Atria on the Hudson

321 North Highland Avenue, Ossining, NY, 10562

Reviews of Atria on the Hudson

TerriTheDiva July 25, 2014

Our mother lived here for five months before we had to find a more appropriate facility. It is a large, impersonal place, if your loved one needs escorting and reminders to leave her apartment. There was little to no communication with us, her family. We were very disappointed, especially when one considers the price of this facility.

I am sorry to hear about your experience and the lack of communication you mentioned. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate directors to ensure we are continually improving upon the relationships with our families. In the meantime, and if you are willing, we would love to connect with you personally to see what may have not been communicated effectively during your mother’s stay. You may contact us directly via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com, including "Atria on the Hudson" in your subject line so we may quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We hope you have found a lovely new home for your mother and are here to help if you feel we can be of further service to your family.

Claudia10 June 10, 2014

I visited Atria. The staff is very friendly and very pleasant. What I noticed is they knew every guest's name. The environment is very nice and upscale. I saw a 1-bedroom, and it was nice and spacious. It had a small terrace, which is very nice. The location is very pleasant. It's right off the Hudson River. From a financial perspective, it's rather expensive, but it's flexible enough that you can rent by the month. You can try it out for a month and see whether that's the environment you want to be in.

They have a pool. They have general practitioners visiting Atria as opposed to the guests having to go out to visit their general practitioner, so I thought that was good. They had a salon/barber shop in-house. They had physical therapy in-house, and they also have a driver who takes the guests for doctor's appointments. They have a bus service that takes the guests to scheduled outings to the local malls and the movie theater. They also had an outdoor area that was covered, so in the summer, they have events outdoors. The guests looked like they were keeping themselves busy.

What is nice is the kitchen is open from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Guests could have a meal whenever they choose. They have a broad menu. If the guest wants scrambled eggs for dinner and a steak for breakfast, the kitchen can accommodate that. You can go as you please, and you can eat as you like. They have 3 different areas where you can sit, and they also have a bar area where you can also sit down and have a meal. It seemed like the place where the crowds would gather late afternoon for a beer or a glass or wine.

caring0507213 May 16, 2013

I loved Atria a lot but it was a little bit more expensive. It's beautiful place if you could afford it. It costs $8000-$10000 to put my father and my step-mother in there and that was unfortunately a little bit outside of scope for us.

It's like a country club on the Hudson River. It has an indoor swimming pool and some of the rooms actually have balconies. It's the perfect place because residents have so much to do. The setting was just beautiful.

caring9758 March 04, 2013

My father had to go to a psychiatric ward in a hospital. We didn't even understand what kind of facility we needed for my father at the time, there was just so much confusion going on, we weren't prepared, and we didn't understand the difference between an assisted living and a nursing home. So we are really relieved that we found Atria on the Hudson.

It's a very nice, new facility, the staff is very friendly. The food looks fine to me. It actually has very nice open spaces, beautiful indoor pool, public spaces are very nice and open, and there is a beautiful library. I think they consider this as luxury assisted living from what I've seen from their website. But it's out of our budget, so we're moving him to Florida.

d3clark48 October 12, 2012

This Atria is very well designed. It has different styles of apartments from efficiency to 2 BR. All are equipped with an emergency call system. Unfortunately, the kitchens (at least in the 1 BRs we saw) are really kitchenettes. The facility has a restaurant and grill on premises where the residents can eat, but if they enjoy cooking, this is a pretty small area to use. And pert of the living area would have to be made into a dining area. The exterior and interior are well-maintained.Amenities are great: restaurants, club, theater, swimming pool, housekeeping service, medication assistance, exercise area/spa/salon, walking paths, town car/shuttle service, cable, pets are welcome, scheduled activities and other features. It is located close to malls, restaurants, parks, the county airport, local hospitals, theaters, a music hall and other venues. It's in an historic area and there are museums, estates, gardens and other scenic areas that are easy to visit. There is a good amount of parking on site for residents and guests. There are trained health care personnel on site if needed.The residents that we met seemed to really like the community and the other residents, They were very complimentary.The downside is cost. Even for residents who cook for themselves and don't use the restaurants, or need medication assistance, the rate is high. Be prepared to pay quite a bit per month to have a loved one stay here.

AaronAC August 05, 2012

Please do not send your relative to this facility. We made a terrible decision in placing her in this facility. We have a long list of complaints but our number one concern were several medication errors. One which sent her to the hospital.

We appreciate your feedback about our community and welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the details of your review and the community name so that we can talk further about the situation.

SignalK June 22, 2012

My parents went there for a respite stay and it was a horrible experience in every respect. The security was non-existent (we entered through the open side door every day), they left my parents waiting for hours to be escorted to dinner or for help taking showers, and when I called the front desk they had no idea where my parents were and wouldn't look for them. So-called "activities" were non-existent, consisting mostly of old movies. My parents were supposed to stay a month and left a week early, also through the side door with no formal notification procedure and no one calling us to find out where they were. We then received a bill for an additional $1100 for services they never received and no credit for the week they weren't there. Eight months later this is unresolved. Do not let anyone go there if you care about their welfare!

Thank you for your feedback regarding Atria on the Hudson. We are sorry to learn that your experience at our community was dissatisfactory. Atria is proud of the high standard it sets for its senior living communities, and strives to continually improve the experience of all residents and families. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us in more detail in order to better understand the situation. Please feel free to email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and please include the community name and the specifics of your review.

Jones428 April 17, 2012

I found it to be a bit depressing putting my grandmother into an assisted living situation, as she was basically capable of living on her own, but with her blessing, we sold her house and moved her into this facility. I was pleasantly surprised by the amenities given to the residents. The horror stories one usually hears about such places did not manifest as we first began visiting her on a regular basis. The staff of the facility was highly knowledgeable but more importantly they were willing and happy to assist in the daily needs of their residents. This includes the maintenance of their health and personal needs. What I was really happy about was the interactions my loved one was able to have in the facility. She was among her peers, people with whom she could associate on a daily basis with similar life stories and problems associated with their age. One problem I did have with the facility was its insistence on signing in an out of the home. Although it was explained to me that this was a security system put in place to protect the people in the home, i found it to be a bit too institutional for my liking. I felt as though i was being brought into a prison and likewise, signing my grandmother out of prison whenever she came to visit us in our home. This was not a concern of any of my family members, so i would not consider it a completely detrimental aspect of the situation. One last thing i was impressed by in the home were the activities available to the residents. I was surprised at how active my grandmother and her new friends were kept daily. There were set times for lunch a variety of activities such as games, entertainment, and group meals. This gave me reassurance that my grandmother would be taken care of to the best of their abilities.

From Atria on the Hudson

Atria on the Hudson overlooks the Hudson River and offers residents a luxurious environment indoors and a beautiful natural environment just outside. An emphasis on the natural and the holistic is a hallmark of our service, so we've designed Atria on the Hudson as a greener, more sustainable assisted living community with classes and programs to help residents remain active. Our eco-friendly efforts have earned Silver LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Development) certification, and through our enhanced assisted living licensure and innovative memory care, residents can enjoy a fulfilling environment longer. Our 10-acre campus offers beautiful gathering spaces for dining or intimate conversations with friends and family. Residents and guests enjoy a full-service spa, fitness center and aquatic center. Visit us today and discover more.

Features of Atria on the Hudson

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $11,160/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 50

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits