Via Christe

3636 California Street, Omaha, NE, 68131

Reviews of Via Christe

December 17, 2015

By Ric2

I really did not like the layout of Via Christe because it was three stories, and you had to use an elevator to go to the floors. It smelled more like what I expected a nursing home to smell like. However, the staff was helpful. They answered all of my questions and seemed to be concerned about the people there. I felt that it could have smelled better in there. They could be more careful in cleaning. I knew it was hard, and they had problems. They had the same activities as other place, like crafts, church visits, and bible studies.

Our building is an older building that was formerly a college building used by Duchesne. Residents appreciate the elevator and are able to get around with little or no difficulty. Our housekeeping staff works tirelessly to manage cleanliness issues, including any lingering odors. We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to come by and visit again anytime. We are proud of the level of care we provide for our residents and we are always making changes to raise the bar and make improvements. We are taking action to resolve the issues you raise. Via Christe is a unique facility that serves both the physical and spiritual needs of our residents. The residents and their families appreciate the availability of both care and daily Catholic Mass with pastoral support.

July 13, 2015

We looked at Via Christe. It was very nicely appointed. The staff was very considerate and compassionate with our questions. It was reasonably priced for the amenities. It was a good fit for us for the location and faith because they had daily services. They were pleasant and well versed with dementia needs.

We appreciate your kind review. Via Christe offers daily Catholic Mass in our beautifully appointed Christ the Good Shepard Chapel to foster the spiritual needs of our residents as well as the physical. In addition, our Director of Health Care is Dementia Certified to ensure all our residents receive the care they need.

May 31, 2014

By Mike8274

We like Via Christe because it is a small community. It has a 74 bed-capacity, but their target occupancy is 63-65 people. It has competitive rates, and they’re offering daily mass, which is a big factor when you’re Catholic. The rooms are fairly spacious and have large windows in them that overlook a high school campus. The rooms have a shower and bathroom. It allows you to be self-sufficient, and it has a little kitchenette with a microwave, a little refrigerator, and place to prepare food. The housekeeping is excellent, and the standard of maintenance of the common areas and the rooms is excellent. The staff is extremely responsive, and it’s clear the needs of the residents are number one. When a resident comes down and has a need, the staff, regardless of position, whether it’s the director or a housekeeping guy, will stop what they’re doing and immediately tend to the resident’s need.

October 14, 2013

By dizzydroopy

I love this place. They took care of my dad from January till April. He had a long and wonderful life, we had more time to spend with him before he passed. Thanks ViaChristie for giving my family more time with dad.

April 15, 2013

By Sue Moore

A wonderful place to live. My father was a resident and he was given great care and compassion by the angels that work there. We were so blessed to have found this special place for him. We are forever greatful for the caring and compassion that he received until his death.

November 17, 2012

By sammy12

Physically, a nice place as far as public areas decorated nicely. Nice, daily Mass. However, large amount of turnover in the staff, too frequent smoking breaks for the staff, numerous times when medication was not administered timely, if at all. Camodes not cleaned for hours, sometimes days. Depends on what floor your relative is on, what nursing staff is on duty. We moved our mother out, too many instances of forgetfulness to give her meds, remind her to eat, etc, she was ignored too many times.

August 26, 2012

By henryhthomason

The Via Christe Assisted Living Community is hands down the most impressive community I've ever seen. It has a religious background, rich in Christian values. My grandfather immediately fell in love with the services, staff, and residents. Every Sunday and Wednesday the facility offers worship services. If for some reason a resident decides they want a one-on-one meeting, they can choose the time and place. It's really lovely how they give the control back to the residents. Aside from the worship, the community offers games, movie events, field trips to parks and museums, and daily aerobics. The transition is made easy for the residents, as each staff member is skilled and caring. The residents are given nutritious meals. The nurses make sure each resident has vitamins and enough protein to remain healthy. My grandfather made friends so quickly thanks to the events they host monthly, too! He and a few others formed a weekly bible study and the staff make sure they are comfortable and given everything they need to sustain on their own. It is such a wonderful place! The facility is decorated beautifully, it could be a room from any one of our grandparents' homes. As long as my grandfather is happy, I am happy. And he is quite the happy camper!

Photos of Via Christe

Features of Via Christe

• Minimum Memory Cost: $5475/month

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Licenses: ALF304

About Via Christe

Welcome to Via Christe Assisted Living and Memory Care

Via Christe Assisted Living Community opened in October of 2005 after a group of Omaha investors wanted to provide housing services for seniors in one of the city’s most historic neighborhoods. The building acquired was the former “Foxley Building” which was built in 1962 as part of Duchesne College. This 41,150 sq. ft. four level building was completely renovated into “assisted living” apartments and “memory care” apartments.

Via Christe which is Latin for “Way of Christ” now proudly serves Omaha seniors. Offering elevated care levels in a comprehensive support environment that includes daily Catholic Mass in the stunning “Christ the Good Shepherd” Chapel.

Assisted Living

At Via Christe, we strive to offer as much assistance as necessary, while allowing as much independence as possible. The following services are available to all residents. We provide graduating levels of care as more assistance is required.

• Bathing and grooming
  • Medication management
  • Weekly/daily vital sign monitoring
  • Diabetic Care
  • Housekeeping & laundry more than once per week
  • Transportation more than once per week
  • Behavior monitoring
  • Encouraged socialization

Alzheimer’s/Memory Care

Via Christe offers two separate secure floors, with around-the-clock care, dedicated to serving the needs of people with Alzheimer’s and dementia. We offer private and semi-private apartments for dementia residents and private apartments for residents needing Early Onset Memory Support. We provide consistent and appropriate activities developed exclusively for these residents as well as assistance to families whose loved ones are suffering from Alzheimer’s disease through a support group and meaningful programs.

• Three delicious meals a day and snacks offered in a family-style atmosphere
  • Trained staff to assist with the development of personalized care
  • Activities developed specifically for residents with Alzheimer’s and Early Onset dementia
  • Housekeeping and laundry service
  • Bright and sunny apartments
  • Beautifully landscaped outside patio
  • All utilities
  • Basic cable service

We welcome the opportunity to introduce you to our family and take you on a tour so you can see why Via Christe is an “exceptional place to live”!

Locally owned and operated, Via Christe offers a unique family-style atmosphere that is designed to change along with our residents’ needs, embracing Christian values, healthcare, safety and nutrition. Via Christe offers two separate Memory Care floors dedicated to providing a safe and secured environment for those suffering from Alzheimer’s and other related dementias. Our specialized staff will assist families and physicians in developing a personalized care plan based on the needs of our resident.

Map of Via Christe