Brookdale Pinecastle

1801 SE 24th Road, Ocala, FL, 34471

Reviews of Brookdale Pinecastle

February 16, 2016

By Visitor457

I’ve toured Brookdale Pinecastle. They have a lot of different activities, so it was very active. The arrangement of the little apartment that they showed us was OK. It was well lit, clean, and comfortable, but the closet was in a weird place. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

December 29, 2015

By Loving Son4

Brookdale Pinecastle (formerly Chambrel at Pinecastle) has the largest facility and their prices are reasonable compared to the others. It's very nice, very pleasant, and clean. The staff is very good. My wife and I have eaten there a couple of times with my parents. The food is excellent, but the servers are slow. My dad is on oxygen and in a wheelchair and sometimes has to wait unreasonable amounts of time to be served. My mother participates in a lot of their activities, but my dad can't because of his physical condition. Our overall experience has been extremely good.

June 29, 2015

We were able to visit Brookdale Pinecastle, and the staff was very helpful. They were also very interactive and caring with the residents. The facility was very clean and very well appointed. The apartments were very nice and spacious. I wasn’t able to taste the food, but the dining room is very nice. It's very clean and very homey. It reminded me of a hotel restaurant. With regards to their activities, they seemed to have quite a bit going on. When we were there, in one room, they had a pastor who was conducting a religious service, and in the other room they had someone who is singing along with the residents. Overall, it was very favorable.

May 24, 2015

My dad was in Brookdale Pinecastle. It was very nice. The rooms were fairly large. Everything was clean and tidy. The people all seemed happy. The dining room was very nice. He said the food was very good, and the people were very caring.

April 19, 2015

My mother is in Brookdale Pinecastle. It is very nice. My first impression though is that the carpet, paint, and some of the upkeep is a bit dingy. However, the staff is very nice and very helpful.

April 09, 2015

By Eileen25

Brookdale Pinecastle was beautiful facility. It was like the Hilton Hotel. All of their staff was very friendly. They were there a little over a year and I think we knew everyone. It was nice. They had 5-star restaurants and they could come and go as they pleased, but it got to the point where they needed more care than that. We are not at all unhappy, they just needed more care and we needed to get them in the right place. They did a good job.

October 08, 2014

I liked the condition of the apartments at Chambrel. They’re very bright, very clean, and Chambrel is very good at making modifications for me based on my needs. The one I chose was a one-bedroom apartment, and it was a little bit bigger than what I expected. In addition, it offered a full kitchen which was very useful. I liked all of the social activities that they have. In the area of religious services, they offer a rosary and a mass every week. They also offer bus service to the churches on Sundays and that was attractive to me. They have a Bingo group and a crocheting group which my mother would be interested in. They invited me to lunch, and I had a wonderful fish dinner, it was very good. Mother will like it.

August 28, 2014

By CaringMan0009090

Chambrel at Pinecastle was a nice place. It was very clean and well-maintained. They have senior living, nursing home, and Alzheimer's care, which were good. However, the apartments were small. They had everything we were looking for except for the size of the apartments. Nevertheless, food was very good. The restaurant-style arrangement was very good. Also the staff and the facilities were very good.

August 28, 2014

By Carrie14

I thought Chambrel at Pinecastle was wonderful. I loved the facility. The staff, I can't remember her name, but she was informative and helped tremendously. She understood that her facility might not be the right fit, but she talked to us, showed us the facility, followed up with me, and even when my grandmother was placed in a different facility, she still followed up just to check if my grandmother was adjusting there. I thought the room she showed was just for an individual, I don't think it was for a shared accommodation and it was spacious for an individual person. It had side kitchenette and I thought it even had a balcony. I made you feel like you were in your own apartment, rather than an assisted living facility.

July 31, 2014

By cashasko

Chambrel at Pinecastle was very nice. The rooms had several options from which to choose. They have a pool in the backyard available for residents. Everybody seemed extremely satisfied and friendly. We had lunch there. The food was excellent.

