Brookdale Orland Park

16051 S La Grange Road, Orland Park, IL, 60467

Reviews of Brookdale Orland Park

Caring87245750 November 30, 2015

I was very impressed with Brookdale Orland Park’s memory-care area. It looks like it would be an excellent fit for my mom. It looks like they have a lot of staff, and I talked to the person that’s in charge of the staff. It was very clean and very nicely decorated when I was there. The rooms are small.

Anonymous116766650 November 22, 2015

Brookdale Orland Park was a very nice facility. They were very helpful and very responsive but would not accept my father-in-law.

Anonymous110664850 July 14, 2015

I was quite impressed when I stepped into Brookdale Orland Park. I heard laughter, and I wondered what was going on. The residents were all involved in some kind of an auction. It looked to me like they were having a good time. The staff was very friendly and very knowledgeable. The dining area looked very nice.

Caring106198950 May 13, 2015

We visited Brookdale Orland Park, and we really liked it. I knew about it because I was from Orland Park. I liked that it was very bright, cheerful, and open, and they would greet you at the door. It was a very good experience. The staff was very nice. They took us on a tour, and we had lunch there with my mom. I thought the food was OK. We dealt with Allan Trueblood over there, and he was wonderful. He tried to make the accommodations we would need to place my mom there.

The rooms were very nice. They were private rooms. When you went off the elevator on the first floor, it was close to the dining hall, which was nice. We liked that they had memory care, and we needed that. They had lots of activities, and they do different things. I thought they do a little get up and go kind of little trips. For us, it was a very close proximity to the rest of my siblings so we could visit mom very often.

Caring99148450 April 27, 2015

My mom will be moving into Brookdale Orland Park. Basically, she will have a room with a tiny refrigerator, and she could have a microwave in there and an automatic shut off coffee pot. I was impressed by the level of care for my mom. They are stating that they would be able to handle my mom. After they assessed her, they said, "We will be able to handle her. We have a higher level of care than a lot of the assisted living." That is why I am going with them. There was an arts and crafts room; it was small. Their activity room was right next to the dining room, so I think they hold a lot of their things right there. It is not a real big community.

Anitra1 March 07, 2015

Brookdale Orland Park looked beautiful. I talked with somebody just moments before I arrived. They had my name typed out and a little welcome thing, which was really nice. The facility itself was nice, and they had different activities for their residents.

Caring106878950 February 28, 2015

I went to Brookdale Orland Park. It was very nice. It was like they have a very small section for memory care. In all these places I went to, I was looking for memory care and I was not looking for assisted living. The memory care was in one little hallway, and that is all you can walk. The staff was very nice. They were trying to bend over backwards because they wanted me, and they had an opening. The rooms were all basically the same which is a bedroom and a bathroom. The one thing that I really liked is they showed everybody at lunchtime two different meals. You could pick which one you wanted. This is visual. Most of these people at memory care can't think about it. So when you show it to them, they can look and say if they like that because of the way it looks, so I thought it was very good. That was an A plus that they have two different entrées, brought it out, showed it to them, and asked them which one that they like. I didn't see any activities when I was there. They gave me a calendar, but it could be full of baloney. How do you know they are doing all of that unless you are there all day. You also have to buzz in and buzz out, so it was highly secure.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. Please be assured that we are always trying to engage our residents through scheduled programs and outings designed with their interests and capabilities in mind. From fitness and education programs to cultural and social events, there is something for everyone! We would love for you to keep us in mind and come back to visit again!

Terry26 June 16, 2014

Emeritus is nice and has a homey feeling. The staff is really nice. The location is good and near shopping areas. The people are all friendly, but it is not what we were looking for.

Caring79407050 March 27, 2014

I have a dad in Emeritus. I chose it because it is near the people he knows. I am happy with it. I have no complaints with their work. The rooms are adequate. The dining area is like a restaurant. They have several organized activities, like Wii bowling, bingo, exercise, and arts and crafts.

Jane47 February 28, 2014

Mom is at Emeritus at Orland Park. I chose it because they told me that they offer more care and also because there were attendants that they can call for help. They also provide different levels of care so that's another reason why I chose this facility. I think that the staff as well as the nursing staff are very good, but I can see that they are understaffed so far. Their rooms as well as their dining room are nice. My mom really likes the food and she thinks it's good. They had lots of activities for the residents. Mom likes pretty nails and they do her fingernails on Saturdays.

