Legend at Rivendell

13200 South May Ave, Oklahoma City, OK, 73170

Reviews of Legend at Rivendell

janetstagner August 15, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the group of people that for our elders. My mom has dementia and the really understand the disease and don't make quick judgments about her because they know it's the disease. They have educated us as a family and helped us help out mom. I would have given 1000 stars if they were available!

lwilson July 01, 2013

The care he has received from Legend's has been unparalleled to any other center our father has been in. He is thriving and is more like himself than he has been since this disease began.

It has meant the world to us since our family has had numerous unfortunate events during the past 18 months. In the beginning, he was unstable and many in the memory care facilities and medical community had basically written him off. He was unfairly labeled and was not given the care that he deserved. The Director at Legend at Rivendell found out what was really going on and address it so that he could improve and be more like his usual self. The Residence Director, Laura, was our earthly angel during a very dark and upsetting time in our family. Our family takes so much comfort in knowing he is being treated with the respect, courtesy and compassion that he deserves. This peace of mind is priceless for someone we care so deeply for.

Dad is happier, has regained the dramatic weight loss he has experienced and is thriving in his new home. We are so thankful that he seems to be at peace and content with his new environment.

The staff at Legends have been phenomenal. They have always been there to help us out, answer our questions and genuinely work with his medical team to ensure he is at his best. No other facility that he has been in has done that. We are extremely pleased with his progress, the staff, his medical team, his treatment plan and the care he has received since becoming part of the Legends Community.

The social and family activities have been a wonderful opportunity for us to share in happy times with him.

This disease is an extremely devastating one and like nothing we have ever experienced. The staff at Legend's is absolutely wonderful at having educational opportunities and talking with families to help cope during such difficult times.

Thank each of you at Legends so much!

Marion S December 11, 2012

Legends at Rivendell is a beautiful facility incorporating features that provide for the comfort and safety of the residents. More importantly the staff creat a an atmosphere of family. They are friendly, caring, and cheerful in dealing with the residents. There are a multitude of activities available for any residents to participate. The food service is not only diverse in selection, but presented in a very pleasing dining atmosphere.My mother became a resident three weeks ago and loves being there. This gives me peace of mind and from my visits, I can see why she is enjoying her time there. She has expressed her satisfaction with the accomodations and the thoughtful and helpfulness of the staff.

KDub11 November 29, 2012

I have spent a great amount of time at Legend at Rivendell, as I have some good friends there. I can tell you that this is the nicest community I've ever been in! The community is always clean, warm and inviting and the staff is exceptional. Not only is the staff very professional and caring, but the majority of them have been there for several years, as they have very little turnover. They really care about and love on the residents and families. The chef is really good and the residents enjoy great food and a menu with a variety of choices for the residents. I would recommend this assisted living over all the other ones in Oklahoma City---that's how terrific the staff and care is there. I've heard that most of the physicians and hospitals rank this community very high as well. K. Anne

Kathyone November 29, 2012

My mother, my best friend and companion whom I miss every day! However, her caregivers at the Legend at Rivdendell were remarkable. Not only were they caregivers, but were very special to me and my brother during my mother's declining illness. The staff was very responsive and the facility was well managed with a very warm and inviting living environment. Since my mother's passing over a year ago, I know that I can walk in the doors of the Legend at Rivendell at any time and be welcomed with open arms, for these people became my extended family and were there for my mother and me during a very critical time. To date, I continue to recommend the facility to friends in need of caregiving for their loved ones. In summary, yes, I recommend the Legend at Rivdendell and their staff with 5 stars!

Stan1 July 06, 2012

Legends is a relatively new Assisted Living with both independent apartments and a skilled care section for those required more care. This is a spacious facility was is very nicely decorated, well kept and clean. It provided a beautiful sitting area with fireplace and library. It provided both inside activities and outside trips for shopping and visiting attractions such as the zoo. The dining area was equally nice with individual tables, clean table cloths and comfortable chairs. Residents could seat themselves and had a daily selection of food to choose from. The wait staff would come to my Mom let her pick her selection and bring her food to her which I thought was a very nice touch for the elderly. There was a sitting area in a garden like setting in the central part of the facility which was always well groomed and full of pleasant plants. The staff there was always curtious. My mothers room was always clean and neat including the dusting and keeping my Mothers plants watered. The care providers where very helpful with Mom. They assisted her with bathing and always provided her with her medications in a timely fashion. I was very pleased overall with Legends and would recommend it to those who can afford the facility. The only down side to Legends is that it is not the cheapest one in the area, but you do get what you pay for.

