Hampshire House

1846 County Highway 48, Oneonta, NY, 13820

Reviews of Hampshire House

July 24, 2013

By nclark

My mother was a resident for ~2 and a half years and I was very comfortable with her being there. The staff was kind and caring. My mother had to transition to a nursing home setting and I was extremely disappointed that we had to leave the Hampshire House. I have only good things to say about my mothers stay.

January 31, 2013

By KristinaF

I was very satisfied with everything in Hampshire House. I can't think of anything that we're unhappy with. Everything is well-kept and the staff is very friendly. The food being served is fine, but my mother said that some of the portions are small. Her room is nice, but could be a little bit bigger. She would like to have a desk or a place to sit and write or do things. I think she's adjusting slowly but surely in getting to know the people. My mother is pretty happy there.

August 21, 2012

By Erin Ayres

The staff of the Hampshire House were very friendly and patient. Although a worker was hard to find at first. The security of the facility is not the best; I basically just walked in and no one was there to greet me or have me sign in. I had to ask a resident where a worker was and she had me sign in. The nurses and certified nurses assistants knew there skills very well and had a lot of patience with the residents even though they would ask them the same questions repeatedly. The home was very clean and well-maintained. The rooms of the residents are larger than I have seen before and give the residents a sense of belonging. The residents seemed very happy and well taken care of. They were not neglected and were attended to with every call and complaint. There were also activities that the residents could go to and attend to have a more social aspect other than the visitors they have come to see them.

April 14, 2012

By roggej68

My grandmother transitioned from independent living to SNF at the Hampshire House. She had dementia and was in the difficult phase between fully aware of her surroundings and unaware. The facility was clean, well staffed and organized. It seems a patient with dementia is never satisfied with his/her current situation, but I think the being at the Hampshire house my grandmother was able to feel safe and taken care of, while still being independent. There were activities for her to take part in and several areas for her to socialize (or just to get out of her room.) The rooms were all private rooms and good sized and very clean! I highly recommend!

July 31, 2011

By clarkv

My grandmother transitioned from independent living to SNF at the Hampshire House. She had dementia and was in the difficult phase between fully aware of her surroundings and unaware. The facilty was clean, well staffed and organized. It seems a patient with dementia is never satisfied with his/her current situation, but I think the being at the Hampshire house my grandmother was able to feel safe and taken care of, while still being indpendent. There were activities for her to take part in and several areas for her to socalize (or just to get out of her room.) The rooms were all private rooms and good sized and very clean! I highly recommend!

Photos of Hampshire House

Features of Hampshire House

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3500/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: 570-F-048

About Hampshire House

Our striking location is just one of the many advantages of our home. Our comfortable atmosphere is coupled with excellent care provided by dedicated, compassionate caregivers. Our comprehensive services and amenities for seniors have been designed to promote independence and enhance our residents’ quality of life.

At Hampshire House, a assisted living and memory care facility, we pride ourselves in offering services that help our residents remain as independent as possible while providing compassionate care in a respectful and dignified setting. Our professional staff completes a thorough assessment of all residents prior to admission and on an ongoing basis to ensure that the plan of care for each resident is as individual as the resident themselves. Our community has been designed with all resident apartments and most common spaces on a single level, allowing our residents to readily experience all of our exciting and unique amenities.

Hampshire House is licensed by the New York Department of Health and our services are tailored to the individual needs and requirements of our seniors, including a flexible adult day care, and respite stays for up to six weeks that can serve as a trial period to see if Hampshire House is a good fit for your loved one.

In addition to assisted living, Hampshire House has a 24 bed memory care wing with specially trained staff for dementia and Alzheimer’s residents with Wanderguard protection to keep your loved ones safe and secure.

Although apartments are furnished, residents are encouraged to bring cherished belongings and furnishings to make their new apartment feel even more home-like. Families love that residents pay for only the services they need.

Map of Hampshire House