Ormond in the Pines | Assisted Living

101 Clyde Morris Blvd, Ormond Beach, FL, 32174

Reviews of Ormond in the Pines | Assisted Living

Anthony27 May 11, 2016

I went to visit Ormond in the Pines and the place was very nice, but expensive. It’s very clean. The room that they showed me was a single room and there was nothing in it. The people that I talked to were very nice. I saw everybody was having a fun time. Their dining area was nice and set-up like a restaurant.

Happy Daughter14 January 30, 2016

I visited Ormond in the Pines. It was fine. The rooms were fine, too. We saw the pool, the activity room, and the dining hall. The dining area was fine.

Visitor29 December 22, 2015

Our impression of Ormond in the Pines was that it was too confusing, too dark. It was not a happy place. We did not see any residents around. The good thing about the place is that the price was right. The dining area was just ordinary. They have a room for games and TV watching. Everything was very dated, and it didn’t look like it was really kept up very well. It was not the kind of place that I would want to put my mother-in-law in.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience during your tour of Ormond in the Pines. We pride ourselves on offering warm, accepting environments to seniors and their families, so I've passed your review on to your Resident Relations team for further investigation. Thank you for your sincere feedback, and best of luck in your senior living search.

Caring113918450 September 30, 2015

Ormond in the Pines was OK. It was not as updated as other facilities. It wasn't dirty by any means, but it just wasn't updated. It looked like an apartment building where they may have to walk way out to their apartments. It's an older facility too.

Sheryll1 August 09, 2015

They have been extremely friendly and helpful at Ormond in the Pines. We are really pleased, and we are looking forward to my mother being there. She is moving into a large one-bedroom apartment. We ate there one time, and the food was good. Everybody seemed happy. One thing they need to improve on is the carpeting. It is an older facility.

Merrilee2 July 29, 2015

We liked Ormond in the Pines. It was very nice. The staff treated the residents very nicely, and they just did have a really good atmosphere. There was a lot of stuff that was within walking distance. It was located very well, and because it is close to 95, I could visit my family so easily. We were looking for something that would be close to 95, so that gave it an extra boost. They had everything. They had a puzzle room, a library, and so many things. My husband and I are not really active socially, but it looked like there were people who we would be able to socialize with. It wasn't all old people. We are old, but we are not "old-old." If they went on field trips or they did something that, we would probably go. We just don't do a lot because we don't like to drive at night.

Jane105953650 June 15, 2015

Ormond in the Pines was my first choice. It had some kind of organization in it that you can go visit other facility belonging to the same organization. I like that. I also thought it was very well run. It has a very nice and very good atmosphere. I had my mother-in-law in there. The staffs were very good, and in fact, they are still calling me. I have seen the rooms before, and now I have seen all of them. I would like to go there. That would be where I want to go; it's just that my husband has dementia, and I'm afraid he has to go to a different kind of place. And truthfully, all the money would go with him, and I wouldn't be able to afford that place. They have all different kinds of units. My mother-in-law had a big bedroom, a living room, a kitchenette, and a large bath. Now for couples, they have two bedrooms if you wanted them. It is quite big, and the apartments were large. I wouldn’t find a problem with that.

Michael109573350 April 19, 2015

We visited Ormond in the Pines for my parents. They had happy people in the front that were in the assisted living part. I'm not a big fan of these places, but if I had to choose one, Ormond in the Pines would be it without a doubt. The rooms were a little bit more older than the other facility, but they were bigger and roomier. I like them. Most of the people that we saw were happy in that establishment. The staff and the people were interacting well, and they had smiles on their face. I thought the attitude of the people was really positive, and that's all that really counts. It was a well run organization. They were concerned about their people and not with money.

Caring106520150 February 22, 2015

The people during the tour were great. They were all very acceptable and seemed very competent. The only thing it did not offer was the ability to keep my parents together. My mother needs physical attention where my stepfather needs less. It was clean and safe, and the food was good. They had lots of activities. The overall ambience was nice; it was a homey place. I would recommend Ormond in the Pines if it's a good match.

Janet102289350 February 10, 2015

We visited Ormond in the Pines, and we had lunch there. I wasn't too happy with the lunch, but other than that, the rooms and everything were nice. The person running the place was very congenial, and I enjoyed her. She showed us around. The only complaint I thought I have would be the food. I thought the rooms were large, and they seemed all right to me. The other thing that we didn't like was when we first walked in, it was like we were walking into a home where I liked to walk where there would be an entrance or some sort. However, I thought the couple that was running the place seemed to be helpful.

