Brookdale Oak Park Assisted Living

Reviews of Brookdale Oak Park | Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.0

March 01, 2014

Holley Court Terrace was one of the ones that I would consider. I think it was a very nice facility. I'm very familiar with it and I have been there a number of times. The location is very good. There are residents there that I know. Their facilities were very attractive and very nice. It was a very attractive building and it was nicely decorated. What I found most attractive there was the number of common rooms that they have so that one doesn't have a feeling at least being in an apartment where you're isolated from everybody. They did have a number of events to which I had been invited. The people there were very nice. The price was attractive, too. The food was very good. They did have a restaurant and good food service. The accommodation was attractive and nice. However, the problem with all of them was that they seemed very compact.

December 23, 2013

I've been in Holley Court Terrace for two years now. It's very solidly built and it has the potential to be a perfectly gorgeous building. I believe that everybody involve is well-meaning. Potentially, it could be extraordinary. But right now, it's not. It's horrible. We are in a lockdown because three very sick people were told by the staff to stay in their apartments, but they went into the dining room and we're now under lockdown. I fortunately have a beautiful unit here and I'm self-sustaining. I'm spending extra money to supplement the food. The food has dropped. The CEO is well-meaning and is probably new. And I'm sure he doesn't even know this, but the staff are totally untrained in strategy, business, creating images, and getting things done. It's not that they're bad people. The executive director's door is closed, which is against Brookdale rules, and she seems to come in late and go home early and look bewildered. At this moment, I would not recommend it. I would not ask any of my friends to come here if three sick women, who are not senile, disobeyed orders and went into the dining room. Also, there's a tremendous amount of bullying. Right now, it's very frustrating for me. I won't recommend it. Big no. But down the road, I would check again.

May 09, 2012

By commercesd

We went to check out the Holley Court Terrace assisted living facility for an acquaintance looking for his aunt. The building was well kept and reminded us of a nicely appointed condo facility. There was lush greenery surrounding it, with seating areas. The patio areas also had barbeques where they have hosted and private parties. The staff greeted us and agreed to show us around, despite not having an appointment. The front desk was like a hotel -- with very friendly people. There were fresh flowers in the waiting area. The shared communal areas all had activities occurring, from reading to games and socializing. The residents appeared to be enjoying themselves. Outings and scheduled events include casual and fine dining, cultural venues, films and theater in the community and Chicago region. They also host parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend. The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks. The restaurant provides a fine dining experience, with views of nearby Chicago's gorgeous skyline. The living suites were all a nice size with plenty of fresh air and light. Each unit had individually controlled temperatures and very large windows. The full kitchens were really nice, as was the more than ample closet space. In all, this is a well designed facility with caring and attentive staff, where the needs of the seniors are handled well, while providing the dignity of personal freedom.

Let Us Search For You

• Diabetic
    • Low Salt

• Spanish

About Brookdale Oak Park

Brookdale Oak Park provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Oak Park