Morningside of Orangeburg

2306 Riverbank Drive, Orangeburg, SC, 29118

Reviews of Morningside of Orangeburg

cassie01 July 04, 2012

Had a love one there for several years. Would have to visit several times a week to make sure they were ok. They would not encourage there residents to come out of there rooms for activities or to eat . My love one would not go out all day to eat and we were never notified when I finally figured this out we had to move them. The Director there never would follow up a complaint and get back with you was not friendly at all .She had this position in title only in my opinion..

branchvilleandy December 13, 2011

Morningside in Orangeburg, SC is an assisted living facility that is somewhat above par for what would be expected in this area. Orangeburg is a rural farming community with strained access to healthcare in the first place, and when I went to visit my boss' wife there (whom I am also friendly with) I was partially impressed. The location is excellent, maybe five minutes from the regional hospital, and very convenient for friends and family members to get to. Everything there was new and all of the residents seemed upbeat as I walked through. One thing I did notice was a slight lack of staff attention, like they were too busy to look me in the eye as I walked by. As compared to other area nursing homes I would give Morningside four out of five stars, but if you have no ties to the area I would recommend somewhere that is more equipped to do a sterling job. Good luck!

From Morningside of Orangeburg

Morningside of Orangeburg offers compassionate senior care in Orangeburg, SC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Morningside of Orangeburg shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Orangeburg, SC.

Features of Morningside of Orangeburg

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Morningside of Orangeburg