United Methodist Communities at The Shores

2201 Bay Avenue, Ocean City, NJ, 08226

Reviews of United Methodist Communities at The Shores

February 13, 2015

By AmyKnight

The over all impression is good, clean & upbeat. Most of the staff is friendly & few truly care. Unlike some of the management, that seem to be more interested in appearance. Our family had the displeasure of experiencing an environment of passing the buck when my mother disappeared. Seems they were more interesting in place blame than solving the issue. I'm not going into detail as it still angers me & my mother has passed since. I talked to many that work in the building & it seems that they lied when the tried to explain or more interested making excuses for how she got out of the building, I lost faith & trust in the facility. Also they say it is non-profit but all they are interested in a dollar. They charge for everything & every service beyond the exorbitant rent each month.

November 07, 2013

By Caring69019150

We were very familiar with Shores at Wesley Manor because my mother has been in an apartment complex that is affiliated with them right in the same neighborhood. We were able to visit the facility numerous times. It's a triple A facility. They have lot of activities and a lot of services. It's an ideal place, but it's much more expensive.

September 19, 2013

By Thinker

If you want a nice assisted living apartment close to the ocean, this may be one of the few choices. The facility is attractive and well maintained but the amenities are minimal. The food is mediocre at best. The staff will come into the rooms at their convenience. We experienced theft from the apartment and a lack of responsiveness when needed. It is run as a business and it is all about the $. If you need to stay on their nursing care floor, you would be better served to move elsewhere.

March 23, 2012

By derickson1

The Shores has really expanded over the past five years! My grandmother loves it. It offers both assisted living as well as retirement living - in other words, residents can choose to live "on their own", so-to-speak, if they wish. Residents may own a pet (a cat or small dog), which really helps the spirits of others living there! Each residence includes a bathroom, a bedroom and a living room. There is also a kitchen area, although there is no stove or range, but there is plenty of room for a microwave. The dining service is very good, and the wait staff are among the friendliest of all staff on the campus! The Shores also features a library with several computers that have internet access. Finally, there are many trips for residents that would like to get off site, and there are plenty of weekly and monthly activities for entertainment purposes. On the whole, my grandmother has been very happy at the Shores!

November 17, 2011

By oceanviewer

The facility is very clean and the staff is very friendly and professional.

July 28, 2011

By Wiser Now

Don't take your loved ones here if you want quality care and individual attention, plus fast response and informed caregivers. Only some caregivers here were on the ball and knew ahead of time what was going on with our loved ones care or condition. It was always "I will check the chart" or "I don't know". When someone finally arrived, be it nurses aids - nurses or the ever elusive doctor. Their facility looks fancy but does not have the capabilty of providing necessary care for those terminally ill. Shouldn't even have admitted us for care in the first place and shot us out like a cannon when we decided to look elsewhere. Hope this review helps others avoid the pain we suffered.

Photos of United Methodist Communities at The Shores

Services & Amenities of United Methodist Communities at The Shores

• Minimum Memory Cost: $8809/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: 20A002

About United Methodist Communities at The Shores

The Shores’ assisted living is apartment style living with a less restrictive environment that enhances a person’s dignity, choice, independence, security and privacy. The overall experience is one where an individual has more options to rediscover their life and can confidently do the things they’ve always wanted to do. Resident directed living moves the control of resident’s care from the associates to the resident. Unlike the rigid structure of older institutional models of care, The Shores’ focus is always on the resident. Our associates get to know you and who you are, even your likes and dislikes. Together we make a truly custom life plan that puts you first. This approach fosters a nurturing environment where all residents feel cared for. Our customizable assisted living solution allows us to support the needs and requirements of every resident.

Ocean City, known as “America’s Greatest Family Resort,” offers a Music Pier, Aquatic Center, golf course, private airport, beach, boardwalk, marinas, fishing, and lovely downtown.

Map of United Methodist Communities at The Shores