Legacy House of Ogden

5526 Adams Ave Pkwy, Ogden, UT, 84405

Reviews of Legacy House of Ogden

Pat M.1 January 26, 2016

My mother is in Legacy House of Ogden. The administration is very friendly. The place is very clean and bright. It seems like their facilities are better than some of the other places we have seen. The staff is pretty good, caring, and seem to be knowledgeable. From what I can tell, I can say they are well staffed. I have been going in there on a pretty regular basis and they do seem to have different things going on every day.

They have some kind of craft projects or they have some musicians come in, which caters to both sides the memory care unit where my mom is and the assisted living. I know the CNAs play games with them in the afternoon, watch TV with the patients. They seem to try and keep them engaged. Honestly, it is depressing when you see all these people with Alzheimer's, but overall, I think the atmosphere is actually good. I will recommend them to families with similar situation.

Kim108236050 June 22, 2015

I have been to Legacy House, and I really liked them. They were wonderful, and the staff was very friendly. The rooms and apartments were very nice too.

Dennis24 April 19, 2015

They took us around on a tour of the facility, we ate lunch in their dining hall, and they also have activities like movies. They also had transportation where they take you some place if you needed to go and all that. The staff was friendly and helpful, they answered the questions that we had, and if they weren't quite sure, they would get you somebody else and let you know. The rooms were basically a one-bedroom, they had a bathroom facility with a walk-in shower, a place for a bed, a small place for a microwave, and lots of closet space. The food at the Legacy House was pretty good, and they had good security.

Bonnie44 March 16, 2015

Legacy was beautiful, and I loved it. I wanted my sister to move in there. One of the workers at the care center that she is at right now has taken her over there. It was clean and spacious, and they just had a whole lot of things.

I would have taken that one if we did not find the place she is in right now. The staff who showed us around was wonderful. She showed us everything, and they have 1 and 2 bedroom living spaces.

Kirk2 January 13, 2015

Mom is now living at Legacy House Ogden. One thing that impressed me was they have a lot of staff to replace when people are sick or on vacation. It is a very clean, well-kept place. The care is as good as I have seen anywhere. When she was in California, she got good care, but the price was higher -- and it was going up again -- so I am very pleased with the way they work with her and their facilities. They are just trying to keep her comfortable in a really homey atmosphere. She got a bunch of her stuff in her apartment, which is really nice because she hasn't had that for a long time. I am very impressed and pleased with them. It is an excellent place.

Caring85232050 June 27, 2014

Legacy House of Ogden is a little bit older. They have an OK gym, but they don't have a lot of equipment. They have good staff.

Laura32 March 31, 2014

The living area at Legacy House of Ogden is long and narrow, and the hallway seemed less home-like to me. I was able to see the rooms, and they were very nice and a little bit larger than the other facility, but they didn’t have any single rooms. I met with the marketing person, and she was very good and answered all of the questions that I had.

a_grandson August 28, 2012

The place was clean, but sort of felt like a hospital. It didn't feel like a place where people would like to be especially. It had a strong cleaner type of smell to it. The staff was very friendly and provided many activities for the residents. The rooms felt like a hospital room unless a few decorations were posted and could have used more sunlight and less artificial light. One of the highlights of many of the residents seemed to be the religious services available. I think many of them seemed to appreciate that. It seemed like this place was one in which families could easily access, but there wasn't a whole lot of parking for them to visit. It also seemed like there wasn't a whole lot of people that ever visited. Overall, the facility was pretty good and seemed to take care of their residents. The place just could have used a little more decoration and liveliness.

Sam919 December 08, 2011

This is a wonderful place to live for those that are not able to live on their own. The staff is very friendly and the facility is very clean. They have wonderful activities each week including bingo, manicures and musical entertainment. The food is well prepared and tasteful.

Angelsmoon October 20, 2011

If the person residing at this place needs minimal care then they would have no problem. Anyone who needs a little extra care will find it lacking. Several important staff members like the RN leave early, or are hard to contact. The residents rooms are not cleaned very well. Some staff members are quite friendly, and willing to help to a certain degree. Legacy House has many vacancies now, and they are desperate for more residents. They also have two golden retrievers that are there regularly and the residents do enjoy them. The meals are decent with a good variety, and bingo, a book club and trips to the store are offered. The carpet in the main areas has been replaced recently but not in the residents room. Overall if you're a person with diabetes, or some other serious health issue they will not handle it and a home health care place must give shots, dress wounds, etc. It has good and bad qualities just depending on someones needs.

anonymous44 June 30, 2011

This is a great facility. The rooms are large, airy, and well lit. There's even physical therapy offered, and house calls and the hospital is just feet away. However, what I like the most is the large park just around the corner. For those residents who can still get around easily, you can see them taking walks in the park in the mornings, all bright and chipper and fresh with the sun. There's one lady in particular here who really loves her walking. She could probably out walk me easily. If there's such a thing as a walking marathon, she could join and win. I think her love for walking alone has galvanized many of the residents to follow suit.

From Legacy House of Ogden

Welcome to Legacy House of Ogden.

Across the street from Ogden Regional Hospital, Legacy House of Ogden provides assisted living and memory care services. Our residents enjoy daily activities, restaurant-style dining, beautifully decorated living areas and a variety of apartment floor plans—all in a home-like setting.

At Legacy House of Ogden, we believe that the more our residents can be independent, the healthier they are and the better they feel. No matter what stage of life we're in, maximizing independence, maintaining dignity and having choices are important.

Nevertheless, there comes a time when we all could use a helping hand, even for the most basic daily activities like dressing, bathing, grooming or taking medications. At Legacy House of Ogden, we recognize those times and provide just the right amount of help to meet those needs—it’s part of our Personal Touch philosophy.

At Legacy House of Ogden, assisted living services are designed for seniors who can no longer manage on their own but do not require intensive, 24-hour medical care. We provide a combination of residential living, health and recreational services, and help with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, eating and medications in a warm, home-like environment.

A Secure Environment for Peace of Mind

Our memory care community, called The Cottage, is staffed by professionally trained caregivers that provide assistance and supervision for daily activities such as eating, bathing, grooming, incontinence care and walking all in a secure environment. Our residents enjoy private apartments furnished with personal belongings and mementos that make it feel like home. Special thought is given to the décor and functionality of each room. Activities are also specially designed to meet the needs of our residents.

Services include:

• Assistance with activities of daily living including dressing, grooming and bathing
  • 24-hour, on-site certified nursing staff available. Full-time Registered Nurse available
  • Medication monitoring and diabetes care
  • Incontinence care
  • Restaurant-style dining—three meals daily plus snacks
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service
  • Personal laundry service available
  • Maintenance, landscaping and snow removal
  • Full activity program that provides physical, intellectual, social and spiritual activities to enhance quality of life
  • Scheduled transportation to medical appointments, grocery shopping and banking

Standard in your residence:

• Apartment-style—Studio, 1 and 2 bedroom units with kitchenette and private bath
  • Individually controlled heating and cooling system
  • 24-hour emergency call system
  • Safety features including grab bars
  • Fully handicap accessible apartments available

Amenities:

• On-site laundry room
  • Beauty and barber shop
  • Library, activity room, game room and fitness/therapy room
  • Private dining room
  • State-of-the-art emergency response and security system
  • Beautiful common areas for visiting with neighbors and friends
  • Beautifully landscaped. Residents enjoy walking paths and flower gardens.

Thank you for your interest at Legacy House of Ogden. Visit today. We’d love to have you over for lunch.

Features of Legacy House of Ogden

• Spanish

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• State License(s): 2015-ALII-15869