Merrill Gardens at Oceanside

3500 Lake Boulevard, Oceanside, CA, 92056

Contact Now

Reviews of Merrill Gardens at Oceanside

Chris104970750 June 15, 2015

We went to Merrill Gardens. The staff was very nice. They were patient. The tenants seemed to really love the people that were taking care of things, and they seemed to be happy. The location was great because it was close to shopping areas, restaurants, and grocery stores. We had lunch there, and the food was very good.

We appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback. We are so happy to hear about your experience with our team, the location and the food. You are always welcome to contact us directly if you have any questions.

carolyn5012 May 01, 2015

The other one that we liked recently was Merrill Gardens. I liked the friendly attitude of the people at the front desk. I remember that they had a bulletin board display where they were honoring the veterans who live there, which would include my husband. There isn't anything that really stood out in particular; it just all kind of blended all together after a while. They were very pleasant.

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. We are happy to hear that you saw our display honoring veterans. Please reach out to us directly if we can answer any questions or be of assistance!

Caring101778050 January 18, 2015

Merrill Gardens at Oceanside is the one I visited that I didn't like. To me it was a little more of a nursing home than a retirement community. It was really old. The dining room was particularly attractive. But I just didn't care, and none of us liked it. That's where we had lunch. There was really nothing wrong with the lunch, but I would never go there. They showed us one room that is very neat and nice but extremely small. They said that everything was just like that. The other rooms were the same. The rooms are very small and old.

Gudrun4743 September 13, 2014

The accommodation at Merrill Gardens is very nice, very good, and comparatively reasonable. Most of the staff I met is very nice and very accommodating. They have 3 meals. I like the restaurant-style place. The food place is open all day. You can choose your own time when you want to eat. That’s very nice, rather than being limited to just a special hour a day for lunch or a special hour a day for breakfast. They’re open from 7:00am to 7:00pm, like a restaurant. They have exercise, bingo, a card club, and trips outside. It’s not perfect, but I really like it here.

Ken17 February 28, 2014

I like the place. Overall, it's a positive experience. It's nice, clean, and they have good people.

parentson November 07, 2013

Our parents moved to Pacific Place several months ago. The decision to move them from living independently in their own home to assisted living was a difficult one to make but the experienced staff at Pacific Place made the transition smooth and pleasant. Ou parents are very happy in their new home. At this time in ther lives personal relationships are very important. Since moving to Pacific Place their quality of life has improved. They have made new friends with both the staff and other residents. All the staff from the - maintenance crew, dining room staff and management - know our parents and call them by their name. We checked several other facilities before making our decision and found Pacific Place to be the best value for the money. We are still very happy with our decision. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this facility to anyone.

Marcelle1 October 30, 2013

The visit at Pacific Place was very good. We had a nice tour and once again the woman that we talked to called me a couple of times just to see how things are going. We were very impressive with their facility. We probably would not choose them only because of their memory facility is in a separate building. My mother would not be able to keep her cat because of their setup and having her pet with her is very important.

RCFE July 04, 2013

High turnover. Expensive $6,000.00 per month. Had to pay for assistance services (showers) even when they did not perform them. Paying for 3 showers per week and some months only had one or two per week. Eleven incidents requiring reports to licensing agency...falls, head injuries, bruises, etc. Failed to send medical information to hospital as required in emergency. Failed to send Do Not Resuscitate order, which ended up requiring hospital to resuscitate and over $200,000 in medical bills laying in a coma until death. One trip to ER doctor would not release him back due to suspicious bruising and repeated visits to ER. they promised to increase his care and move him to a different room. They moved him to the new room 6 months and many more injuries later. Property was stolen from his room. Paint on walls peeling off, drapes dangling from rods, stains on carpets and had to go down the hall to a bathroom. Understaffed. Untrained employees. etc.etc.etc. Merrill Gardens had no comment or response to complaints. Did not inform family of problems. The worst possible place to send a relative. Merrill Gardens just sold many of their facilities. Maybe things will improve.

demstace July 29, 2012

My grandmother stayed at Pacific Place the last few years of her life. All in all i think it was a pretty good place. Bathrooms were always clean, rooms were heated and air conditioned. They had pretty good food for a retirement home, never cold. I would eat with my grandma and her friends there once a week. And somehow every night i would go it would be sweet potato and lamb... yuck. My grandma thought it was my favorite haha. Holidays were good they had big dinners. But there was one thing, management was never the same, always new rules and regulations, and different staff. I remember one time i walked into my grandmothers room and there was ma-gets on the counter. I asked her how they got there and she said no one had to came to clean in a week. But of course when i talked to them they said they had. It also seemed like there prices changed alot but i wasn't in charge of that so i don't really know. My grandma made tons of friends so i think that helped with the poor management. Its a beautiful place they have alot of activities i just think they should be allowed outside more like taken on walks and such.

From Merrill Gardens at Oceanside

Merrill Gardens at Oceanside, a Merrill Gardens Community, is located in Oceanside. Our senior living community includes independent living and assisted living apartments, as well as Alzheimer's care. Merrill Gardens at Oceanside offers quality senior housing in California -- one that provides all of the amenities of a home without the work. Imagine a life without household chores, yard work or home maintenance.

Merrill Gardens at Oceanside's Location

- Close to medical services, shopping and restaurants - Outdoor walking paths and garden areas - Landscaped grounds

Services

- Independent living, assisted living, and Alzheimer's care - 24-hour staff - Anytime-dining - Weekly housekeeping - Full activity program - Scheduled transportation - Onsite maintenance

- Library, living areas and social meeting areas - Private dining room available for special events - Salon and barbershop - Resident and guest parking - Small pets welcome - Resident call system in every apartment

Essentials

- Month-to-month rental, no buy-in required - Centrally located laundry rooms - Total apartments: 144

Minutes away from Tri-City Medical Center. Library. Living rooms & social meeting areas. Guest suite for overnight visitors. Billards room. Landscaped paths with plenty of seating. Paved walking paths and garden areas. Landscaped gorunds. Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments with kitchenettes. Resident & guest parking.

Features of Merrill Gardens at Oceanside

• Tagalog
  • Vietnamese

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: On-call 24/7

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Minimum age: 65