Brookdale Ocoee

80 North Clarke Road, Ocoee, FL, 34761

Reviews of Brookdale Ocoee

Caring104797450 April 17, 2015

Brookdale Ocoee was a little fancier, and it had more gardens. They do cooking, go to the mall, take them to the beauty salon, and they provide transportation. I like it very much, but the staff was very limited in speaking Spanish.

Caring3085 September 08, 2014

Emeritus at Ocoee was a beautiful facility. It was bright with a lot of lights and chandeliers. It had a cheery atmosphere. It was an uplifting and cheerful place. At that time, bingo was going on. In terms of price, I think it's a little high. Emeritus though is a secure place. They have some type of sign in books. Until they get to know you, you don't have to sign it anymore.

William40 May 29, 2014

Emeritus we've been to, and I think we're going back in a couple of weeks. It was a nice place. It has a good location. It's close to doctors' offices and shopping, and it's also close to a hospital if they had that need. The staff seem like nice people, and they seem to have a lot of activities. They threw different types of themed parties for the clients who were staying there. The sanitation looked fine to us. The lady there was very helpful.

Rita17 January 31, 2014

Before my mom passed away, she stayed at Emeritus at Ocoee for four weeks. It was a pretty facility. The grounds were pretty. They had a big wrap-around porch with rocking chairs. It was visually attractive. However, as far as the nursing staff there, they seemed to have attitude a little bit. Mom's room and furniture weren't as nice. Also her room wasn't cleaned properly. When I complained about it, they said that they were having trouble with keeping a housekeeping staff. Even the manager's office was messy and that was a turn-off to me and that was one of the reasons I did not want her to stay there. However, unlike in the other facility, here you can control the temperature of your room. That was a positive I think to be able to have control over the temperature the way you want it in your room. For activities, they did offer a lot, but my mom was sicker at that time so she didn't participate in as much. Also she took her meals in her room because she was too sick to eat in the dining room.

Caring4655426 January 12, 2014

My mom was at Summerville Ocoee. She was never to take a shower alone because of her medication as well as the possibility of slipping and falling. She thought the CNA was telling her to take a shower, so she got undressed and got into the shower. Then, when the CNA arrived back, she was lying on the bathroom floor and had broken her hip.

It's a beautiful facility. However, the fact that she broke her hip was a real turn off. In addition, when I got to the hospital, they had not sent any of her papers with her. I live across town, and I had all my mom's Do Not Resuscitate paperwork with them. I thought maybe they could send them over, but they couldn't find them. I thought it was very inefficient since they were not able to locate someone's DNR. I did not have a good feeling there.

Caring71818050 October 26, 2013

We liked Emeritus at Ocoee. We were there briefly and as far as I can see the staff were very good. The facility was very nice and very well run.

Bob40 October 11, 2013

My father was with Emeritus at Ocoee and it has horrible. It was just a place that I'm really tempted to file a complaint with the state about abuse. I would never, never recommend it anybody to Emeritus of Ocoee. He was constantly dirty. If my father went to meal then its fine and if he didn't then fine. They were extremely short staffed. I went out of town for an emergency for three days and they said they moved him to memory care because he was having trouble finding his way back to his apartment. In memory care I came in after three days telling them I would be gone and he came in the same clothes he had been three days ago. He was filthy, dirty, and unshaved. I found him in his wheelchair in a bed of urine under his wheelchair. I was in shock. It was horrible so I took him out. I was very unhappy with them.

David27 June 12, 2013

We chose Emeritus for my mother because her general doctor is associated with it. The neighborhood is close to our house. I go there every day, it's really nice and she's very happy there. The price is way too much. It is $4,200 a month. I checked with four or five different ones around and they're all the same price. It's a very nice place with good food. They have different activities going on.

LTC June 29, 2012

I only wish my mom could have reaped the benefits of living at Emeritus at Ocoee a few years earlier. She has made friends and, after many years of living alone, once again has a real purpose in life. I recently took her out for lunch and, while we were sitting there, she told me how happy she is now. A mere 7 months ago, I would never have expected her to utter those words. The entire Emeritus staff is constantly working hard to make each and every resident happy. My only complaint...Mom is never in her room because there are so many wonderful activities that she loves to attend. I've learned that I can call the front desk and they will get a message to her immediately. Thank you Emeritus!

Evelyn1 October 29, 2011

It's a little soon to rate much about my father's quality of life in his new home since he won't actually move in until next week. But, so far, everyone we have met and worked with has been extremely welcoming and knowledgeable, able to help with all areas relating to his future well-being. The conditions of the facility are wonderful, location is great and we are looking forward to this next phase in my father's life. He is looking forward to the friends he will have there and the comfort is his new surroundings. Check back with us in a couple of months for opinions on actually living there. The 5-star rating is pre-move in but if our visits so far are any indication, I'm sure the rating will continue.

From Brookdale Ocoee

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9731