Caring78712550 February 28, 2014

Emeritus at Orland was lovely. The appearance was alright. It was extremely clean and very modern. Someone there paid a lot of attention for details. It had a homey atmosphere. Even when you drive up to it, it looked as if you're going to a hotel for a retreat instead of a nursing home or assisted living. It was very nice. It was not overbearing in terms of the number of people. I like the outside where the residents can go and sit during spring and summer. It was beautiful. The rooms were very nice. It was basically up to the individual to create the type of environment that he wanted in the room. I like the door decorations they had. Some of the residents had beautiful door decorations that you would have on a door of a private home. The staff was very nice. We spoke with someone there and she was absolutely wonderful until we told her how much money we had and my brother's age, and at that point, it was null and void.

Clarence5 January 30, 2014

After I visited Emeritus at Orland Park, I felt that it was well maintained and clean. The staff seemed very interested in taking care of the resident. My wife has been there since November 9. She's in a private room with a toilet and no shower. The room is adequate for her. The dining room is pleasant enough and she seems to like the food. I really don’t have any complaints as I can see that they are taking good care of her. She seemed a little more adjusted to the place. They say they have a lot of activities and I know they have for the assisted living area, but I have not seen any on the memory care unit.

cmkk December 28, 2013

This place is very understaffed and the staff in the memory care unit has not been well trained at all. My mother was in this facility for 4 months and I took her out after issues with mismanaged medication caused multiple falls. My mother ended up with 2 broken ribs because she was left unattended after given a sleeping pill at 6:30 in the evening! There is no nurse on staff after 8pm, so she could not even get so much as a Tylenol for her pain at night. They cannot handle anyone who has moderate to advanced dementia! I felt my mother was left alone and neglected most of the time. Horrible facility! Stay away!

Ruth18 November 27, 2013

My mom is in Emeritus at Orland Park. It is exactly what she wanted. She went in there and fell in love with it. The staff members are amazing. They're very concerned about their residents. They try to get them involved. They're just awesome! My mom is doing absolutely amazing there.

Frances8 November 20, 2013

My cousin liked Emeritus because it was like a home. It was a nice and clean facility. He enjoyed talking to the residents and doing what they did. I saw the people playing Wii. They seemed nice and the staff was accommodating. However, if they had told me when I first went there, I could have made a down payment that could have helped because I could have done it and had the room they showed us because that's the one we liked. But then, they moved us to a different one because some else took it. My cousin was supposed to move in on August 27, but he ended up in the hospital due to pneumonia. However, I held the room because we thought everything was going to work out. He was then supposed to move there on October 1st, but he passed away at 6:30 in the morning.

Gina7 September 29, 2013

I went to visit Emeritus at Orland Park when I looked for a facility for my dad. It was clean, livable and very homey. It seemed more like a hotel room than a hospital room. The staff were very informative, kind and they took their time to show me around. They also answered all my questions. They said they had a calendar with the list of the different activities that went on, but I was not able to see any of the activities during my visit.

revmonkey August 28, 2012

I expected this place to be depressing based on the stereotypes of assisted living facilities I have heard in the past. It turned out to be pretty nice. It is very clean with no bad lingering smells. The staff was friendly and helpful. My great aunt seemed pretty happy and content. She is generally amiable but will speak her mind when things upset her, however she didn't have much bad to say about her situation. It is near the mall and many restaurants so residents have access to a lot. The interior decor is nice. The landscaping seemed nice and well kept. Many rooms have large porches. I did not witness any poor care or abuse by staff. The other residents generally seemed content for the most part. I don't feel bad that a family member of mine has to stay in such a place. It is nice that she can be comfortable and safe and can go do whatever she wants whenever she likes.

momof31 January 07, 2012

I visited a friends mother here on several occasions and the standard of care that she received was wonderful. She lived to be 102 and was very active up until the last week of her life. There were many activities available and the residents all seemed to be quite content. My friend would visit at all different times of the day and never saw any signs of any mis treatment or neglect. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and knowledgable. If I ever have to chose a facility this would be my choice

Caring453051 September 30, 2011

The staff there was friendly from the very beginning. Caring people, friendly people, makes you feel like you are at home. Always shows respect to my family member. Clean place, smells great.

From Brookdale Orland Park

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Orland Park