The Waterford at Oakwood

4251 Hudson Drive, Oakwood, GA, 30566

Reviews of The Waterford at Oakwood

LindyDB August 17, 2015

Did not receive the level of care for which we were charged. Very understaffed, and the staff is untrained. Very clean and well maintained facility, but it is not "assisted living." Looks can be deceiving. Too many problems to list for the two months we were there.

Caring107751150 May 28, 2015

We've placed mom at The Waterford at Oakwood's memory care unit. The place is 17 years old, but it's very well maintained. She has a nice private room. It’s a 12x12 room with a private bath that has a walk-in shower. They do laundry, meals, and cleaning. They have activities, and they have a courtyard that they can go out in. They have an exercise program, and the other day, they had a Mother's Day tea. The reason why we chose it was because they had more residents in the memory care, so they have a more active program.

Doreen3 January 09, 2015

I chose The Waterford as it is not real big, but it’s very clean. It’s very well-organized, and for what I’m getting, I think it’s one of the better places. The rooms almost look like a little hotel room; it was perfect in size, and it has a very large bathroom, two closets, and a refrigerator.

They do have a garden area, they have bird feeders, they have a front porch for people, and one of the things I very like about it is they have an area there were they watch movies, pop popcorn, and play card games.

The staff has been wonderful and helpful; they talk with my dad and make sure he is happy. The food is very good. My dad loves different things all the time, and they have another menu that if you don’t like something that they’re serving you can order from a wider range of different things. My dad moved in and immediately acclimated, so he has been doing great.

Caring95227750 June 30, 2014

The Waterford [Peachtree Plantation] was nice. It was very clean, and everything was really organized. It was a very comfortable and calm place. We went down the hallway to the person we were visiting, and we went to her room. There were very nice sized rooms and very organized. It was very well lit, very nice, and the walls were earth tone colored. The carpet was very nice. Everything was very clean, and there was a lot of clothing space. She had a nice sized bed, her own TV, and a table. She could basically live a normal life. I thought they called the layout an artist style studio, and you didn't have to share it with anyone. Everyone there was very friendly. When we showed up, it was a little after five o'clock, and it was on a week night, and there weren't a whole lot of people around, but we had to go to the desk and sign in, and we could see there were one of two staff members walking on the hallways checking on people to see if anyone needed them. When we walked by, they asked us how we were doing. They were very cordial with us, and it was very nice.

The person we visited is extremely picky, very OCD, and very particular. She's been there for over two months, and she likes it a lot. It didn't smell like old people, unlike the other places we've been to. It was really cool. They were also helping the people who were staying there. They helped them get set up on new medication. They take them to doctor's appointments. The take them out to lunches and dinners. They were very good. I would recommend them, definitely.

Caring3352 June 26, 2014

I like Waterford (Peachtree Plantation) a lot. It is a lot bigger than what my aunt had before. She has a little apartment with a screened-in porch. It is carpeted. It has a bathroom, a refrigerator, a kitchen sink, and microwave. It is much cheaper than where she was before. They have a lot of different activities. She participates in everything they do, i.e., bingo, Trivial Pursuit. The staff is very hands-on. They check on her every couple of hours. They also have a doctor on call and a nurse there 24/7.

Karen75241350 November 26, 2013

We put my mom in The Waterford of Oakwood (Peachtree Plantation). We chose this one probably for the location and the size of it. So far, my mom likes the people there. Also the staff that I met so far are quite good actually. With regards to food, the couple of times I've eaten there, it was good. Mom is not really happy with it though because she can't have salt or sugar and she has to count her carbs. This is something they could improve on as far as being able to meet dietary needs of their clients.

My mom has been there for six weeks now and we had no problem at all with regards to its sanitation. As far as activities go, they have bingo and flower arrangements. They would also have a doctor that come in once a month for like an Alzheimer's support group. I was also there one night and they had a magician there. They also just had a fall festival.

jeff66 February 03, 2013

For the price paid I would expect more care. My cousin has gone down hill fast since living there. Just not somewhere that I would recommend.

Caring852 July 27, 2012

My aunt passed away but she's been to Peachtree Plantation. She had a fractured pelvis. It was not easy for her. She had to recuperate for a quite sometime. But despite all the hardship that she went through, I can still remember how special they treat her in the facility. She had a particular person who's taking care of her and she was really happy because she's been taken care very well. This is a great place.

From The Waterford at Oakwood

Pave the way to a carefree life when choosing to reside at The Waterford at Oakwood with today's most desired amenities and thoughtful features. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our Assisted Living and Memory Care residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. The Waterford provides care that allows residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive community. We feature a full calendar of activities and social programs so residents have a rewarding lifestyle. Residents enjoy regular off-site outings, Bible study groups, wellness lectures and seminars. Our apartment homes come in a variety of flexible floor plans. Select apartments feature screened-in porches where residents can sit outside on nice days and sip on a hot cup of tea while enjoying the natural beauty of their surroundings. At mealtimes, residents can get together with neighbors and enjoy chef-inspired meals served a la carte for casual dining experiences. The Waterford's convenient access to multiple interstates means residents have access to a plethora of shopping, dining and entertainment venues in Gainesville, just 15 minutes away.

Features of The Waterford at Oakwood

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 7
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 50

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): PCH008341