The Sequoia Assisted Living Community

825 Lilly Road NE, Olympia, WA, 98506

Reviews of The Sequoia Assisted Living Community

Sharon119081450 January 29, 2016

I move my mother to The Sequoia. I like that they are very caring. Their staff has been with them a long time; which always indicates a good working relation. I also like their reputation. I always hear good things about them. I tried the food. It is decent, but my mother hates it.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments, and are pleased to hear you are happy with our staff and Community. We encourage your mom to attend our monthly food meetings where our residents share their input on the dining experiences, and even share homemade recipes for our menu. You are also always welcome to talk with our Executive Director. Thank you again as your feedback is not taken lightly. Our goal is to meet the level of expectation our Residents have for our dining services.

Joyce111018250 July 29, 2015

The personnel that I have been in contact with have all been wonderful. The ladies have been very helpful and answered all my questions as soon as possible. The Sequoia was very clean and very well kept. The staff that maintains my mother’s care is very caring and really on top of what’s going on. They are very polite with my mother, and she is really enjoying the experience there, which was one of my biggest concerns, because she has not been in any institution but she has been to rehabilitation but always going home, and this time I think they had made her realized that she does have limitations, and they are very helpful, but at the same time, they don’t bring it up into an embarrassing situation.

My mother has been very friendly with the other people who are there really fast, a BFF kind of thing happening, and I noticed that one of the good things that the ladies that are there have a tendency to get the ladies under their wing -- almost like sisters. The location is wonderful, and she got a room that is very comfortable for her and very well positioned, so we are very lucky. The dining area is like going to a restaurant, it’s three times a day she goes, and she peeks at the menu as if she is doing out in a restaurant and have choices. If she wantsm they give her a dessert and know she is on a sugar free diet. In a quiet way, they check on her without making a big thing about it. It’s a very nice place, and we are very pleased with the rooms. It’s one of the studios, but size wise, it’s a really generous room. They have transportation that takes them to places.

Caring110635050 July 04, 2015

I met with the director of The Sequoia, and she said they have a zero deficiency report, but when I looked it up online, they had a fine for the last two years. It was really close to my home though. There’s a nice courtyard in the middle so they could go sit out in the trees. It’s like a Spanish courtyard inside the facility. The facility looked clean. The room was nice enough. It was a studio with an alcove, and it was like a model room. They had nice furnishings in it. I ate lunch there, and the food was fine. The dining area was large.

readysetgo12 May 05, 2015

Nursing staff are awesome! Missy and Melanie are top notch. This place has fun activities my mother enjoys participating in and the atmosphere is very friendly and warm. It is a smaller building, so it has a family feel to it. I will recommend this place to my family and friends.

Caring105361750 April 19, 2015

We saw a couple of units. Overall, we liked The Sequoia, but it was too small.

lctrainer11 November 26, 2013

I find it extremely compelling to say that Lori of The Sequoia Assisted Living Community is an excellent asset to the organization. She finds it second nature to do what has to be done to accommodate both resident and family in any situation. Her foresight and control is astounding! Lori made my Mother-In-Law's transition to The Sequoia smooth instilling joy and happiness to a 90 year old arthritic lady. Lori insured that Mom felt welcome, introducing her to the other residents, fostering the socialization that Mom really needed. I can't say enough about Lori as she has made so many lives much better. She certainly knows and practices customer service, missing in so many places these days. She is an Angel! Louis

Caring65777750 August 15, 2013

It's a nice clean place. It's a little bit smaller. It wouldn't work out so well for my mom. I didn't realize how much dementia she has. I wouldn't see her as often. I don't think the food was good. They have meal times and didn't have the open dining. People there are nice.

Caring6987 June 12, 2013

Both of my parents have been in Sequioa Assisted Living for two months going three. We liked the facility very much. It's clean, modern and it had a Medicaid spend down guarantee. We liked the staff, the set up and all of it. It just all ended up a good thing for my parents. Service has been excellent. The food is good. They have a selection to choose from, different for each meal.

From The Sequoia Assisted Living Community

Quality, compassionate assisted living and respite care services for seniors in Olympia, WA. Centrally located in Olympia, WA, our convenient location and homey design welcomes families and their loved ones into our Community. Whether you are interested in staying active with our busy activity schedule or the personalized services available in our enhanced care program, you will find our inviting common areas and commitment to service makes The Sequoia an excellent choice for Assisted Living. Our goal is to embrace individual needs and abilities through supportive services, a nurturing staff and exceptional care. We understand the importance of each individual's unique needs, and our Residents care needs are met with dignity and respect.

Longevity in staff, Staff truly care

Features of The Sequoia Assisted Living Community