Donna95883050 October 31, 2014

I was able to visit Ormond of the Pines because my grandfather is there, and this facility was a positive one which is why we chose this. He has been living there now for a few months and he seems to be very happy. I don’t think the facility's condition is great as well as the location. It's not as clean as I would like it to be, but the people and the staff just surpassed our expectation. They are amazing, and that's really what made a difference for us. We were not looking quite specifically for their activities, but I know they have a lot of great activities. I would absolutely recommend this facility. It's the people there that make it special. It seemed to be a very lively and happy place. Its facility has a serious issue with flooding, and they haven’t really updated the building in so many years. I really do feel that they need to improve the infrastructure of the building. I am worried and concerned about the safety.

Caring86219750 September 08, 2014

Ormond in the Pines is an older facility. It does not have the top of the line décor, but it's nice. The rooms were adequate. The staff and the people are very nice and that is what's important really.

Ellen30 August 28, 2014

The apartments at Ormond in the Pines looked fine. They were nice. However, they were not as spacious nor as nice as the other facility. The only staff I met was the director who showed me the place and she was very good. They were trying to get me to move in, they were very helpful. They kept wanting me to come there and have lunch. But I told them they were too expensive for me right now. I didn't really like it that much. A lot of people were in really bad shape, a lot of them were in wheelchairs, and it was sort of a little depressing.

SuziQ419 August 13, 2014

As soon as I walked in at the Ormond in the Pines, I could see that everybody seemed happy and it did not have an odor. It was definitely not like a nursing home. Their exercise room was very small, but there was an area attached to it where people can listen to music when a band comes in. They lend them the space to practice, so that the people can listen to them and they enjoy that, and then for the different holidays, they will come and do it for them at no charge. Their rooms were really a good size. The bedroom and living room were a good size, and the bathroom was decent; it was clean and updated. The bathtub was small. They cut out the bathtub where they could step in, so that they don't have to step over it. It seemed very narrow as far as being able to put a medical chair in there. It was hard to turn around and for my mom who is about 150 lbs. that would be tight. But it was very clean and they have good closet space. Everything was outdated as far as the kitchen. They have a stove, a sink and a full size refrigerator. They don't have pretty colors. It was very dull and dreary, which to me was a big deal. It needs to be updated. But the apartment itself was big, it was clean, and the air conditioning worked well. It did not have any mushy smell or anything like that. The dining room was beautiful and the cook was very nice. I was very, very happy with it. I asked to be brought to their assisted living and as soon as I hit the floor and the elevator opened, I was not happy at all. That was really the deciding factor and I walked out. The carpeting in the hallway was so old and dirty, and the walls were filthy and have not been painted in years. I walked into their dining hall and that hasn't been redone. The upstairs remind me of a nursing home. The workers all seemed wonderful -- the nurses, the CNAs and everyone all seemed really nice. I mean everybody can smile and the patients seemed okay, but the upstairs really bothered me. I did tell them that if my mom had to go to assisted living, I wouldn't be happy with her being upstairs. It was still clean, but it was just that the hallway and the dining hall were more nursing home feeling. It looked like they haven't repainted the walls in years. The downstairs had been repainted; they just painted it with nasty colors. The furniture that they have was back from the 60s and the 70s. It was so outdated and with ugly colors. Overall, the food looked wonderful, the dining room looked wonderful, and people looked happy. It was just that little situation. If they just took $100 from every resident and painted the walls and updated the furniture, I'd give them a five-star rating. The people were super nice, but that is just my opinion. Somebody needs to talk to the owners, because the workers can't do anything about it. They only get paid a certain amount of money and they are doing their job by taking care of the residents. I could see that they get hugged and they are kind to everybody. I loved that and that is what the elderly people need -- it was adorable. At mealtime, they all bring their wheelchairs and walkers and they have what they call "valet service." At dinner time, they have teenagers from the high school who visit -- they are all dressed up in black serving outfits. They'd get their wheelchair, bring them to their dining seats, and then they'd take their wheelchairs, bring it back out in the hallway, and park it there. They park all their walkers so everybody does not crowd into the dining room with all those walkers and everything. It was so cute. I think they need to have better activities. I looked at their calendar and it looked full, but it was basic. There was nothing extracurricular. I think it was great, though. It is like living in a resort. You are being taken care of and you don't have to worry about anything. They seemed very friendly and accommodating, and I was very pleased with them. But, they need to update their facilities and to talk to somebody like a psychiatrist or people who know that colors are a big factor in causing people to be either happy or depressed. I know if my mom were around these people, it would make her happy to get involved and to have friends. I do like that they allow small pets, which is nice if you want to have a cat or a small dog. It was very nice. I was very pleased with it overall.

