Mercy Retirement & Care Center

3431 Foothill Blvd., Oakland, CA, 94601

Reviews of Mercy Retirement & Care Center

cortezbred December 29, 2011

I prefer more outdoor area and a protestant sponsor.

emc2 November 17, 2011

They gave me a tour at this facility and the things that I noticed were the staffs, they're all very welcoming; the place, it's very clean and carpeted; the food, delicioso; and the amenities, it's like WOW!! I highly recommend Mercy Retirement and Care Center, visit their site and schedule a tour now.

DrJames'Corner August 01, 2011

Mercy Retirement & Care Center is connected to the Catholic church. It offers assisted living and skilled nursing--and I know it because I referred a patient there from the hospital where I work. I've also visited it.

It's an older building, well kept up. The rooms are very nice--private--and there are different floor plans to choose from. And it's centrally located in a safe part of Oakland, close to shops and restaurants, with easy access to public transportation.

There's 24-hour care even in assisted living, and the staff is very welcoming and friendly. They're also well-trained. They have ongoing lectures, training, workshops.

They have all types of activities: sing-alongs, Catholic mass, group trivia, art, crossword puzzles, exercise class. And the food is good--three balanced meals a day prepared by a licensed chef.

From Mercy Retirement & Care Center

Situated on a lush campus in Oakland, California, Mercy Retirement & Care Center provides assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing services to meet a variety of health care needs. Established in 1872, Mercy Retirement & Care Center was founded on a deep sense of faith, dignity and compassion. Today, we continue this tradition through our dedication to caring for every aspect of physical, emotional and spiritual wellness. .

Assisted Living

Our assisted living community is secure and welcoming. The services we offer allow seniors to maintain as much independence as possible while providing assistance with everyday activities. Services are personalized to meet each individual’s needs.

Memory Care

We believe in celebrating the dignity and individuality of each of our residents. Our innovative memory care program, based on the I’m Still Here™ philosophy, is designed to enrich the lives of seniors with dementia and Alzheimer’s. We strive to engage residents with meaningful activities, while providing 24-hour quality care services..

Our community offers panoramic views of the Oakland Hills and San Francisco Bay. Secure courtyards and patios let residents and their families enjoy beautiful outdoor spaces, and a variety of activities and exercise classes keep residents engaged and active. Community members also enjoy trips to local museums, restaurants and sporting events.

Features of Mercy Retirement & Care Center