The Windsor of Ocala

Overview of Ratings

4.9

March 31, 2014

By Mary81404250

We visited quite a few facilities for Mom, and one of them was Windsor of Ocala. She liked that facility very much, but she isn’t ready for an assisted living. The staff were very friendly and nice. We had lunch there, and the food is very good.

November 26, 2013

By Ramonita

What I liked most about The Windsor was the caring that I physically saw with the patients. I always see there's a nurse or somebody walking around, I never see the hallway empty and I'd been there at different times now. This is what impressed me the most and the hallways are very wide where you could put a chair going one way, the other chair is going the other way and there's room between the two. I go to their meetings once a month to share and it's open to the public and they very confidentially open up the patients. I get to see how the patients are treated and I have gotten to know some of the staff. They have enough staff. I've been to their affairs. There's a lady named Barbara who calls me up just to see how I'm doing. It's a very clean place, it's very active and they have a lot of activities for the patients. If I had a choice, I will put my husband in there.

September 14, 2013

By Millie2

The Windsor of Ocala seemed like a very nice place. It seemed like a popular place and there were a lot of activities. I did not see any grounds for them to walk around. It was just a building. The food, rooms and everything else were good. The residents were mostly women and it did not seem proper for my husband.

August 25, 2013

By Aileen23

The Windsor is beautiful and dining room as well. They had an outdoor atrium that was so comforting and so nice.

March 29, 2013

By Diane15

The Windsor of Ocala was an attractive place. The apartments were decent. The food was tasty.

July 28, 2012

By Bill4

It's a full service facility. They were able to dispense medication. They have doctors who visits or they take them to the doctors that we requested. One of my parents needed care for dementia and Alzheimer's. I think they have the best care and service. Or rather the most comprehensive services I should say. Aside from the full service that they provide, I like the cleanliness of the facility. They had a lot of activities. They take them out for dinner on occasion. They take them out to go bowling. They really just do different things in the community outside their facility as long as the residents are still able to do it physically. I think that the staff there were very friendly and professional. My parents got a large single room with a bathroom. Food is also provided for them there

July 06, 2012

By fhelton

The staff was really friendly to the patrons. The food was good. They served several courses and everything was fresh and delicious. The way they treated the residents was noticeably good. It seemed like everyone had family there and the ones that didn't they sat together and made sure they talked with them. It was a night that a lot of outside people were visiting, so it could just be because of the event. However, everyone had a positive attitude and although it was an assisted living facility, the environment was really good. Everyone had a smile on their face and they interacted with the residents in a friendly way. I was not able to see the rooms, nor did I get a tour of the facility. However, from what I saw it appeared to be very clean. The patients that needed extra care were given proper accommodations so that they were comfortable.

Let Us Search For You

Save Stress

Photos of The Windsor of Ocala

Features of The Windsor of Ocala

About The Windsor of Ocala

The Windsor is a licensed assisted living and memory care residence dedicated to providing quality services in a warm, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve.

At The Windsor, we are dedicated to each Residents' independence, choices and dignity.

Visit us for a tour and you'll see how our combination of a warm residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at The Windsor is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.

Philosophy of Service

The Windsor is dedicated to providing the highest standard in quality of service, environment, and care to residents and their families. The foundation of our approach to service is built upon fundamental concepts we believe are important to every resident.

The concepts are central in our approach to quality service and supportive residential environments:

• Promote the individuality of each resident
    • Offer each resident dignity and respect
    • Foster independence for each resident
    • Support each resident’s right to privacy
    • Support the needs of family and friends
    • Provide a supportive residential environment
    • Partner with residents and family in care decisions
    • Offer individual choices in care, services and lifestyle
    Tailored Services

At The Windsor, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, we offer each resident a flexible service combination we call Tailored Services. The combination of the Base Monthly Service and the Tailored Services you choose results in your monthly Tailored Pricing. This unique plan provides you with the most individual personal service in the most cost effective manner.

Base Monthly Service Includes:

• Spacious apartment
    • Utilities (except phone)
    • Routine maintenance
    • Weekly housekeeping & linen service
    • Health monitoring by full time professional staff
    • Life Enrichment activities
    • 24-hour access to staff
    • Licensed nurse on staff

Tailored Services may include: (but are not limited to)

• Medication Assistance
    • Specialized diets
    • Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal care
    • Assistance with ambulation
    • Personal Laundry

The Windsor Personal Assessment provides for cooperative planning between you and our staff. As your needs or wants change, your Tailored Services can change with you. At The Windsor, you pay only for the services you need or want.

Enriching Activities

Life enriching activities come alive at The Windsor. Residents participate in hobbies, cultural events, educational opportunities, religious activities, and interesting trips, along with the opportunity for new experiences. New friends are made and relationships strengthened by spending enjoyable time together. Special cultural and community events are a highlight on The Windsor Life Enrichment Calendar.

The Life Enrichment Coordinator and the nurse create The Windsor Wellness Program which may include fun exercises, activities, and health education. The Windsor Wellness Program is designed to enhance the overall health and well-being of the residents.

Companion Services

You may choose additional personalized support or services through our specialized program call Windsor Companions. Windsor Companions spend time one-on-one with the resident providing special attention or care such as reading, shopping, letter writing, supervision, and support.

Quality Design Features

Every design feature of The Windsor is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve.

Exterior:

• Elegant home-style architecture
    • Porte Cochere providing weather-covered access to front entrance
    Interior:
    • Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
    • Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
    • Elegant Palma Sola dining room
    • Courtyard Café for casual dining and snacks
    • Enclosed courtyard / screened lanai
    Apartments:
    • Seven distinctive apartment styles
    • Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
    • Wall-to-wall carpeting, except bathrooms
    • Large bathroom with curbless shower
    • Emergency Call System with speaker response
    • Telephone and cable connections
    • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
    • For your "Peace of Mind"
    • Electronically controlled entrances
    • Fire/smoke and sprinkler systems
    • Emergency generators for certain living areas

Map of The Windsor of Ocala