April 26, 2014

By Sandy32

We love it here at Chambrel at Pinecastle. I had made a deposit at the other facility, down on I-441 in The Villages, and we got our money back the minute I came back up here. There was no question, none whatsoever. This is fabulous. We looked at seven different assisted living in the area. I definitely wanted to go to the other facility, but once I came up here and looked in Ocala, there was no turning back. I knew the minute that I walked in here. The highlight here is the square footage of the room. It has very nice windows, and we’re on the second floor. I’ve got 1100 square feet and it’s fabulous. For the same amount of money I was going to pay at the other facility, there I was going to get 564 square feet. I find no problem here. When we have a life alert, they’re here. The staff is very friendly. At least 85 to 95 percent of them are very friendly.

January 30, 2014

By sarah23

I was recently in town and dropped in for a surprise visit to a dear friend of mine at Chambrel. My friend is very happy with the care she receives from the nurses and aides. Everyone was smiling and the place was very clean! While she was showing me around the building she stopped to talk to a young and introduced him to me as her Doctor. She said he was a new in-house doctor and she was very pleased with his care. I was impressed that such a young doctor was bringing house visits back like it used to be in the old days. I was very happy with everything I saw while visiting my friend. I feel better knowing she is in good hands.

January 24, 2014

By Kathy70301950

My husband and I live in Chambrel at Pinecastle. We are very happy here. The attendants, all of the aides, and the nurses are very helpful and compassionate The staff is excellent. The apartments are the largest in the area. They all have kitchens with full-sized refrigerator, dishwasher, and stove. No one really cooks, we may heat up some things, not really cook, but we could if we wanted to. The kitchen was a factor to why we chose this facility. The apartment, especially the bedroom, was large enough for our furniture and we could bring our favorite pieces that wouldn't have fit in the other facilities. And, they accept cats, so we were able to bring our kitties and that was really important. The food is so good. It is restaurant style, so you have an extensive choice and it's all very good. The other thing that is nice and a little different is that dining is from 7am to 6:30pm, so you're not restricted on when you eat. We have Bingo every day, computer classes, all kinds of card games, a non-denominational Sunday service, and a lot of community activities where the residents can get together. One of the best qualities about it is that it doesn't seem institutionalized. There's a lot of land, the trees are all mature, and there's a little lake in front with a walking path and park benches around that is used by a lot of people every day.

December 28, 2013

By Bridgette1

I love the cleanliness of Chambrel at Pinecastle. The staff are super nice and friendly. It's just upscale and yet it was the cheapest one that we found for my mom. It's really nice and they are remodeling everything. I can't think of one bad thing to say about them. Their room was brand new. It's perfect. They have a lot of activities, but my mother just won't participate in any of them. They have hay rides, they go out to dinner, and to the grocery store. They will take to a doctor or you can use your doctor. Wednesday night, they had a family Christmas party where they invited the families of the people there. The experience has been great.

November 30, 2013

By Pat38

This place is horrible. I was shown a studio apartment and my mom thinks the rooms were small. The place was depressing. It did not look clean to me. The woman who showed me around was very pushy and condescending. I also found that aside from the price, they also have a whole lot of hidden fees. Everything that you want to add on has a price. I would not recommend anybody to go there.

October 30, 2013

By Dolores7

Chambrel at Pinecastle was a lovely facility. The staff when we visited the place was wonderful. Everything was perfect except for the residents. They were just walking around like a bunch of zombies. They were walking to the lunch room and usually when you come to lunch, you sit with your friends and talk, but they were not talking. They just ate there and that's it. It thought that was very strange. Nobody was doing anything. Their activity room is empty. I don't want to go there.

September 30, 2013

By Grace15

I choose Chambrel at Pinecastle for my mom because it is more of an apartment rather than a nursing home and I like how the apartment looks. They keep it clean and new looking and the environment is very nice. The food is good. The rooms are nice and spacious enough. The staff is helpful. They have lots of activities available. My mom likes it there and she's satisfied with the care that they are giving her. I guess they can improve on giving more personal care. I would recommend them to others.

September 12, 2013

By Sherry18

It was beautiful. The apartments were fantastic. They had super chefs. They even had a golf course. However, they were very expensive.

September 11, 2013

By Millie2

Chambrel at Pinecastle was one of my choices but my husband did not like it that much. It did not look like an institution at all. They had a nice room for us if we decided to move in. The entrance was nice with a water pond and they also had a swimming pool.

July 11, 2013

By Sandy18

Chambrel at Pinecastle was privately-owned so they did not accept Medicaid. The staff who showed me around was pleasant and we had a wonderful lunch. I liked it because it was airy and they seemed interested with each one of the residents. They had restaurant-style dining room and it was absolutely pristine and lovely. The rooms were bright and spacious. I would actually consider getting a two bedroom for my mom and me. It was not high-end but it was very well-done. It would be better if they add Medicaid.

May 29, 2013

By Susan46

I found Chambrel at Pinecastle through Caring.com for my father. I chose this facility because it wasn't too far and it's within my price range. They have the kind of care that she needed at that time. They have a TV room. The facility with their lobby and all is really nice. People there are very warm and caring.

March 29, 2013

By Diane15

Chambrel at Pinecastle was an excellent place to live. Everything was just perfect. The apartments and activity areas were clean. The food seemed delicious. I was also impressed by the staff.

December 22, 2012

By Senioradvocate1

Every time we (my family) walked in to the facility we were very kindly greeted and they would take all of our information for the security of there patients. The nursing assistants where very caring and gentle which meant a lot to our family. They do a very good job of creating a safe enjoyable environment for our elderly, because of the size of the facility they can walk trails around nice ponds and enjoy having lots of room inside the facility. They have all levels of ALF care and I had a good experience while my great-grandmother was staying in that facility. Furthermore Every facility is going to have its lazy workers which there was definitely a few at this facility but the pros outweigh the cons. I would recommend this facility to someone in the Ocala area that is looking to put a loved one in an ALF...

October 30, 2012

By Kataflina

I thought the staff at this facility were very well educated and mannered. I did feel as if all of the residents were not treated equally and it breaks my heart. As with all ALF's there are those residents who do not receive visits from family or friends and they are the poor individuals who are mistreated and not properly cared for. I feel the facility itself could be kept cleaner. I knows it's Florida, but that does not excuse loose sand and dirt on the floor of the entrance.

August 20, 2012

By littlehelper

While I was there seeing my friend I notice the facility was very clean, everyone was nice and helpful. There seemed to be things to do and a very kind place to visit. The parking lot had spaces unlike other places I have been. I would recommend this place to other people if i was asked. it is very nice to see a place like this as many places have such a bad rap in how they treat the people staying there. The main reason I would recommend this place is how much I saw the attention to the health of each individual person that was staying there, most times people are ignored but not here everyone seems to be a top priority to each and every nurse on duty. My friend that I see there has nothing but great things to say even down to the food that is served even though he has special needs.

August 16, 2012

By BeenThereSam

We went into several places down there. Chambrel outranked them 10 to 1. The apartment layout, the accessibility to the dining room, everything fit into place for my friend. She's very happy! The staff were very friendly. We've been on a tour before and the last time that we were down there, the lady that took us around knew every client and called them by name. They were not strangers to the people that lived there. It shows that they personally know each resident and that they give them individualized care.

January 24, 2012

By zeetaa

This facility at Chambrel at Pinecastle is developed to provide an atmosphere of a real home. Quality of life is really fascinating and facilities provided are extremely awesome. Life is given an ample chance to nourish and flourish here. Room features, nursing and hospitalization facilities are quite nice. All residents are provided a fair chance to enjoy life with full perks and privileges. To provide an environment of friendship and love, group activities are a regular feature. Events are planned to ensure maximum participation by all. Staff employed is very caring and extremely professional. Staff is found committed day and night to fulfill their duty and make the facility comfortable for the residents. Basic amenities of life are available at door step and health is regarded to be the prime aim of Chambrel at Pinecastle. All residents are free to undertake activities at their own will and wish thus creating a sense of freedom and better management.Overall, it is an excellent outfit.

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Pinecastle

• French
  • Spanish

• Licenses: ALF License

About Brookdale Pinecastle

Brookdale Pinecastle provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our apartments are among the largest apartments in the area. Both our Independent Living and Assisted Living offer full kitchens in most apartments.

Map of Brookdale Pinecastle