The Sequoia Assisted Living Community

825 Lilly Road NE, Olympia, WA, 98506

Promotion ends in 20 days!

Move in by October 15, 2017 and receive $500* off your base rent for your first 3 months! *Some restrictions apply. Move-in (financial responsibility) must occur by 10/15/17 to qualify. Private Pay only. Does not apply to shared apartments.

Reviews of The Sequoia Assisted Living Community

March 31, 2017

By Leanne847661

My mom was at the Sequoia. She applied and moved in for one day, but she was not physically and emotionally ready to move in. It was clean; however, the food was less than adequate. The staff, although nice, was adequate at best, and the residents did not have a very positive outlook. That played into my mom deciding not to be there. They collected a deposit and first month’s rent plus five extra days, and I was not refunded at all. The layout was functional.
Dear Leanne847661, We are sorry to hear that your mom's visit was so short. Working with family members and residents so all have a positive experience is a priority. Open communication is one of our Core Values and we sincerely hope that you will reach out to the Executive Director or Regional Supervisor with any remaining questions you may have. Thank you again.

March 30, 2017

By Ed360285

The Sequoia and its rooms were good. They had a theater room and a nice dining room. The people were excellent. It was an older facility, but it was clean and orderly.

February 03, 2017

By Phyllis360360

I am a family friend of a current resident at The Sequoia. I have always enjoyed this community every time I have visited my friend. It had a great "family" appeal to it. The staff has always been genuine and caring with a fun vibe throughout the building. The food was usually "ok" and was a great environment. Recently I have come in to visit, haven't been here in about 8 months or so and wow what a disappointment! I did not recognize any staff, their is still not an Executive Director and the Nursing Director Melanie whom I loved and trusted so much was no longer working there. It was like a ghost town with a really bad vibe and frankly sad. I wondered if they had sold to another company, but was informed they had not. I wonder if corporate ever visits and and can see the downfall? My friend is considering moving out as some of her other neighbors have. Sad that a once charming vibrant community has gone down the hill. One good note is Eva a caregiver and Stephanie in marketing still work there.

October 06, 2016

By Melissa345633

The Sequoia Assisted Living Community looked impressive from the outside, and the location near doctors was very convenient. When we visited, it was very dark. The best thing about it was the lady who greeted us and took us on the tour because she was a very nice and genuine person. The facility seemed old, dark, and not very lively. They offered a very limited menu compared to the other two places I visited. Residents ate what was on the menu, or plan B was a ham sandwich or something like that. The rooms seemed to be very small, not very private, had very little storage, and seemed like a hotel room. They had rides to the country about once a week. They would pick them if they wanted to run errands to Walgreens or Target and gardens.
Dear Melissa345633, Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your tour and our team member was informative and genuine. We often hear that The Sequoia has a great atmosphere, however, it sounds like we fell short on the day you visited. Our goal is to offer Residents and Guests a delicious menu that meets their needs and requests, as well as offers a variety of choices. We also have several floor plans and apartment sizes to choose from. We hope you come back to tour again and welcome the opportunity to serve you. Thank you again for the feedback – we appreciate it.

February 27, 2016

By Reviewer124684450

Very pleased with the care. Food is wonderful.

January 29, 2016

By Sharon119081450

I move my mother to The Sequoia. I like that they are very caring. Their staff has been with them a long time; which always indicates a good working relation. I also like their reputation. I always hear good things about them. I tried the food. It is decent, but my mother hates it.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments, and are pleased to hear you are happy with our staff and Community. We encourage your mom to attend our monthly food meetings where our residents share their input on the dining experiences, and even share homemade recipes for our menu. You are also always welcome to talk with our Executive Director. Thank you again as your feedback is not taken lightly. Our goal is to meet the level of expectation our Residents have for our dining services.

