Brookdale Dr. Phillips

8001 Pin Oak Drive, Orlando, FL, 32819

Reviews of Brookdale Dr. Phillips

Caring110696650 August 12, 2015

I really did not like Brookdale Dr. Phillips (Formerly Madison House) at all. I didn't like the layout of the rooms. The grounds were small, and just overall, I did not like it. It's not a place that I would be interested in going to. However, the overall experience was good. The person that greeted me was very pleasant and very informative and took me on a tour of the facility.

Linda111933650 August 10, 2015

Brookdale Dr. Phillips is wonderful. My mother lives there now. The room is pristine. They keep it beautiful. She is playing bingo. She is busy all day. I am very pleased.

Caring111063050 July 21, 2015

I visited Brookdale Dr. Phillips (Formerly Madison House). It was clean, the people were friendly, the rooms were nice, and the floors were recently renovated. They had one bedroom with a sitting area, and they had a studio. They had lots of activities.

Anonymous110812950 July 14, 2015

Brookdale Dr. Phillips was OK. The facility looked more updated. It looked good, and it was very clean.

Caring109495950 July 06, 2015

Brookdale Dr Philips was nice. They didn’t expect me, although I made an appointment. The staff was nice. They showed me one in the dementia side and one on the other side. The rooms were fine.

Caring113146950 June 30, 2015

We move our mom to Brookdale Dr. Phillips. It is very close to our home. The administration is very good. The upkeep and the rooms are terrific for the prices. They have excursions, and internally they have entertainment. People come in to sing and things like that. They have a brief curriculum inside for all the elderly residents.

The environment is very nice. It is very congenial and very hospitable, which is I think that's all I need to ask for. They serve three meals a day. All the doctors and specialists come in the community.

Caring105540450 June 21, 2015

We really like Brookdale Dr. Phillips. Deanna -- I believe was her name -- the person who gave us the tour, was very helpful and very knowledgeable, and you could just really see the passion she had for her job and the care that she has for the residents there. We really liked this one. It was beautiful when we walked in. It was clean and very inviting, the residents seemed like they were pretty happy, and Deanna was just so warm and inviting; she spent a lot of time with us, answered our bunch of questions, and seemed very knowledgeable about the needs of people that need assisted living. And we thought that the activities they were providing were just outstanding. It really seemed that they want their residents to be happy, safe, and comfortable. It was just a really great experience. The only thing was that the rooms were a little small, but that really was my only complaint. But everything was very clean, very nice, and very pleasant. I was just impressed with that; I was impressed with her.

Caring104797450 April 19, 2015

They were very informative. The lady that showed me the place spoke Spanish, but -- the people who were in the restaurant the nurses, and the residents -- nobody else spoke Spanish. Brookdale Dr. Phillips was outstanding, but they didn't fit my mom as she doesn't speak English.

Mark103933650 March 31, 2015

The staff at Brookdale Dr. Phillips is very efficient. They did not have the facilities the other place did, but it is also a lot less money. I did not eat there, so I can't say anything about the food, but the staff that I met was very accommodating. They only have two stages there: independent living and assisted living. It wasn't the improvement; it was more that they just didn't have as much. But if you were talking price, I would have to give them a higher rating because they were a lot less money. You are going to get what you pay for.

Caring101097150 January 09, 2015

What I liked about Madison House more than any other places was the fact that you never had to leave your room when your level of care increases. You don't need to move to another room or place; they just took care of you at your level. So once you got in there and you like your room, you can stay there until God calls you home. The staff was wonderful. I had fun with them. They showed me around; they were enjoyable as well as helpful. They do have religious ceremonies weekly, and that is very important to me.

Caring28394750 August 29, 2014

I didn’t see a whole lot at Madison House, but the facility is clean. I saw their rooms and they were just basic rooms. The woman that I talked to was alright, but she just wasn’t overly friendly. She didn’t have too much of a personality.

Daniel13 June 30, 2014

I chose Madison House for my father-in-law because we were very impressed with it. The location is ideal for us because it is only two and a half miles from our house, and the price is very reasonable. They give him the needed services of bathing, food preparation, and good exercise regularly, and they get him up and moving about a lot more than when we had him in the nursing home. He is in a one-room apartment that we furnished ourselves with a lounge chair, lamps, pictures, and a full-size bed. It's got a double closet in it and a full-size bathroom and shower. It is just overall very nicely furnished. They have so many activities that I couldn't even begin to tell you. He doesn't take part in too many of them because he likes to read and watch television, so that takes up a good portion of his time, but he gets to socialize a lot and he enjoys it. The food is very good. There is a variety, and if he just wants a small snack instead of a full meal, that is available to him also. They have snacks all over the place as well, which is ideal. The staff is very upbeat, very helpful, and a lot of nice personalities.

Lisa79363250 February 28, 2014

I went and spoke to somebody at Madison House and tour the facility. It was a newer place. It looked to be kept well and in good condition, but it was further away from where we want it to be. It was in a nice, serene setting.

