Select Specialty Hospital - Omaha, Inc.

1870 South 75th Street, Omaha, NE, 68124

Reviews of Select Specialty Hospital - Omaha, Inc.

margyfisher April 23, 2015

My mom was there for a couple of weeks. It took for ever to get a nurse when she pushed the call button. There is no kitchen there, so, the patients get their food last after the hospital (Bergan Mercy ) gets' theirs. So you never know when you would get it. When it came to changing her wound packing, A wound doc was always rough on her and put her in tears. Would always wipe the area really hard that caused her to bleed. She also shot a chemical( that I think was peroxide), that burned her and made her cry every time. She acted like she didn't care how bad she was hurting. Another nurse ( that was not a wound doc,) had to changed it and said, " how bout we put some lidocane in it before we clean it out?) That was great!! Mom felt no pain!! When the wound doc came in to change it, she Did Not listen to me and put the stinging liquid in my mom after what I told her we were doing different from now on. She did not say she was sorry and was always pressing hard on my mom's wound area putting pressure on area after she would change her colostomy bag. I was so mad. They need to have people that care and are gentle with their patients.I am so glad she is out of there and would not recommend this place to any one.

xyz1239 January 29, 2014

I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the facility. The respiratory therapists became like family. I was so pleased they were able to wean my wife from the vent. They created a miracle! Thanks so much!

John R January 09, 2014

My wife was transferred to Select Hospital to mend after a perforated bowel operation which never healed. She went downhill the entire time she was at Select, the infectious disease Doctors did not accomplish anything that improved her situation. The hospital's Doctors took her off the heart medication she was on because they said the levels were too high but forgot to put her back on it. I asked about her heart medication and the nurse checked into it and said the Doctor forgot to start it again. She then had a heart attack and never regained consciousness. In my opinion she would still be alive if we would have taken her to a different swing bed Hospital. I am heartbroken with the care she received while there. I told the hospital's Doctor that they had a lot of incompetent Doctors there and a lot of Nurses that didn't seem to care. Before picking a swing bed hospital, check it out yourself,...and do not take a surgeon's suggestion as where to go. We did and now she's gone forever and I'm a widow.

PTA042 June 12, 2013

My mother was transferred to this hospital from Immanuel after a fall. She was able to stand up using a walker when she left the first hospital. After being at Select Specialty, they put her on some medicine that made her very tired and not able to open her eyes or eat. They asked me if was always like this. I told them no she was doing physically therapy prior to going into the hospital. This hospital had her using a bed pan instead of nursing getting her up. Every time we push the nurse call button she waited 10 minutes before someone came, we waited another 10 minutes because they said it took 2 of them to get her up, and then only to a bed pan. She became hypotension and got dizzy just from sitting at the edge of the bed. Whenever I asked for a list of her meds I was told "it will be placed in her folder for you in the morning" it was never there. I told them not do therapy early in the morning; she usually does better in the afternoon. They never listen, I was there at 930am and they were doing therapy. My mom would refuse medicines and I would ask which ones and the nurses took forever to go through the list, and couldn't tell me why she was on certain meds, sometimes they would tell me you have to ask the day shift. Every time I asked about her meds, the meds were different. They never told me about changes to her meds and I am her POA. I also told healthcare happen from 8am to 5pm. Another time when I asked for a list of meds that my mom was refusing I was yelled at by the pharmacist for simply asking for a list while I was crying at my mother's bedside. You'll find no compassion here. Don't let a loved one go to this place.

Nurse08 August 01, 2011

My father stayed at Select post a brain surgery. He was fully self reliant and only has to be there for IV medication and speech therapy. During his stay they not only gave his IV at the wrong times, they sometimes even push a drug that should of been given over a hour into 30 minutes. There was always a family member there everyday. Some days my father and family member sat in the room for of 5 hours without anyone coming in to see or talk to him. Nurses are over worked and so busy with bedridden patients, that they forget about anyone who can care for themselves. When we reported problems we had, we were first told that everyone gets busy. I then went to higher officials, then my father was more ignored. Nurses were so rushed that they didn't even take the time to talk to him, to know that he was fully aware or what was going on, and they thought that because he could find the right words because of his medical condition, that he was confused. I would never send family back there.

About Select Specialty Hospital - Omaha, Inc.

Select Specialty Hospital - Omaha, Inc. is an assisted living facility in Omaha, NE that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Select Specialty Hospital - Omaha, Inc. for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Select Specialty Hospital - Omaha, Inc.