Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

2361 E 29th St, Oakland, CA, 94606

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

Susan116636350 November 22, 2015

I visited Pacifica Senior Living. It was wonderful and seemed absolutely fabulous. I started to fantasize in my mind that I could afford it; then, I came down to reality and realized that my retirement would not be enough. They were very efficient and set up an appointment for me. There was a guy who called us and did a follow-up. They were great and really tried to make us feel so welcome. I wished I had a lot of money so I could go there. There were two bathrooms, one fitted-out for a disabled person. There weren't any stairs, so we would not have to walk up and down. There was a separate living quarters for independent living across the street from the facility. It was much nicer than it had to be and roomy. The buses were taking people here and there. There was a rose garden to sit in. Everybody was kind. The food and all-inclusive meals looked great.

Donald S. November 08, 2015

Oakland Heights Memory Care was OK. Their accommodations and activities were very good. The staff is very accommodating and very nice.

Caring114483450 October 28, 2015

We did find respite care for my mother at Pacifica Oakland Heights. We just did a tryout, because they're the only one that allowed us three days. My mother stayed there for three days. The staff was wonderful. They were very open and receptive to hearing what we would like to see at our next day. However, I would like to see that medication management is better watched. Nevertheless, they were very open to us coming and seeing the place, and they worked with our schedule. Like I said, they're the only one that allows a long weekend for respite as opposed to a two-week or one-month stay as a respite.

Caring daughter29 October 28, 2015

My mother has been in Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights going on three weeks. It's an old building, but it looks nice and is secluded right in the city. It's independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing all in one. However, we had some problems with the service, i.e., giving medicine to her on time, and the food is horrible. The grounds are great, but they'll be better because they're undergoing a major remodeling. She has very nice, two connecting rooms. There was a couple of really good people and a couple that aren't very good on-staff.

Caring95151750 October 03, 2014

Pacifica has a homey setting, a wonderful staff, and is extremely caring. The thing that I like about it is that it’s full service. It has every level of care, independent, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing. My mother is in Pacifica as well as my brother for a short time. The surroundings are quite lovely; they have gardens and the seniors that live there actually can tend to the gardens. It’s very peaceful because it backs up to a reservoir area. It’s like a little gated village. It’s a little run down in places, but the interior is in really good shape. The rooms are modest; they are small, but then an advantage is my mother can’t lose things easily. They had wide choices in the menu, fruits all day every day, and tea and coffee as you want it. There are pianos in various part of the community. They had fun entertainment, hula dancers once, and a banjo player. They had a large TV in the common area so people can go there and watch. They have bridge club, arts and crafts, and they actually do rehab right on site so that’s another advantage.

kfp June 20, 2012

When my parent was in the assisted living unit the care was generally good, but had begun to be less than great with their staffing cuts. Now my parent is in the skilled nursing unit, and though some nurses are nice, the aides are not very well trained or just are not very interested. We've noticed that our parent has been wearing the exact same clothes several days in a row, despite our having provided many alternate outfits! The other factor is that many of the aides who feed those residents who can't self- feed talk and laugh with each other and ignore the residents, including letting food they could not swallow drip onto their face and clothing--this has happened on multiple visits.

We are disappointed to hear this review. We do not condone this behavior and we will immediately address the situations outlined with our staff. We are committed to providing the highest level of person-centered care to our residents, without exception, and our staff has received extensive training in how to deliver that experience.

It is relevant to note we have not made staff cuts. Rather, we have restructured our scheduling to improve the consistency of care provided at our community. It is highly important for us to learn how these schedule changes have had an impact on the level of care provided, and we would be grateful to have further conversations with the reviewer about this. Please know our administrative team is available at all times to address concerns identified by any resident or family member.

From Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

Welcome to Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights, our beautiful and friendly community of quality caregivers, well trained professionals, and most importantly, satisfied residents. Located in San Francisco Bay Area, Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights offers a full spectrum of independent living, assisted living and memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring and experienced staff.

We are proud of the outstanding reputation we’ve earned in the Bay Area, a reputation built on strong values, a solid work ethic and the best care and outside medical services available. At Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights, you will enjoy retirement lifestyle provided in a stunning setting; a lifestyle rich with services, amenities and endless possibilities.

Lobby:

Newly remodeled elegant and inviting lobby. Please come by today, we would love to meet you!

Bistro:

Our elegant and inviting Bistro, where residents enjoy reading daily periodicals and enjoy a cup of coffee and a fresh baked goody!

Sun room:

Our media and sun rooms where our residents can relax and enjoy the lovely view.

Bedroom:

Our spacious and inviting one bedroom apartment with sitting area and comfortable oversized chair.

Enjoy coffee or tea in your spacious newly remodeled one bedroom apartment!

Library:

Warm and inviting library and comfortable oversized chairs.

Exercise room:

Exercise room with state of the art machines and air conditioning. Enjoy working out and staying fit in style!

Movie theatre:

Movie theatre with daily entertainment. To see our movie selection, please review our monthly newsletter.

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Oakland Heights

• Tagalog

• 24-hour security gate

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: On-call 24/7

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pets: No pets allowed