Brookdale Ormond Beach

550 Wilmette Avenue, Ormond Beach, FL, 32174

Reviews of Brookdale Ormond Beach

September 07, 2015

I visited Brookdale Ormond Beach. It was nice, but the apartments were really small. Certain people, I'm sure, would enjoy Brookdale Ormond Beach, but it is definitely not for us. The staff was very friendly and nice and so on, but the apartments were so small. They had nothing there as far as I'm concerned. We would never be happy there.

May 22, 2015

By Marianne14

I visited Brookdale Ormond Beach, and I was treated very professionally and warmly. Their housing is much newer and more lavish. It is a lot more upscale. I didn't see any activity because I went in at an off time. But I'm sure they have many because I get a newsletter every month that has the activities. The rooms and apartment are beautiful. It has a beautiful dining room with beautiful furniture. I'm sure it is really pretty with linen table cloth and napkins. It is almost like fine dining. The security seemed very good. I really liked that Brookdale would do respite care for short term. They don't pressure you into keeping them there. They are available to help you in any way they can. They are all very friendly and caring staff.

August 04, 2014

By Lion22

Looks nice but......poor management. Way understaffed. Employee turnover is terrible. Few activities. Happy we moved Mom out.....sorry we did not do it sooner. Too expensive for what you get.

May 30, 2014

By Ron25

The individual who assisted us at Southland Suites was very accommodating. She always called back and offered alternatives and suggestions as well. It was a bit large as far as the number of the residents, and the financial part of it was higher than what we were trying to manage. They seem to have a very nice dining facility, and it is quite large, and they have good selection. It's an older facility, but it's pretty clean and up to date. They have a nice and cheery atmosphere.

December 20, 2013

Southland Suites was way too expensive. I don't know how they expect people to afford $4100 a month. The facility wasn't that great either. The rooms were small. We didn't meet many of the staff. I just met the first person who took us around and that was it.

August 28, 2013

By Judy39

My husband is at Southland Suites and they are very good. The place looks clean and pretty. The staff are very helpful. The food is great. I think they just need more activities.

March 23, 2012

By ssteve

My mother was here for a year or so and it was not a good experience. At first, it was alright, but a change in management made it awful. They were medically negligent, and her things were always being taken. When she moved, money and other items were withheld, and someone else's old appliance was substituted for hers. Because her eyesight made her vulnerable, she was taken advantage of by staff and management, and I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. I wouldn't give them any stars at all but the building is nice.

October 17, 2011

By hehill

Mothers possessions, including her jewelry were stolen and never returned. On one occasion, this happened while she was hospitalized. Staff unresponsive to family.

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Ormond Beach

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: LNS License
  • State Licenses: Assited Living 9192

About Brookdale Ormond Beach

Brookdale Ormond Beach provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We are a beautiful 58 unit assisted Living community in a quiet setting. We have a wonderful courtyard in the middle of our building to enjoy the outdoors. A newly refinished pool table for residents and quest to use. Many rooms for you and your family to use for events.

Map of Brookdale Ormond Beach