The Fountains at Canterbury Assisted Living

1404 NW 122nd Street, Oklahoma City, OK, 73114

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of The Fountains at Canterbury | Assisted Living

August 11, 2014

The Fountains was very nice. They had so many areas there. I was looking at the assisted living and Alzheimer's unit at that particular day. The staff was very nice. They were very accommodating. The room was small, but adequate. The part I saw looked older, but the two lady residents I met were pleasant and content. It was well lit. The grounds were beautiful However, I would say this, it did had a urine smell when I walked in. I knew it was difficult to keep that from happening, but I didn't had that in the other places.

April 11, 2014

I toured The Fountains and the lady who showed me around explained to me that they have care around the clock, and they have a nurse on staff. They have all kinds of stuff: they have water aerobics, teaching demonstrations, yoga, and crochet. I talked to several of the residents and they loved it there. The rooms are twice as big as the one my mother has right now. I haven’t eaten there but you can order off a menu. I would like to take my mom there next time and tour some more.

March 31, 2014

The Fountains was a nice facility, and my mom liked it. Her room was very big, but more of the people just sat around out in the halls. It made it a little bit more depressing for me, but they treated my mother very nicely. They did a good job. I don't have any complaints about it. They kept going up on the rent. It's just, it got to where she couldn't afford it. Everything was clean. It's just, you could smell urine coming out of some people's rooms. I know older people have that problem sometimes, but that was really the only thing that I was ever concerned about. My mother can't smell, so it didn't bother her. I'm sure it's hard to keep up with that, also.

March 28, 2014

By Tiffany9

My dad is at The Fountains at Canterbury. We chose this one because they have a fantastic outdoor space so that my dad is able to have his dog there, and he is able to go outside and walk him. He has some autonomy, even though he is in memory care. The facility itself is small, and there are only a maximum number of 17 residents in there. There is one central living room and one central dining room. It is not a long hallway. It is built more like a house. It doesn't feel clinical, like other facilities do. It is really nice. My dad actually has lots of space in his room. They only had a companion suite available at that time, so he is actually a single person living in a companion suite, so it is fantastic. The staff has just been really wonderful. They are amazing. They're fantastic! My dad doesn't do any of their activities, but they have a personal trainer, which is actually one of the reasons why we chose this facility. Their personal trainer is skilled in geriatric and in trying to get patients to work out. Also they have a gym, a pool, and a church service that my dad goes to once a week. My dad seems to be happy with the food, too. I would absolutely recommend this place to others. It is actually quite affordable for memory care compared to any of the surrounding facilities.

July 25, 2013

By Sandy20

My mom is at the assisted living facility at The Fountains at Canterbury but she tried to run away so we put her on their memory care facility. There are 15 people in their memory care and they have the sweetest, kindest, caring people caring for these residents. I've never seen such nice people in my life. Their rooms are lovely and very nice. The food is excellent and they work with my mom's care. I would recommend the memory care lock down facility to anyone.

May 30, 2013

By Rebecca10

She liked everything at The Fountains at Canterbury from the staff down to the food. The staff seemed really caring and friendly. The rooms were spacious and they had a nice dining room too.

July 10, 2012

By kkenn777

Would not send my dog there!!! Stuck my mother in a room for 12 hours without medicine after a double bypass. She was going there for rehab. Went and got her out that night.. horrible!!!

At The Fountains at Canterbury, the safety, security, health and well-being of our residents is our top priority. Since I started as Executive Director, I have seen this community and The Springs, our skilled nursing and rehabilitation area, transform in many positive ways. If you would like to discuss your concerns I would be more than happy to speak with you. Please call me any time at 405-751-3600 ext 1018.

Scott Steinmetz, Executive Director, The Fountains at Canterbury

June 29, 2012

When Mom arrived in assisted living, she could not stand or walk and required a 24-hour caregiver. She could not eat or drink on her own and was in a deep state of depression.While I found much advice on medical conditions and treatment, I found virtually nothing on understanding assisted living. Sure, there were some Websites that taught you the basics, like "make sure a nurse is on duty" or "make sure the kitchen is clean". But this is my mom and I wanted far better for her. I wasn't putting her away; I was playing a key role in her recovery.Because of the lessons I learned "and a lot of hard work on the part of my mother" she is doing very well. In fact, we've become very close friends. She walks with a walker; her memories are clear and vibrant. She has a circle of friends and a packed calendar.While a move to assisted living may initially be seen as negative, I know first- hand that with some careful and thoughtful planning, you can make it a huge positive for all concerned. Over the last several years, my relationship with my mother has strengthened. She has become one of my best friends and an integral part of my life.

July 27, 2011

By dcobble

Great staff to patient ratio.

Photos of The Fountains at Canterbury

Features of The Fountains at Canterbury

About The Fountains at Canterbury

The Fountains at Canterbury in Oklahoma City OK is a continuing care retirement community (CCRC) offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing on an idyllic 39-acre campus with lakeside trails and fishing dock, billiards lounge, a Wellness Center with an indoor heated pool. Community members enjoy meals served restaurant-style in our elegant dining room with private dining room for special occasions. We know that challenging our brains and getting in better physical shape has enormous benefits at every age, and The Fountains at Canterbury offers an ongoing course schedule of mind-expanding and body-toning classes through Watermark University. A Watermark retirement community.

The Fountains at Canterbury Amenities

• Idyllic 39-acre campus with lakeside trails and fishing dock
  • Elegant dining and private dining room
  • Billiards lounge
  • Well-stocked library
  • Full-service beauty salon and barber shop
  • Computer Center with Internet access
  • Outdoor gardening area
  • Room service
  • Furnished guest apartments

The Fountains at Canterbury Services

• Biweekly housekeeping of your apartment
  • Weekly laundering of your flat linens
  • Variety of stimulating social, educational, cultural, recreational, and spiritual programs
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Move-in coordination service
  • All utilities, except telephone and cable TV
  • Fitness programs include regularly scheduled exercise classes, walking programs and water aerobics classes
  • Preventative health screening
  • Nautilus exercise equipment
  • Blood pressure checks
  • Massage therapy
  • Manicures and pedicures
  • Fitness lectures
  • Complete apartment maintenance, including plumbing and major appliances
  • Building maintenance, groundskeeping and landscaping services

Map of The Fountains at Canterbury