Brookdale Paddock Hills

1601 SE 24th Road, Ocala, FL, 34471

Reviews of Brookdale Paddock Hills

Bonnie109210850 August 09, 2015

The staff was attentive at Brookdale Paddock Hills (Emeritus at Ocala East). The safety concerns were also a priority for them. The food was good. The rooms were small, but they were adequate and clean. They had a nice entertainment area. They had church services, ball exercises, chair exercises, and bingo. What impressed me most about the facility was the cost.

Caring110502150 July 29, 2015

We found Brookdale for my mother-in-law. What we liked most about it was the attentiveness of the care. The attitude of the staff was very positive. They were very accommodating. We had some feedback from some of the patients that were there, and that was positive as well. The room was semi-private and recently refurbished, and they were installing an additional wall to accommodate us. We had not tasted the food, but according to the patients, the food was very good. She would be going there on Friday, and she would be evaluated for 30 days.

In the memory care section, the activities were numerous in terms of types of section they had on a daily basis. The programs seemed to be very well laid out and planned. They seemed to be accommodating in terms of specific needs for my mother-in-law. She needed some assistance in the morning; they could accommodate that. My wife and I believed that she would not stay in memory care; she would go in the general population. I thought they were really bending over backwards to accommodate us.

Caring102580450 December 05, 2014

I visited a friend at Emeritus. I thought it was nice and pleasant. There were a lot of people going down the halls. Last year at Thanksgiving, they had the inside decorated with the colors of Halloween and potted plants a,pmg others. It was very cheerful-looking. The workers in the place were very nice and more cheerful than you’d expect. She showed me a room with a little place where you could cook, a little place for your TV, and a bathroom, but it was just one room.

mommiesgirloo7 October 22, 2014

I visited this Community last month. I have been on the search for assisted living for my mother for several months. My brother and myself had a wonderful,informative experience. We have now visited 6 assisted livings in total. I have spoken to the same admissions persin each time. Often she called us to check on mom. I do not live in the Fl area and will say this, the facility is smaller,homelike, friendly and the people that live there all said they were happy! I could have.moved my Mother in a more spacious attractive place,but when you speak or walk into this facility it feels safe and attentive. This will be moms new home very soon.

Caring94635750 September 29, 2014

He moved in the end of June. We think that it’s a great place. The people are nice. The place is clean. They have lots of activities. They have a calendar they put out every month. They have parties and picnics on Memorial Day and Labor Day. They’ve got bingo, live music, ice cream socials every week, and a bus that takes them to the stores. The rooms are decent sized. It’s very inexpensive compared to a lot of them -- I do know that too -- and that’s what we were looking for because he doesn’t have a lot of money. We don’t have any problems at all.

Carrie14 August 28, 2014

I liked Emeritus East. I was just concerned with the activities. I wanted my grandmother to have enough activities. However, we went on a weekend, I knew they had not as many activities on weekends. It would have been a better fit for my grandmother because it might have fewer amenities, but it was more home-like. The also had nice environment. However, the person who gave us the tour didn't normally do it, so I couldn't have some information on some of my questions that day.

Caring72060050 July 30, 2014

We liked what we saw at Emeritus at Ocala East. The rooms were good, but not exciting. The hospitality they have was warm and wonderful, but we expect that because we are their prospective clients. The food was very good, but we find them a little pricey.

Caring87630150 June 26, 2014

I noticed Emeritus was very clean and there was no smell. The people are very cordial. It's very pretty, neat, and tidy. I saw one of the rooms, and I saw the dining room, and they were also very inviting. I noticed it was very pretty in there.

Caring84502550 January 31, 2014

I didn’t like Emeritus at Ocala East because there was something about it. It looked like a converted motel turned into a senior citizen home. It just didn’t work out for me. I just saw somebody singing in their activity room. All in all it didn’t appeal to me.

Florence6 January 18, 2014

One of the reasons why we choose Emeritus for my son is the mobility to home. The staff is helpful and friendly. He has a private room. It is not top of the line, but it is fair. I think the food is bland and I don't actually like it. They have activities like bingo. They do take trips and they go on shopping. Everything seems to be going well and they seem to be doing a good job with him. It is a homey place and my son is happy. I will recommend them to others.

B Howard2 December 31, 2013

We were very impressed with Emeritus. It was an upscale facility. It was clean and it had a large staff.

Bridgette1 December 28, 2013

We visited Emeritus at Ocala East and it was horrible. It was more expensive and it stunk. The kitchen was kind of pitiful looking. If somebody marked up the wall, they painted it but the pain didn’t match. The carpet room was dirty. The carpet was dirty in the hallway. It was just really pitiful. I wouldn’t put my worst enemy in it. The person who took us around, it was like she had never done it before. She was nervous.

Lynn22 December 01, 2013

Emeritus at Ocala East is a small facility. I have a friend that lives there and he is very comfortable. The staff is very pleasant and there are always tons of people. The rooms are small, but very nice. They have a new van that takes people everywhere which is great.

buggaboo October 11, 2013

I called in and asked for some information on moving my mother into assisted living. To be honest I was lost! I spoke to a young lady by the name Caresa very pleasent and answered my questions. She invited mom and myself for lunch that same day and offered to show us around. The food was wonderful . Staff passing during our tour was friendly. We felt very comfortable talking with caresa. All the residents i spoke to were very happy.

Nici1 September 20, 2013

I have my mom in Emeritus at East. She has been there since May. She loves it there. She has an apartment that is perfect for her. She also loves the food. My mom is just as happy as she can be. The staff there is as good as it gets and I like them. I also like the residents that live there. Emeritus has plenty of activities for them. There are residents around the community all the time. They don't just stay in their rooms. They would sit outside under the portico and they seem to enjoy themselves. We're very happy with this facility.

Nancy55569050 August 14, 2013

One of the things that Emeritus impresses me with is that they have five levels of care when others only have three. My dad is in level four and they told us what care he would get under that level of care. They were very kind and patient. They answer all of my questions when I did the tour. They show the rooms to my dad and they are very patient in talking to him aloud because he was deaf and he is not wearing any hearing aid. They understood the situation that my dad is 95 and he wasn't able to take care of himself any longer. My dad has a short-term dementia and they had more understanding on it as they also have a dementia unit. They place my dad under the assisted living section and they sit down with us and discuss finances. I also like that they have a pendant that the residents can wear around your neck and the can push the button and it will alert the front desk and all of the staff. They made adjustment on the cost to accommodate the amount of money that he had. They try to accommodate him to make him feel more like at home. I am also impressed that they have food choices and if the residents don't like the food choices, they will bring them what they want to eat.

Sandra31 July 25, 2013

Our connection with Emeritus at Ocala East is not that very good, but it's more of my feeling. I have nothing negative to say about them. I think they are a very caring community. Their food is very good. If I have a concern for my husband, they addressed it immediately so I have no negative complaints about them.

Caring 3160 April 16, 2013

I was able to visit the Emeritus at Ocala East. The people in charge were not there. It was their maintenance man who showed me a one-bedroom apartment. He was very nice, but he really doesn't know anything about the prices and could not offer any information. He also told me that someone would call be back, but no one did. My husband did not like the place at all. It was dark and very depressing.

Diane15 March 29, 2013

I didn't really like Emeritus at Ocala East. The rooms were dimly lit and shabby. The food was not appealing at all.

Snowlady59 December 12, 2012

My mom is there, place is clean and cute halls that look like a street ... Mom is happy there

Bob6 June 06, 2012

Emeritus is a good choice for my mom. It's very near her doctor and the place is very clean and the people are very nice. The rooms are adequate for her. I personally would like them a bit larger though. The environment is very much into nature with trees and very relaxing. We are still in the decision making process but Emeritus definitely is one of our top choices.

Bettye Liberty February 19, 2012

Very impressed with Ocala East. All staff very friendly. Carissa, Zulie, and Tony are wonderful, caring, and sensitive people. Because of my contact with them, I feel very at ease leaving my precious mother at Emeritus at Ocala East.

I am impressed with the variety of activities for their residents.

Great place.

Dorothy A November 01, 2011

I worked as a home health nurse for many years and had several residents that I visited at this facility. All of the residents that I cared for were very pleased with their home, and the staff and care provided. My mother is now moving to this facility, and we have been very impressed with the cleanliness, in-depth assessment of individual needs, and the caring attitude from all of the staff. All of our questions have been answered promptly and extensively.

Caring445523 September 24, 2011

I find Emeritus East a clean, cheerful facility with a wholesome atmosphere. And more than that, all the staff and employees are super friendly and helpful in my time of need. It didn't take long to decide that this is where I want my husband to be taken care of. I have the utmost confidence that he will be.

From Brookdale Paddock Hills

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #7428