Pacifica Senior Living Ocala

Overview of Ratings

4.6

August 16, 2016

By Susan534271

We toured Pacifica, and everything was nice. It was under construction, so it was hard to tell what the rooms are going to be like. Everyone seemed nice. The staff was pleasant, the few that I saw. It was a very small place. They didn’t really have a secure system. They said that when people go out, they ask them where they’re going, but when you’re 90 years old, you might go the wrong way. It seemed like a nice place, and I wouldn’t have any problem with putting somebody in Pacifica. They had a library that was under construction, so I’m not sure about the size of it or anything. They had bingo, but the residents looked like they were on their own. I didn’t see any activities there.

Susan, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your tour with our community, we appreciate it. We were indeed under renovations and we have now completed them. The community looks amazing and we have scheduled a photos shoot for next week. We can't wait to show everyone the images. Thank you again for your consideration and your review.

August 15, 2016

By Gail706355

One thing I liked about Pacifica Senior Living Ocala was it was all on one floor. My biggest turnoff was that a lot of the people in there were just too old for me. The food was OK, and they served three meals a day. The room that I saw was OK but a little too small for me. Everybody was very nice.

Gail, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are sorry that our community did not meet your needs, and we thank you for your consideration.

July 01, 2016

By TMJackson

My wife and I have visited many times and I would recommend Pacifica to anyone. I am impressed with the staff from the administrator (Tonya) to the girls on the floor (especially Rebecca) They act like they genuinely care. They are always smiling and eager to help. The residents are smiling and laughing. I believe they are happy too. Overall, great atmosphere every time we go.

You really made our day today. Thank you for your positive review, Tmjackson. We strive to provide excellent care to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Ocala. Please feel free to reach out to us here at the community at any time to share your thoughts.

January 30, 2016

By Judypal

We recently celebrated my aunt's 100th birthday at Pacifica Sr. Living, Ocala. Thanks to the friendly and very caring staff, the occasion was a complete success. We were touched that everyone at the facility seemed to be involved in making this day a memorable one for my aunt. A special thanks to Tony, who coordinated everything and even made sure there was a chocolate cake ....a request from the Birthday Girl . The staff is relaxed, attentive and respectful to their residents. They obviously strive to provide the feeling of Home.

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience! All of our deepest wished for a very Happy Birthday!!!!

June 21, 2012

By Pam4

I've been here several times because my husband's aunt was a resident. This place is beautiful too. It had grass all around and several benches as well. The rooms were nice. They're very roomy for a single person. In addition, they serve good food to their residents. I think the residents are happy with their stay here judging from their physical appearance. I would suggest this place to others. I like what I see in here and I can't think of anything negative about this facility.

Questions About Pacifica Senior Living Ocala

Describe your community's overall population of assisted living residents. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our resident is 85. They love music, puzzles, playing games, and the day trips we take.

What programs or activities do you offer to enrich your residents’ well-being?

We cater our programs and activities to the requests of the residents. Once a month, we offer a Lunch n' Learn series where outside agencies come in and give talks about different issues our senior come across. Five times a week we have an exercise class and once a week, a local church comes in to give communion.

What places are near the community or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located next to Walmart, and walking distance to restaurants such as Beef O' Brady's, Chili's. Bob Evans, Five Guys Burgers, and Lee's Famous Recipe.

What transportation services do you offer to assisted living residents?

We have a bus and a car to take our residents to doctor appointments on Tuesday and Thursday.

What makes your chef or dining program exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted residents expect?

Our chef is one of our prized employees! She is a master of all types of cuisine. The menu always features two main dishes, along with everyday items. She has the ability to cater her meals to the needs of our residents.

What safety features or security measures do you offer to your assisted living residents?

We offer a call bell system in the apartments if the residents needs help.

How do you keep residents’ families informed about their loved ones?

We are in constant contact with our families. We call our family members if an issue arrives and keep an open door policy. The families are also encouraged to reach out to us at all times if there is a concern.

What is your community's care staff-to-resident ratio during daytime and nighttime hours?

Care staff to resident ratio will always depend upon acuity of the community.

If your community accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community! We have a designated doggy area for them to use, along with a grassy knoll on the side of the community for them to enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have monthly training meetings with the staff. Monthly, the training meetings include safety along with care, policy and procedure updates.

What safety features or security measures do you provide to protect residents who wander?

The door to our outside patio is secured; you have to be provided with a code to get in and out. We are constantly monitoring those who may become a little curious and redirect them to proper activity areas.

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Ocala

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Ocala

About Pacifica Senior Living Ocala

Surrounded by Ocala National Forest, Rainbow Springs State Park, and Halpata Tastanaki Preserve, Pacifica Senior Living Ocala finds its home in the heart of Florida. Our senior living community is located in the quiet community of Ocala with easy access to shopping convinces, only a short block away.

Pacifica Senior Living Ocala promotes a lifestyle which fosters independence, while providing 24 hour assistance when necessary. With a highly trained, dedicated staff of professionals, we enable residents to choose the service package that suits them best. As individual’s health needs change, residents are able to stay in comfortable, familiar surroundings where they can obtain the support and assistance that they may require.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Ocala