Sunrise of Old Tappan

195 Old Tappan Road, Old Tappan, NJ, 07675

Reviews of Sunrise of Old Tappan

katniss79 May 19, 2012

The staff was excellent. The food was excellent. The rooms were exquisite. It was a wonderful place, I was actually very happy with the experience I had there. And the best part of it all was that it was so nearby to where I live that it would have been perfect for my grandmother because I would have been able to visit her a lot. The only reason we did not choose for her to live here was because we decided to have her stay at home with us instead. But overall the service, the amenities, the location, the staff, the food and everything about this retirement community was lovely. I would definitely feel comfortable having a relative or a friend staying there, and I would want to stay in such a wonderful place myself when I am old enough to require assistance. Overall I would definitely give the place a five star rating.

Kim3 January 28, 2012

I volunteered at the Sunrise Assisted Living facility in my town. This was to incur volunteer hours for my resume. Upon arriving at Sunrise Assisted Living, I met the manager, Elizabeth. She was wonderful and a delight. She had me working the games with the elderly. I would volunteer about 2 times a week. The elderly in the Sunrise Assisted Living Home were all wonderful. The Staff was very well organized and kind. Families seemed to enjoy their visits to the elderly.

purplelilac September 30, 2011

I visited the sunrise facility of Old Tappan when I worked at a daycare center. I was with a group of staff that was bringing the preschoolers to the facility. The place looked magnificent from the outside. It was scenic and very large. The landscaping was also immaculate. The building was white and had plenty of room for the residents who lived there. I was greeted by a friendly director who showed us around and introduced us to some of the senior citizens. The living facility was warm and inviting. It was also very spacious and comfortable. The seniors who we interacted with were pleasant. They seemed very happy to be at the facility and got a lot of recreation and physical activity so that they stayed busy and avoided becoming bored. There was also a local park across from the facility so that the residents could get outside and enjoy the fresh air when the weather was nice. The temperature of the facility was perfect. It was neither too hot or too cold. In addition to my daycare center visiting, there are also a number of local schools that visit. This provides stimulation for the residents of the facility and allows them to interact with children. I feel that it is a great place for a senior to stay and the trained staff can help the residents right away when they need it.

victor1 September 10, 2011

The Sunrise Senior Living facility is a pretty enjoyable place to live for the elderly and retired. The staff is quite friendly, they do care very much, and enjoy to help thier tenants. In addition, they handle the elderly with humor, concern and dignity, even in difficult situations. You would really love them, the staff. The facilit is a large complex with two levels. On the first floor is a communal dining room, which is simple, neat and easy to get around for the elderly. Management on the other hand could be better, and in my opinion little below mediocre. The problem is that thier is little staff to care for the large amount of the elderly tenets. Some of the elderly would be yelling for assistance and would not be able to get the staffs attention, due to the fact of that there is not enough staff for this large complex.The medical care at this facility is good, the elderly do get thier medicine on proper time. Despite the management problem, its overall a good place for your dear retired family member to relax under great care. I Highly recommend it, and i can ensure you that you will not need to worry about anything bad happening at Sunrise Senior Living facility.

Fr3d3Hero June 12, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

I really liked the place from the outside. I was hoping it was as nice from the inside and it was. Very friendly staff to welcome you as you enter. The food in the place was great. I was visiting a relative but if I needed to choice a place it would be this place. The rooms were very clean and smelled great. I just hope this place doesnt change. I hope they keep up the good work. There was one thing I didnt like. I wish the rooms were a little bigger. If your living here you will want a good amount of space.

From Sunrise of Old Tappan

Sunrise Senior Living of Old Tappan is located in the beautiful residential section of north eastern Bergen County. Easily accessible from the Palisades Interstate Parkway and the New York State Thruway and only 20 minutes from the George Washington Bridge, this convenient location is a perfect choice for families residing in Bergen or Rockland Counties and New York City!

The community is located within walking distance from the local bank, supermarket, pharmacy and a popular steakhouse, making Sunrise of Old Tappan a great option for a short walk to run daily errands or enjoy a restaurant meal.

Directly adjacent to the community is a beautiful local park where residents can sit in the gazebo and delight in children playing, watching the local dogs out for their daily walk or enjoying the summer evening concerts sponsored by the Town of Old Tappan. The Old Tappan High School is a leader in volunteerism and the students can often be found coordinating the Men's Club activities, playing Wii with our residents or caroling at the holidays

Services & Amenities at Sunrise of Old Tappan

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Features of Sunrise of Old Tappan

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do offer companion suites.

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pets: Small pets allowed.

• Licenses: NJ Assisted Living License

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits