Brookdale Conway

5501 East Michigan Street, Orlando, FL, 32822

Reviews of Brookdale Conway

Anonymous110812950 July 14, 2015

I went to visit Brookdale Conway. The staff was nice, but I did not like the location. The dining area was OK. They had different kinds of activities.

Caring109495950 July 06, 2015

Brookdale Conway looked dirty. The lady who showed us around was very nice and hospitable. I was impressed with the dining room because it looked like a restaurant.

Caring104283250 April 20, 2015

I was able to visit Brookdale Conway. The place seemed very clean, but one of the things that bothered me there was that it was too quiet, and none of the residents were talking to each other. There was an activities calendar posted, but there were no visible signs of activity. It was too quiet, and it felt to me an empty hospital. The staff was very polite, cordial, and friendly.

We are sorry to hear that you felt the lifestyle at Brookdale Conway was not active enough. The goal of our staff is to ensure that residents receive the assistance they each need while allowing them to live as independently as possible. Brookdale Conway has a Resident Program Director to engage the residents and ensure they are living an optimum life. If you would like to contact us to discuss Brookdale Conway or another Brookdale community, we hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

Caring104460150 March 31, 2015

We went to Brookdale at Conway and I saw that they need additional staff. Their patient with memory problems who just wandering through the day. They were going to other patient's room and disturbing those patients who are sleeping. They weren't providing enough supervision for their memory patients who wandered the hall and were disturbing other patients.

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority. Your concern is being reviewed. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss it with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

Caring65780450 January 30, 2015

They're pretty good. It's not easy for my mother or for me, but we're getting used to it. It's not an ideal place, but it's OK. The room is OK; it's a studio, and it's small, but it has a nice window. The food is kind of repetitive, but it's OK. They have activities, but my mother isn't participating in a lot of them. I chose Brookdale Conway primarily for their proximity to my house. The staff isn't bad, the place is clean, and the food is fairly good.

Ray20 January 13, 2015

We looked at Brookdale Conway, and it seemed really dated. We did not like it at all. The rooms were small, they did not really have anything available, and it was just outdated. So we did not investigate further than that. This is just an impression from walking around the facility. I did like the courtyard that they had, and if they try to grow some gardens and have the residents be involved in that, I think it will be kind of neat.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Your input is very important to us and we will share your feedback to help better serve our residents in the future.

Sandra83338850 May 30, 2014

I've been to Emeritus. I pass them every day, and I knew it was a senior living facility. I loved it. It's beautiful. The staff seems to be very good. I didn't see any problems. The rooms were either an individual or a dual. Spacious. They were very good with a lot of family personalization. They have arts and crafts, cards, movies, games, books. I like that it was clean.

Cindy44 April 22, 2014

I visited Emeritus. I liked it, and I liked the staff. Everyone seemed friendly and helpful, and I didn't see anyone standing around. It seemed like everybody was doing something. The rooms were nice and comfortable. I was looking at a bedroom, a sitting area, and a little alcove that you could put a dresser or a TV in. I didn't eat there, but the dining room was comfortable, and once a week, they had a special menu. The menus looked good.

They had some exercise programs, some crafts programs, and games. When I went, they were gearing up for a Western night. They were going to have a Western Chuck wagon barbeque thing and music. You can hear the band coming in. They were doing some square dancing for those who knew how to dance. They had interesting activities. I was ready to move in myself.

Sylvia12 March 27, 2014

I had my father at Emeritus at Conway. We chose this facility because it's near to us. The staff is very helpful and very informative. They have lots of resources to help you with the process. The environment is very clean, and they have scheduled activities for most of the day every day, but I think they need to improve on their parking lot.

Lisa79363250 February 28, 2014

Emeritus Conway is a decent place. The staff was very helpful in the transition from hospital to the facility. It's not fancy. They could spruce it up a little bit. But they did a good job with holiday decoration. I think the staff does a pretty good job.

Caring77495050 January 31, 2014

I was able to visit Emeritus at Conway and I wasn’t very impressed with this facility. For me it was depressing. It was dark and it wasn’t cheery. I visited a friend that was there, talked to her, and I just felt very depressed. That particular visit made me say I don’t any part of my family to be there. The rooms were small, but I don’t know how big they are supposed to be. And also I didn’t see a bathroom associated with the room that I went to. The menu to me seemed okay, but their dining room needs to be upgraded. I think this facility needs to be brighter and more cheery.

Julia5 November 27, 2013

I visited mom at Emeritus at Conway and the facility seemed nice. She shares a room with someone else and their room was spacious. I wouldn't call the facility exceptional, but I won't call it bad either.

Sherry14 April 18, 2013

My daughter told me about Emeritus so I checked it out since it was near my house. I liked the overall appearance. It was very clean, modern and up-to-date. I talked with the administrator and I liked the way she treated me. She was very professional yet I could tell she was also compassionate. I liked the way she managed the place. I also spoke to the staff through the telephone and they seemed caring and helpful. There were round the clock doctors, nurses and physical therapists. It looked like they had all what our mother needed. I was really impressed. They just did not have any vacancy.

Caring0347 December 17, 2012

I visited most of the Emeritus facilities. I have to say that at first glance, Emeritus at Conway is not very impressive. The facility is kind of shabby and the buildings need repair and not really impressive looking. However, the food is really good and the staff is highly-trained. So if I have to choose between a better building or a better staff, I have to go with the better staff.

firley May 08, 2012

I placed my Mother at Emeritus due to COPD and Alzheimers. She lived there for the better part of a year and I must say I have never been around more caring and patient staff in my life. They would have parties on special holidays and my whole family would go and we were all treated just like family. It's a tough choice and in the Orlando area there are numerous facilities to chose from. I have to say that I couldn't have picked a better place for my Mom. She passed last Oct. but I must say that everyone at Emeritus at Conway did everything they could think of to help my Mom.

commercesd April 18, 2012

The Emeritus at Conway assisted living facility looked like a very nice colonial style motel. The park-like atmosphere on the surrounding grounds was very pleasant and had nice seating areas.

The main foyer had a friendly, airy and nicely decorated receiving area. All of the communal areas had activities occurring, from reading to games and other social interactions. All of the residents seemed to be enjoying themselves.

The residents are taken to surrounding areas to enjoy the many events and happenings in the region, from nature walks to beach excursions, to fine dining, shopping and entertainment venues.

The residents may take exercise classes such as yoga and aerobics, or use the weight training and other equipment. They may also enjoy the outer walk ways around the building and courtyard. The seniors are encouraged to enjoy physical activity as much as possible.

The living suites were bright and cheerful with nice color schemes. All were a nice size and very well designed and personalized.

The food choices looked nutritious and delicious. The regular snacks also looked great and are offered continually and whenever requested.

All of the seniors looked very well cared for and seemed quite content living within this environment - which was sensibly and nicely designed.

From Brookdale Conway

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9286

Features of Brookdale Conway

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: 2-room suite (bed room, bath room & sitting area)
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 9286