Caring84952650 June 30, 2014

I was treated very nicely during my visit at Ormond in the Pines. They were very helpful. It’s a little bigger than the other facility I’ve visited and was homey. I saw one of the rooms -- very clean, nicely set up, and comfortable looking. The facility was very nice, very clean. The residents were happy, and there were a lot of activities. I saw a list of activities that were available, like there were fieldtrips and bingo.

Caring82186850 April 22, 2014

I really liked Ormond a lot. It’s an older place but everything is well maintained. The food is very good. They have a terrific tea room where everything is well stocked for the residents. One thing I liked is the manager lives there so they’re on call 24 hours. They had activities and they really get the people involved.

Thomas33 March 31, 2014

I loved Ormond in the Pines so much. It was very clean, and it's really awesome. The tour that they gave me was really great. The old people sometimes were difficult to deal with, but the employees were so patient. They did it very diligently and nicely to accommodate their needs. They have a good skill in dealing with that. They have a lot of activities, so they keep everybody occupied. They invited me for lunch, and the food was very good. I really was impressed all the way.

Donna65315450 October 25, 2013

I looked at Ormond In The Pines and I would have moved in myself. I had lunch there and it was great. They really catered to their clients. I'd talked to a few women there and they were very happy. The main facility where the people were eating looked like a restaurant. However, the hallway was a little bit worn.

caring11074 November 16, 2012

Ormond in the Pines is a very good place. We were very pleased with it because everybody there was very helpful and very informative. The food is very good and nicely presented.

Caring490660 January 17, 2012

I have the pleasure of visiting this facility many times due to having a relative living in the facility. The staff and residents alike are all very wonderful and happy. The facility offers the assisted living area and in a separate area they have the skilled nursing area. The meals are all very delicious and they offer a wide variety of dietary needs depending on the resident. The dinning room is very spacious. Also they offer snacks and beverages throughout the day. Ormand in the Pines offer's 4 different floor plans to choose from, although the residents are very seldom found in their rooms. I found that the majority are either out on tours around town, shopping, walking on the beach, or enjoying the pool or outdoors. This facility is also "small" pet friendly and I notice that there are quite a few pets as residents.

KerriAnn1 December 13, 2011

My grandmother lived here for years and just loved it! She is used to nice places so it takes a lot to impress her and let me tell you she was impressed from the moment we took a tour the first time. The staff is great very helpful and caring. They will also help you if you have a question or problem. They also have a bunch of activities for the residents such as bingo and special dinners for holidays. They usually have an activity going on. The residents have a great time together and are happy. The food is really good too everyone seems to be happy with it. The place is really clean and well kept with up to date facilities. It's a great place to visit and very relaxing. The whole place is really great and I would recommend it to anyone. The rates are pretty reasonable too. Overall excellent place!

Daytonapearl May 19, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My mother-in-law first lived in the assisted living and then the supervised living section of this facility. My husband and I were pleased with the cleanliness of the well-maintained place and with care and respect Mom received from the nursing staff and other employees on premise. The food, recreational amenities and social program were above par. The onsite managers and other administrative personnel were always available to answer any questions and resolve any issues in a timely manner. Our only concern was that the nursing staff was sometimes insufficient to handle all of the residents in the supervised living/dementia building. Mom would often have to wait for someone on staff to escort her to the dining room or guide her back to her own room.

From Ormond in the Pines

A slice of paradise...

Whether you're ready to relax and enjoy your retirement on the beach or still craving that need for speed and excitement on the Daytona raceway, there's no better place to be than Ormond in the Pines in the lovely seaside town of Ormond Beach, Florida.

It's your retirement; you deserve to be having the time of your life. Why don't you join us at Ormond in the Pines, and enjoy a slice of retirement paradise?

Features of Ormond in the Pines