Rita17 January 31, 2014

Before my mom passed away, she stayed in Madison House for six weeks. We chose this one because it was closer to me. I think it was a good facility. They seemed to have a lot of good food choices. I think the best point about them was that they had a lot of activities for their residents. They had movies, trivia games, etc. They would play in the garden and take them out to shopping. They can even have their nails painted for free. There were many activities just to encourage a lot of socialization. The staff had good work attitude. Except for maybe one, they're all very good. My mom had her own room. It was just a one-bedroom with a bathroom. It didn't have a kitchen facility. We just put a refrigerator there for her. They did have the availability for a bigger room with a kitchen.

joyour April 08, 2013

I am appalled at the living conditions in this center. There are individual resident who could never leave this center due to small hallways, lack of exits, staffing issues, and lack of communication for exit. THIS CENTER HAS TRIED TO SPEND A LOT ON OUTSIDE AMMENTIES, HOWEVER, THE FRONT DOOR IS DENTED, THE GROUNDS HAVE PLANTERS TIPPED OVER, AND THE STAFF DOESN'T EVEN KNOW RESIDENTS WHO RESIDE THERE. THIS PLACE SHOULD BE MONITORED EXTENSIVELY BY STATE INSPECTORS. DO YOU KNOW IF YOU CALL THERE ON THE WEEKEND YOU NEED TO LEAVE A MESSAGE. WOW IT IS SO WONDERFUL TO BE SO ELITE AND CHARGE SO MUCH WHEN YOU PROVIDE SO LITTLE. PLEASE CLOSE YOUR DOORS NOW1111111

Molly7 July 06, 2012

The place is always clean and tidy when i visit my parents, which is usually on a weekend. They also was seem happy and at peace and look well. the care home allows organise outings that my patrents really enjoy as it means that they not kept on property all the time. They have everything they need on site, such as a barbar shop and a fitness center that my parents have both used.

Juniper1 June 24, 2012

My experiences with Madison House are always fairly pleasant. I am only an occasional visitor, so I can't speak about the day to day workings. However I do know that whenever I have been around, the facility seemed to have a number of amenities for residents. The times I have been there, there has usually a group of volunteers who come in to coordinate activities with residents. I really think this is a great way to help them socialize and to keep things interesting. Madison house is always very clean and orderly. The staff is always very nice to everyone that I've seen, and most people seem to be happy with their accommodations. My grandmother has never complained about her life there, and has actually made quite a few friends. I appreciate the work that they do. I would definitely recommend this place to friends who are in need of assisted living care.

Caring Grandson June 23, 2012

The facility was clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and upbeat. They truly seemed to enjoy working with the residents. The residents were generally in a good mood and seemed to be enjoying themselves. They seemed to be kept busy through activities and were able to socialize in an sitting area if they wished to.The building was nicely decorated with lots of room for walking around and chairs laid out for your sitting pleasure. The courtyard was very relaxing, the kind of place where you could sit and drink tea while watching the day go by. I did see a few stray cats, and what seemed to be food and water left out for them. While not the most hygienic I can see how some of the residents would take it upon themselves to feed the local cats.The few elderly residents I spoke to had good things to say, though one did complain about the cooking, saying it was very bland. Based upon our experience I would be ok with letting Nana stay here.

A_Turk April 18, 2012

The staff were very nice, had everything in order and were friendly towards the residents and the visitors. In looking for a assisted living for my grandmother I need to know the quality of the amenities (bathroom, food, housing, and on staff nursing care). Out of the other assisted living facilities, this one was the most kind and generous to the visitors and residents. The best part is their emphasis on personal care. A they do mean it! Letting residents adapt to a more friendly environment making the transition from home to here a breeze. The best way I can describe this is, cozy. I felt safe leaving my grandmother in their care.

Deep10 March 10, 2012

I visited the facilities once to visit my grandmother, about 2 months ago. The staff were very nice, respecful, had everything in order and were friendly towards the residents and the visitors. Amenities looked to be enough and my grandmother didn't say the contrary. The facilities were pretty good, the seniors looked happy and my grandmother's area was suprisingly cozy. I would like to visit her again sometime soon when I'm in Florida.

madison12 January 06, 2012

My grandmother has been a citizen of the Madison House Assisted Living Facility now for about 3 years. I visit here there on a regular basis.From my perspective, the facility is fairly new and always has a clean appearance and great up-keep. The amenities, care, and services availableare perfect for my grandmother. Each citizen has customized care which allows for more freedom and their own choices to make. This facility also has the options for assisting with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and management of medications. This is handy for my grandmother because she cannot drive to pick up hermedications. The staff at the facility personally delivers her medications and makes sure if she needs anything else in medication regards. A majority of the staff are very caring and compassionate employees. The facility does a great job of finding and keeping the right people to serve all residents. I am very pleased with this facility and my grandmother also seems to enjoy it. I would recommend this facility to anyone that requires care.

lisa2 September 10, 2011

The past few years I have been volunteering in the beauty salon of a nursing home. I give manicures, help with the residents' hair and wheel people to and from their rooms. On really slow days I am able to brush ladies' hair for as long as they like, or until they fall asleep, whichever comes first. I decided to volunteer when my mom's friend told me that she could use some help at the salon; this was her full-time job. I asked if she would like me to help and she said sure. When I first went, I was a little scared. First of all, I didn't know my way around the nursing home, so when I was asked to help some ladies in their wheelchairs down to the salon, I got lost and had to ask for directions after every turn. Scary! I do also have to admit that some of the people there scared me too. I wasn't used to this type of environment, and so I felt like everyone was watching my every move, which in fact they were. Not because they didn't like me, but because I made them feel better, because they liked seeing a young face there. After a few weeks I was learning my way around, and started getting to know a few of the ladies. There are funny stories I can tell, like the lady who has a split personality and gets into arguments with herself on a pretend phone. There were these two ladies who didn't get along and one rolled over the other's foot while in their wheelchairs, and started throwing punches. This may sound weird, but it was almost cute because they were so tiny and fragile. Even though you've heard some of my good stories, the nursing home is not always a happy place. I've gotten really close to some of the people, but then they go and die on me. It's sad when you go to pick up the person's roommate and just want to cry knowing who used to live there. Also when you walk down the halls, you hear a few people crying out to you. They ask you to come help them get better, or to stop their pain. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that volunteering in a nursing home can be fun at times, but heartbreaking at other times.

From Brookdale Dr. Phillips

Brookdale Dr. Phillips provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Dr. Phillips