Brookdale Orangevale

6125 Hazel Avenue, Orangevale, CA, 95662

Reviews of Brookdale Orangevale

Not Recommend December 08, 2014

The place is being bought out and the food is terrible. They do not have a diabetic freindly menu and very few fresh vegetable. Vegetables consist of nasty tasting peas, carrots and salty canned spinach. Serious changes need to be made before you send a diabetic loved one here.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss them in greater detail.

Mike46 May 20, 2014

We liked Emeritus Hazel Creek. The only reason we went with the one in Folsom is because they had a memory care unit. And eventually we know that we're going to be requiring a use of memory care unit. The staff was fine, very helpful, and pleasant. The room might have been a little nicer.

Caring84169950 May 10, 2014

Emeritus at Hazel Creek was exceptional. I thought it was a wonderful facility. If my grandmother was OK and still able to function, that would be the best place for her. I loved it. I thought it was very warm, there were a lot of activities, and they had really good food. They actually had a chef there. It's just really nice. In fact, I went through the whole thing. It was excellent. I liked the rooms a lot. They look more like an apartment setting. It's small, but I thought they were nice. I just thought that it was a vibrant community. And I think that for someone who was still desiring a high level quality of life, that would be a facility for them. There was a lot that you can choose from. As a member of the family, you can always have dinner with them if you want to.

My mom's daughter April 16, 2014

My mom was living at Emeritus at Hazel Creek for a few months. She had spine problem and had to use a wheelchair most of the time. I am not going to give her name but I think you know who I am talking about. She was badly treated by caregivers and medtechs. Her food will be brought and thrown into the sink and when I complained they said she did not want to eat. My mom would call me all the time and complain at the way she was treated. At one time my husband went to visit my mom and found her breakfast and lunch in the sink uneaten, when I complained to management I got the same answer every time and the answer was "your mom does not want to eat." When I would feed her she would gladly eat her food and drink her tea. My mom died there just before I could move her out but the sad thing was caregivers refused to take her to the dining room because she ate very slowly and they needed to clear up the tables. My advice to Emeritus at Hazel Creek is if you take care of your residents the way you promise when we first come in you wouldn't have so many leaving you so fast and bringing in the ones that other facilities refuse to accept. I still pain when I think about my mother's death and would never recommend Emeritus at Hazel Creek to anyone

John88595050 March 26, 2014

What we liked about Emeritus at Hazel Creek when we visited the facility was the atmosphere. I also like their dining room. The rooms were big and in fact we were surprised by how big they were. It was very nice and clean. The lady that took us for a tour was excellent and she was very nice. We saw the menu and it seemed to be of a good variety, but we haven’t tasted the food yet.

Eileen8 November 27, 2013

Emeritus at Hazel Creek is very clean. The people are nice. But money wise, I'm not sure what would be my stand on it. When I first got here, the food is not very good. But now with the new cooks, the food is getting better. Also when I first got here, they have wonderful pastry chef. It was so good that I was eating too many pastries, but now I can forego with the pastry. I'm in a studio apartment. It's a one bedroom, living room, kitchen, and a huge bathroom. I also have a balcony and I'm pretty satisfied with it. They have some activities, but if you do one, you can't do the other. This is where I can find a fault now and we are suggesting different things and they are changing them so that is good. I like bingo. They have all kinds of games or card games although I haven’t participated in them yet. Once a month, we go out for dinner. Every Friday they take you to grocery shopping. They also transport the residents to their doctor's appointments.

Terry15 August 26, 2013

Emeritus at Hazel Creek was nice and it was right across the street. It was tucked away and quiet. The staff were very nice. We toured it with a nurse and she answered a lot of our questions. She was also talking to people as we were going through the facility and she was seeing how they were doing. We saw the room with a kitchen, one bedroom and a family room. It was spacious enough. They had projects and things they worked on in special rooms. They had people come to perform concerts. They had an activity calendar. I wasn't able to taste the food, but they had a head chef from California; the residents said the food tasted good.

Katherine6 June 26, 2013

I was very impressed when I toured Emeritus at Hazel Creek. It had open areas that I could walk. I looked at the activities that they have and their menu, they were both fine with me.

La Verna June 25, 2013

Emeritus was nice but their location was off the main street, back and down behind buildings, and there was only one way in or out. They seemed sort of tucked away in a corner, and it wasn't as open as the other places I've visited. The rooms were all similar with a kitchenette. They did have some light entertainment going on while I was there which was nice. The staff was great and the facilities looked fine. Everybody there seemed happy; they were out watching the light entertainment.

Amanda6 March 01, 2013

Emeritus at Hazel Creek is a very large facility, and their pricing is some of the best in the area. I've only met a few staff, but they're very caring. They know the residents by name, and it seems like they understand how hard it is for me. My mother has dementia. I got her a very large 2-bedroom they call a "friendship suite" so she wouldn't be alone. That's part of her fear. They do have lots of activities, like Thursday nights' happy hour and champagne brunch on Sundays. They have a very big, beautiful courtyard in the center, where they do barbecues during summer.

elderlyvisitor January 20, 2012

I visited this facility recently to visit some elders and just hang out with them. I have been secretly shopping around town as my grandmother is getting quite old. This is a fairly new facility so it is still in really good shape. The grounds are kept clean and the staff is friendly. The residents all seemed pretty happy. There was a wide range of activities for the residents to do, as well as some good recreation areas. I was able to go out and walk with a few of them, as it was quite a nice day. The nurses were kind, and the place smelled of home instead like a hospital. The older folks were happy to see me, and I was happy to see them. Overall, it gave me the same feeling as the other facilities in the area. I really wish I could have stayed longer. I'm trying to see if I can be set up as an ecclesiastical minister for that home.

amt347 September 30, 2011

I visited my grandmother here the other week. While the staff was kind enough and I knew that my grandmother was being taken care of, I had a difficult time believing that they really enjoyed what they did for a living and it wears off on the patients. I'm glad that my grandmother is there but I wish they shared her same upbeat feelings. Also, it is clean and quiet and not too many bad things seem to happen to the people living there.

holliem September 10, 2011

Recently I visited a relative of mine in Orangevale, CA. She is a resident at Emeritus at Hazel Creek Assisted Living and I must say I was impressed. The first thing I noticed when I arrived at the complex was a large group of residents walking around the nicely landscaped courtyard. When I asked what was going on I was told that there are weekly exercise and walking classes. I spoke with the Activities Director for a few moments and she is one of the nicest and friendliest people. While sitting with my relatives in the courtyard I noticed another resident using a putting green. It seemed as if there was plenty to do for the residents. Another great thing about Emeritus at Hazel Creek is that it is setup more like an apartment complex. Each resident has a private room, full bathroom and kitchen, and can control their own air temperature. It was very cozy and felt like any other home. Even though I was only at Emeritus at Hazel Creek for an hour I could tell that it was a great place to live. My relative absolutely loves it there.

From Brookdale Orangevale

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Orangevale