Reviews of Legend at Council Road
Mary630256 June 10, 2016
I am/was a resident of this facility
Our daughter was so impressed with Legend at Council Road that we came to see it, too. We liked the location very much and felt like it was where we wanted to be. It's a beautiful place. The room is very nice and very adequate for my husband and me. The staff is very friendly and wants to help very much. We haven’t had any problems with anyone. We just moved in a week ago. We have doctors' appointments and home health coming in. We have attended the prayer and praise time that they have in the mornings. They have bingo and other games. The food is very good.
jamio April 02, 2015
I visited this facility
I visited the facility and I was greeted upon entry. Everyone was friendly, and with every visit my loved one was cared for appropriately.
caring5463 February 25, 2015
I visited this facility
It was very appealing when you go in at Legend at Council Road. It was new looking, didn't smell like urine, the rooms were a little smaller, and it looked like a little village with little apartments and lights on the door.
DorothyDoo January 22, 2015
I am a friend or relative of resident
Wonderful and amazing do not even come close to describing how I enjoyed & found peace with mother being at Legend on Council in the Memory Care Unit!! The director and staff are very attentive and loving to each resident. Her apartment was keep very clean day to day. And the meals were very good - served in a nice dining room environment. I also appreciate the organization and effort they made for mom to attend outings. Actual field trips to different locations! I enjoyed the relationship with the administrative and medical staff also. Always there to help, assist, and support! I could continue but this lets you know a little about how excellent Legend on Council is!
Kris5 April 24, 2014
I visited this facility
The Legend at Council Road was actually closer to my home. It had the same layout, like the floor plan and the dining area, as the other Legend that we visited. We visited there at around 5 p.m. so we were able to interact with the residents, and they were all friendly and happy. We were able interact with the staff too as we took our tour. The people were nice as well.
From Legend at Council Road
Legend at Council Road is an assisted living and memory care residence dedicated to providing quality services in a warm, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve. We remain dedicated to those who entrust their housing and service needs to us.
At Legend at Council Road we are dedicated to each Residents' independence, choices and dignity.
Visit us for a tour and you'll see how our combination of a warm residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at Legend at Council Road is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.
Philosophy of Service
Legend at Council Road is dedicated to providing the highest standard in quality of service, environment, and care to residents and their families. The foundation of our approach to service is built upon fundamental concepts we believe are important to every resident.
The concepts are central in our approach to quality service and supportive residential environments:
- Promote the individuality of each resident
- Offer each resident dignity and respect
- Foster independence for each resident
- Support each resident's right to privacy
- Support the needs of family and friends
- Provide a supportive residential environment
- Partner with residents and family in care decisions
- Offer individual choices in care, services and lifestyle
At Legend at Council Road, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, we offer each resident a flexible service combination we call Tailored Services. The combination of the Base Monthly Service and the Tailored Services you choose results in your monthly Tailored Pricing. This unique plan provides you with the most individual personal service in the most cost effective manner.Base Monthly Service Includes:
- Spacious apartment
- Utilities (except phone)
- Weekly housekeeping & laundry
- Routine maintenance
- Three nutritious meals and snacks
- Life Enrichment activities
- 24-hour access to staff
- Licensed nurse on staff
- Health monitoring by full time professional staff
- Medication Assistance
- Specialized diets
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal care
- Assistance with ambulation
- Reflections Memory Care
The Legend Personal Assessment provides for cooperative planning between you and our staff. As your needs or wants change, your Tailored Services can change with you. At Legend, you pay only for the services you need or want.
Life enriching activities come alive at Legend at Council Road. Residents participate in hobbies, cultural events, educational opportunities, religious activities, and interesting trips, along with the opportunity for new experiences. New friends are made and relationships strengthened by spending enjoyable time together. Special cultural and community events are a highlight on the Legend Life Enrichment calendar.
The Life Enrichment Coordinator and the nurse create The Legend Wellness Program which may include fun exercises, activities, and health education. The Legend Wellness Program is designed to enhance the overall health and well-being of the residents.
You may choose additional personalized support or services through our specialized program call Legend Companions. Legend Companions spend time one-on-one with the resident providing special attention or care such as reading, shopping, letter writing, supervision, and support.
Quality Design Features
Every design feature of the Legend at Council Road is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve.Exterior:
- Elegant home-style architecture
- 5 distinctive apartment styles
- Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
- Wall-to-Wall carpeting, except bathrooms
- Large bathroom with curbless shower
- Emergency Call System with speaker response
- Telephone and Television connections
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Basic Cable hook-up
- Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
- Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
- Elegant dining room
- Main Street Café for casual dining and snacks
- Enclosed courtyard / covered porch
- Common living room, game room, and library
- Uptown Theater
- Electronically controlled entrances
- Fire/smoke and sprinkler systems
Reflections Alzheimer's and Memory Care
Dedication to Service
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's or other memory impairments is a very personal, loving dedication to service. It requires service for specific and individual needs.
More often, the resident with memory loss needs assistance with life's daily activities including personal care but may not have an acute medical condition requiring around the clock skilled nursing or instruction. Finiding that unique combination of physical setting and specialized care is a journey traveled by many families.
The Reflections Program
At Reflections, our trained staff works closely with family members and friends to assemble a "Life History" identifying the personal experiences of each resident's life.
Through the "Life History," we get to know the personality behind the person, fostering a one-to-one association more like "friend to friend" rather than "staff to patient." Details and events from your loved one's past become "shared" memories and experiences serving as a foundation for activities, communication, and the development of friendships built on support, understanding and mutual respect.Base Monthly Services
- Laundry Services - personal and linen
- 24 hour-a-day specially trained staff
- Three daily meals plus snacks
- Tailored activities - therapeutic and recreational
- Full-time Reflections supervisor
- Individualized service planning
- Family and community support groups
- Reflections Program - a personal life history program
- Medication Assistance
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, incontinence management, and other personal services
What Makes Us Special
We are a one-level smaller home-like community for AL and MC and we can provide higher levels of care than most AL communities. All AL apartments are 1 bedroom, sm med and large and some with secured courtyard access w/ their own patio. Memory Care daycare feature offering more options for our residents & allowing couples to stay together longer.
Features of Legend at Council Road
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Technology extra: Emergency Call System
- Medication Management
- Physical therapy
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Hiking trails
- TV room
- Parking for residents
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Features extra: Library
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Guests can attend meals
- Guests can stay overnight
- Ample parking for guests
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Private services
- Meals delivered to residents' rooms
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- We offer respite care (short term stays)
- Minimum age: 65
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
Location of Legend at Council Road
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities