Timberwood

5020 Southeast 44th Street, Oklahoma City, OK, 73135

Contact Now

Reviews of Timberwood

LovelyLady9852147 September 12, 2014

We were very happy with the way our parents were treated at Timberwood Senior Living. It was very clean, the people were very informative, and they were all very friendly. The first room my father-in-law and mother-in-law were in was like a two-bedroom, and that one was very nice. The individual ones seemed kind of small, but I did like that they were private rooms -- they weren't sharing a room with anybody, and so we did like that. It was well-maintained, and anytime we had a problem with anything, they jumped right on it. They were really happy with the food, and we actually have eaten with them a few times.

Loveforparent September 02, 2014

Timberwood has been a great home for my father. He is happy and has become more independent since he has been living there. I come on a daily basis to check on him. And I have never seen anything negative. The facility is always clean and never smells like other retirement homes we have visited prior to coming here. The staff all very kind and truly concerned for the care and safety of the residents. My father suffers from dementia and requires a little more attention than the other residents. The staff have always made sure he receives the care and attention he needs. My family and I highly recommend Timberwood. And in the event I need a senior living place to stay for myself, I would not hesitate to stay there. Thanks to Timberwood, my family and I can rest assured that our father is safe and happy.

Caring86773450 June 27, 2014

My mother-in-law moved to Timberwood. We chose this because it's close to where we live. When we visited the facility, it was very nice and clean. The people were very pleasant, and she has been doing very well since she's been there. Their rooms are very clean, and pretty spacious too. I haven’t eaten there, but she said the food is delicious. They do some exercise, and she said they also do kickball. They also take the residents on trips often. She has only been there for a few months, but she has been doing very well and she likes the facility.

Caring83010550 April 11, 2014

I am just not real satisfied with Timberwood. My mother has been there since last year. It’s not the cleanest place, that’s for sure. They just have one woman that cleans the whole building. Mom shares a room with someone who’s real loud. One of their staff lied to me, and I don’t think they’ve done anything because the woman’s still there. She shouldn’t have a job. They’re not honest with me. My mother is not satisfied with the food; she’s not eating there. They don’t serve a lot of good meals as far as I’m concerned. They don’t have a registered nurse at night. If she wants to stay there she can stay there, but I certainly don’t like the place.

Susan80341450 March 30, 2014

The main reason why we chose Timberwood Senior Living is we were down to the wire and the hospital was discharging my mom. She was diagnosed with dementia with combative behavior. They came to the hospital at three different times and talked with my mom. They also came a couple of times just to observe her. At that point, they said, "Yes, we can take her. We don't feel that she is an issue. We have the staff and the means." That meant a lot to us because there were other folks who came from different establishments. They didn't even talk with us. They just read the notes from the doctor and said they wouldn't take her. So it bothered me that the others weren't looking at her as a person, but Timberwood did. They went out of their way to get to know her a little better. Her experience there is very warm and inviting. Her birthday was on the 24th of December; they made sure that she was recognized for her birthday. They got her some cake and some little balloons to make her feel special. That was awesome. They make sure she's up and moving and that she's taken care of. I can't be more pleased at this point. We're cautious, we don’t know anybody. We just want to make sure that it's all good. But so far, they seemed to be very attentive and they seem to care. But, they could provide more outings or dances in the facility for the seniors, some things they can actually look forward to and something that could get them to be excited.

John68347150 February 26, 2014

I liked the apartments. It was like a free standing house. Timberwood have independent living with duplexes at 1300 square feet to the car garage. It had appliances or you have to furnish it. It had a stove, washer dryer there and those were real nice. The rooms are of comfortable size. But, the assisted living was where you go over and eat, and I was just not happy about that at all. I wasn’t pleased with that. If you're looking for assisted living, I wouldn’t recommend it. It looked like a nursing home. But if you're looking for independent living and would do your own cooking, the living area was just fantastic. It had big pantries and large walk in closets. It had a patio and yard that was laid out real nice. It was just like a home.

Martha7 March 29, 2013

Timberwood is private pay and I don't have enough money or Medicaid but I liked the place and the people there. They've got clean and big rooms. The food was pretty good. It's really nice in there.

From Timberwood

Senior assisted living at Timberwood offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Timberwood, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Oklahoma City has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Timberwood, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

We are a fun family oriented community, we have great themed family night every month with great food and entertainment.

Features of Timberwood

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,500/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62