Crown Pointe

2820 South 80th, Omaha, NE, 68124

Reviews of Crown Pointe

Caring110418550 August 05, 2015

We went over to Crown Pointe, we really liked it, and we thought our mother would love the place because it is nice, it is open, and she is in a room where she has a beautiful view. I said, "Well, I think she is going to feel at home here," and she really has. My sister was over there the other day, and she seems very happy with everything. She said the people are very friendly. As far as the facilities are concerned, it seems clean, just judging by what it looks like and everything. I haven't had the chance to eat dinner with her yet, but I'm sure that will come shortly. We kind of looked around, and most of them were very nice, but this seems a little homier. It is an older building. It is not brand new, but it is very nicely decorated.

Caring99899350 February 10, 2015

My mother is at Crown Pointe and has just moved to a higher level of care there. I love the staff and the nurse when she lived in the independent side. There was a nurse that I really liked, and that nurse is now a full-time employee on the assisted side. I've been really happy with the fact that since she has moved to assisted living, they've been really good about getting her out of the room, getting her to eat in the dining room and socialize with other people, and she even watched a dance performance one day. I'm very happy with the care that she's getting there. It's very warm and homey, but it is clean and comfortable as well.

Caring101951650 February 09, 2015

I choose Crown Pointe because it is the best. I think the staff is really good. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The food is good, and the dining room is fine. My mom says there are activities if you are able to do them. They have bingo and exercise classes. They have a five-day routine, but my mother is not able to participate on all those things right now.

annemcloskey July 30, 2012

The Crown Pointe facility is aesthetically quite pleasing. It's colorful without being loud; full of life and activities, but relaxing. When my grandfather was admitted to the home I felt nervous and scared to have him off on "his own" so-to-speak. The staff took excellent care of him, he was a very particular man and they made sure he was happy. Now, the bad thing about that is that they would charge for extra assistance. They never mentioned it during the initial interview and inspection. We were being charged for the extra blankets he requested, how he wanted his food cut and prepared, and even when he wanted assistance using the bathroom! They made sure it was all taken care of, but it was all because they knew they would get compensated for it. If they just revised this billing and charging problem, it would be a wonderful place. As others have mentioned, they have all kinds of activities like movie nights and board games outside during warmer weather. It's a shame that they are greedy.

Bunnielover23 May 03, 2012

I visited my dad several times there, and it was amazing at the type of care they gave him. They made sure that if we took him out to the park or to see a movie, that we were aware of what exactly needed to be done. They showed us how to use the gate belts so that if he fell we could get him back up (and he was about 300 lbs at that time); they also pushed him to try harder when he was starting to give up, using the attitude that you learn to do things again or you will lose the ability to do it in the future. They also were really good about checking his blood sugar and helping him remember to take his long list of medications. He found out that he had diverticulitis while he was in there, and they made sure travel arrangements were made before he left. The only bad thing, the lady in charge was not there all the time, so if we had concerns about how things were going, we would have to find a convenient time for her to talk. The staff didn't always answer the phone when we called, but we had to assume they were just busy with the other people.

NieceJ May 25, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

The good thing about this facility is that the care staff are very kind and attentive. The problems with the facility include their point system billing -- they assign points without consultation or notice and bill accordingly. My aunt's bill went from the basic to additional $750 in just 3 months -- billing for things like cutting meat and helping with condiments. Also the activity calendar seems to be geared toward the independent living population of Crown Poine rather than assisted living -- movies and popcorn after dinner doesn't seem like an activity -- they can do that in their room.

From Crown Pointe

Discover the good life at Crown Pointe, where the most sought after Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care services in Omaha, Nebraska, can be found in abundance. Our warm and inviting community is filled with potential friends and comforts to help residents enjoy every moment of their day. From the moment you wake up, you’ll be treated to comfortable environments that improve everyday quality of life. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living. You can be assured that Crown Pointe provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment. After you have explored our community, even more adventure awaits in the surrounding area, which can be enjoyed via our scheduled outings. From shopping excursions to luncheons, our program of events always has something fun for residents to experience. With the best of Omaha just moments away, residents can quickly reach topnotch restaurants and entertainment destinations.

Features of Crown Pointe