The Mansion at Waterford

6110 N. Pennsylvania Ave., Oklahoma City, OK, 73112

Reviews of The Mansion at Waterford

Caring78344050 August 07, 2014

The Mansion was very nice. They had an independent, assisted living and Alzheimer's unit. I was very impressed. The lady, I believed her name was Tammy, she was very impressive. When I went it and I didn't have an appointment, but she was extremely accommodating. She showed me everything. She showed me the rooms, the dining room, the assisted living and the Alzheimer's unit. We went over the fees and she gave me the information to take with. She asked me to come back and bring my husband but he was not available. When I came back, she asked me what my mother-in-law was interested in. Everyone was very nice. I was very impressed with the staff. They couldn't have been nicer.

I was very picky person, but I felt like it was very clean. The dining room was also clean. She let me actually met one of the resident she asked me into the apartment. The rooms were very adequate and well lit. Everything was updated and adequate. They had a library. My father-in-law liked to be outside and the grounds are beautiful. It had things that made me feel more like it was home as opposed to an institution. If I had to make a choice today, I would definitely go with The Mansion.

Crystal-1 March 08, 2009

My loved one stayed here

My mother has been staying at the Mansions since November 1, 2008. We are not pleased with the administration. They have made several mistakes tht have broken our trust and made my Mom's stay there less than enjoyable. Some examples are: wisking my Mom away to a Senior Diagnostic Center without calling me first after I explicitly told them I wanted to know what was going to happen before they did anything.They have mixed up her medicines. They have given her medicines that weren't perscribed as a substitute whent they 'couldn't find' the correct medicine.They counterdicted the primary care doctor and argued with him on his treatment that he finally dropped Mom as a patient. Plus to add to all this after we brought some of these concerns to the owner's attention when we felt like the manager was not paying attention to our concerns, the manager threatened to increase our rent if we continued to cause problems and complain. They made it clear that they did not appreciate us involving the owners. We will probably be moving my Mom to another facility. Its a shame because she was beginning to make friends and have more fun than she has had in years. All of the other staff love her and treat her well. But its just the manager and head nurses that are causing the problem. They have a big power kick. I would not recommend this facility to anyone unless these ladies are removed.

Paula Brooks February 22, 2009

My loved one stayed here

Do your homework before you choose a place for your loved one!!! If you don't meet the Administrator during the 1st or 2nd visit, look elsewhere as they set the tone of the place. Are they interested in your loved one's story, do they take time to say hello to those people passing by, do they know the residents by name? We loved The Mansion's Administrator's interaction with her residents and the caring ambiance her team provided. Look no further...

From The Mansion at Waterford

Our philosophy of care is based upon resident choice, dignity, privacy, individuality, and independence. Mansion at Waterford Assisted Living Oklahoma City offers services tailored to meet the individual needs of our residents. We take a personalized approach, expanding our services when needed, to meet the requirements of each resident right in their own apartment home. Assisted living at Mansion at Waterford is designed for senior adults who wish to maintain their independent lifestyle but may need some additional assistance to do so.

At Mansion at Waterford Memory and Dementia care in Oklahoma City our goal is to provide the highest quality-of-life for each of our residents. Mansion at Waterford is dedicated to our life engagement philosophy of social, psychological, spiritual and physical well-being of every individual.

This dedication is reflected in every effort our community makes in caring for residents who have been diagnosed with dementia or other memory related impairments. Our intent is to allow each resident to function independently at their level of ability, while providing care and assistance where needed.

Features of The Mansion at Waterford