From Legend at Rivendell

Welcome to Legend at Rivendell!

Legend at Rivendell is an assisted living and memory care residence dedicated to providing quality services in a warm, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve. We remain dedicated to those who entrust their housing and service needs to us.

At Legend at Rivendell we are dedicated to each Residents' independence, choices and dignity.

Visit us for a tour and you'll see how our combination of a warm residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at Legend at Rivendell is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.

Philosophy of Service

Legend at Rivendell is dedicated to providing the highest standard in quality of service, environment, and care to residents and their families. The foundation of our approach to service is built upon fundamental concepts we believe are important to every resident.

The concepts are central in our approach to quality service and supportive residential environments:
  • Promote the individuality of each resident
  • Offer each resident dignity and respect
  • Foster independence for each resident
  • Support each resident’s right to privacy
  • Support the needs of family and friends
  • Provide a supportive residential environment
  • Partner with residents and family in care decisions
  • Offer individual choices in care, services and lifestyle
Tailored Services

At Legend at Rivendell, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, we offer each resident a flexible service combination we call Tailored Services. The combination of the Base Monthly Service and the Tailored Services you choose results in your monthly Tailored Pricing. This unique plan provides you with the most individual personal service in the most cost effective manner.

Base Monthly Service Includes:
  • Spacious apartment
  • Utilities (except phone)
  • Weekly housekeeping & laundry
  • Routine maintenance
  • Three nutritious meals and snacks
  • Life Enrichment activities
  • 24-hour access to staff
  • Licensed nurse on staff
  • Health monitoring by full time professional staff
Tailored Services may include: (but are not limited to)
  • Medication Assistance
  • Specialized diets
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal care
  • Assistance with ambulation
  • Reflections Memory Care

The Legend Personal Assessment provides for cooperative planning between you and our staff. As your needs or wants change, your Tailored Services can change with you. At Legend, you pay only for the services you need or want.

Enriching Activities

Life enriching activities come alive at Legend at Rivendell. Residents participate in hobbies, cultural events, educational opportunities, religious activities, and interesting trips, along with the opportunity for new experiences. New friends are made and relationships strengthened by spending enjoyable time together. Special cultural and community events are a highlight on the Legend Life Enrichment Calendar.

The Life Enrichment Coordinator and the nurse create The Legend Wellness Program which may include fun exercises, activities, and health education. The Legend Wellness Program is designed to enhance the overall health and well-being of the residents.

Companion Services

You may choose additional personalized support or services through our specialized program call Legend Companions. Legend Companions spend time one-on-one with the resident providing special attention or care such as reading, shopping, letter writing, supervision, and support.

Quality Design Features

Every design feature of the Legend at Rivendell is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve.

Exterior:
  • Elegant home-style architecture
  • Porte Cochere providing weather free access to front entrance
Apartments
  • 5 distinctive apartment styles
  • Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
  • Wall-to-Wall carpeting, except bathrooms
  • Large bathroom with curbless shower
  • Emergency Call System with speaker response
  • Telephone and Television connections
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
  • Basic Cable hook-up
Interior
  • Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
  • Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
  • Elegant dining room
  • Main Street Café for casual dining and snacks
  • Enclosed courtyard / covered porch
  • Common living room, game room, and library
  • Uptown Theater
  • For your "Peace of Mind"
  • Electronically controlled entrances
  • Fire/smoke and sprinkler systems

Reflections Alzheimer's and Memory Care

Dedication to Service

Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's or other memory impairments is a very personal, loving dedication to service. It requires service for specific and individual needs.

More often, the resident with memory loss needs assistance with life's daily activities including personal care but may not have an acute medical condition requiring around the clock skilled nursing or instruction. Finding that unique combination of physical setting and specialized care is a journey traveled by many families.

The Reflections Program

At Reflections, our trained staff works closely with family members and friends to assemble a "Life History" identifying the personal experiences of each resident's life.

Through the "Life History," we get to know the personality behind the person, fostering a one-to-one association more like "friend to friend" rather than "staff to patient." Details and events from your loved one's past become "shared" memories and experiences serving as a foundation for activities, communication, and the development of friendships built on support, understanding and mutual respect.

Base Monthly Services
  • Laundry Services - personal and linen
  • 24 hour-a-day specially trained staff
  • Three daily meals plus snacks
  • Tailored activities - therapeutic and recreational
  • Full-time Reflections supervisor
  • Individualized service planning
  • Family and community support groups
  • Reflections Program - a personal life history program
Tailored Services
  • Medication Assistance
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, incontinence management, and other personal services

Location of Legend at Rivendell