July 29, 2015

By Joyce111018250

The personnel that I have been in contact with have all been wonderful. The ladies have been very helpful and answered all my questions as soon as possible. The Sequoia was very clean and very well kept. The staff that maintains my mother’s care is very caring and really on top of what’s going on. They are very polite with my mother, and she is really enjoying the experience there, which was one of my biggest concerns, because she has not been in any institution but she has been to rehabilitation but always going home, and this time I think they had made her realized that she does have limitations, and they are very helpful, but at the same time, they don’t bring it up into an embarrassing situation. My mother has been very friendly with the other people who are there really fast, a BFF kind of thing happening, and I noticed that one of the good things that the ladies that are there have a tendency to get the ladies under their wing -- almost like sisters. The location is wonderful, and she got a room that is very comfortable for her and very well positioned, so we are very lucky. The dining area is like going to a restaurant, it’s three times a day she goes, and she peeks at the menu as if she is doing out in a restaurant and have choices. If she wantsm they give her a dessert and know she is on a sugar free diet. In a quiet way, they check on her without making a big thing about it. It’s a very nice place, and we are very pleased with the rooms. It’s one of the studios, but size wise, it’s a really generous room. They have transportation that takes them to places.

July 04, 2015

I met with the director of The Sequoia, and she said they have a zero deficiency report, but when I looked it up online, they had a fine for the last two years. It was really close to my home though. There’s a nice courtyard in the middle so they could go sit out in the trees. It’s like a Spanish courtyard inside the facility. The facility looked clean. The room was nice enough. It was a studio with an alcove, and it was like a model room. They had nice furnishings in it. I ate lunch there, and the food was fine. The dining area was large.

May 05, 2015

By readysetgo12

Nursing staff are awesome! Missy and Melanie are top notch. This place has fun activities my mother enjoys participating in and the atmosphere is very friendly and warm. It is a smaller building, so it has a family feel to it. I will recommend this place to my family and friends.

April 19, 2015

We saw a couple of units. Overall, we liked The Sequoia, but it was too small.

November 26, 2013

By lctrainer11

I find it extremely compelling to say that Lori of The Sequoia Assisted Living Community is an excellent asset to the organization. She finds it second nature to do what has to be done to accommodate both resident and family in any situation. Her foresight and control is astounding! Lori made my Mother-In-Law's transition to The Sequoia smooth instilling joy and happiness to a 90 year old arthritic lady. Lori insured that Mom felt welcome, introducing her to the other residents, fostering the socialization that Mom really needed. I can't say enough about Lori as she has made so many lives much better. She certainly knows and practices customer service, missing in so many places these days. She is an Angel! Louis

August 15, 2013

It's a nice clean place. It's a little bit smaller. It wouldn't work out so well for my mom. I didn't realize how much dementia she has. I wouldn't see her as often. I don't think the food was good. They have meal times and didn't have the open dining. People there are nice.

June 12, 2013

Both of my parents have been in Sequioa Assisted Living for two months going three. We liked the facility very much. It's clean, modern and it had a Medicaid spend down guarantee. We liked the staff, the set up and all of it. It just all ended up a good thing for my parents. Service has been excellent. The food is good. They have a selection to choose from, different for each meal.

Photos of The Sequoia Assisted Living Community

Services & Amenities of The Sequoia Assisted Living Community

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Minimum Age: 55+

About The Sequoia Assisted Living Community

Quality, compassionate assisted living and respite care services for seniors in Olympia, WA. Centrally located in Olympia, WA, our convenient location and homey design welcomes families and their loved ones into our Community. Whether you are interested in staying active with our busy activity schedule or the personalized services available in our enhanced care program, you will find our inviting common areas and commitment to service makes The Sequoia an excellent choice for Assisted Living. Our goal is to embrace individual needs and abilities through supportive services, a nurturing staff and exceptional care. We understand the importance of each individual's unique needs, and our Residents care needs are met with dignity and respect.

Longevity in staff, Staff truly care

Map of The Sequoia Assisted Living Community