Belmont Village Oak Park

1035 Madison Street, Oak Park, IL, 60302

Reviews of Belmont Village Oak Park

April 17, 2015

By Lee22

I chose Belmont Village because it specializes in memory care, and my father has been diagnosed with dementia. The rooms are nice. Both my parents are there, and my mother complains that there is not a lot of variety of food. Basically, it is the same menu every day except for one special that changes. The portions are small, but they do get three meals a day. They have a shuttle van that takes them to doctor appointments and to various local stores. There are three things that I like about them. First, the memory care because if his condition deteriorates, they have a separate floor and activities which not all places have. Second, I can get there by public transportation. Third, I like that it looks smaller. It is not a huge place, so I am hoping that it will give them a little bit more personalized care, and they do have a nurse on staff 24 hours a day on every floor.

April 16, 2015

By karenv

When my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease 6 years ago, I began to think forward to the time when she would no longer be able to live on her own. Unfortunately, it was evident this past summer that she was no longer safe living independently, nor could she keep up with the responsibilities of home maintenance. As a hospice nurse, I had become familiar with the array of assisted living facilities in the area. When posing the question to my peers as to where they would have their loved ones live, Belmont Village of Oak Park was mentioned over and over again. From my first phone call I knew that Belmont was special and the ideal place for Mom to begin her new life. All of my questions were answered thoroughly, and preparing for Mom’s move was done with precision and efficiency.. We were blessed to be guided in the journey by Rollin, who showed us all of the available rooms (numerous times!) until we were able to envision the perfect one for Mom. Upon her move, Mom was immediately enveloped by the compassion and kindness that is the hallmark of the facility. She is in awe of the variety of activities offered, and the way that she feels cared for and loved. She looks and feels better now that she is eating regularly and healthfully, and speaks constantly of the special group of friends who have become like family. I truly have never seen her this happy or stimulated. I feel such a sense of peace knowing that the Belmont Village of Oak Park family has made her life so joyful.

February 28, 2015

I was looking for a place to put my mom where if her money runs out; she will be where Medicaid or Medicare whatever comes next. There are very few places that do that. The ones that are decent, you have to pay big money for. The rooms and apartment here at Belmont Village are gorgeous. It is like living in a hotel. The dining room looked beautiful although I didn't eat there. You can smell what they were cooking, and there were several choices you can pick from every day. It was wonderful. The staff is excellent. In fact, they are still in contact with me. My mom was going to go to a memory care. They are affiliated with the Rush Hospital who was working with all the memory care people there. It was very excellent. I would have taken her there, but the price was way too much for us. I happened to be there one day, and they had just gotten finished watching a video on a penguin. They then went to the kitchen to make cookies from a cookie cutter that was shaped like a penguin. They were going to frost them and eat them at lunch time. They had an art project where they decorate their own penguin which goes on their Monday wall. They kept them going, and it was just beautiful.

February 18, 2015

By Simbasonic

Once you get past the beautiful facade you will find everything they assure you is taken care of you will have to fight for from room furnishings to finding THE nurse, yes ONE nurse for the entire building. Do you know how many times they don't even show up for work and who can blame them? Once they get you on there, it's hard to get a hold of anyone or return your calls. Everyone seems on this giddy high over good food and extracurricular activities, but lacking common sense in geriatric care. My mother has been asking to see their in house doctor for a month and he didn't come. I am getting her out of there ASAP. For that kind of money (they told her to start out with maximum care for 6,000 a month), and all she's gotten is a studio, meals and parties. We could do better on a cruise ship or hotel. I wouldn't even mind the price if I had peace of mind but to have to hire a private nurse on top of this is ridiculous, they should be ashamed of how they misappropriate people's life savings.

We’re sorry that you have not been satisfied with your mother’s care. Our executive director is on-site and available to meet with you to discuss your concerns. I will also send you a private message with the contact information for our regional vice president of operations, if you would like to discuss your concerns directly with her. Our resident care and safety is always our top priority and input from residents and their families is essential in helping us to maintain a high standard of care and service.

January 19, 2015

By Suzanne22

Belmont Village Oak Park is a very pleasant and homey place. I think it is quite adequately staffed. There is a very nice dining room where all the assisted living patients have their meals. They have one or two closed floors for advanced Alzheimer's patients. So those folks stay on their floor, and they have their help there. The staff is very responsive with whatever problems that might arise. I think it is a very good quality place. My husband is in a studio apartment. It is a large room with very nice closet space for his clothes. It has a small kitchenette with a microwave, a sink, and cabinets. He has meals in the dining room, but he does keep snacks in his room. It has a big window with a view. They provide cable TV service, but we brought our own television. There is physical therapy on his floor right across from his room where he exercises regularly. They have bingo three times a week after dinner. During the day they have movies. They have trivia games led by the activities director. They have a lot of musical entertainment. There are a lot of things to enjoy.

October 09, 2013

We went to Belmont Village and we loved it. It was an excellent place. The rooms were very nice, roomy and very spacious. The staff was excellent. They couldn't have been nicer or more nurturing. We ate their food and it was excellent. They had a restaurant-type variety of food that you could order off the menu. The dining room was spacious. They had people come in and entertain for everyone. They did craft activities and they took the residents on trips.

September 21, 2013

A family friend recommended Belmont Village for my mom. It is a nice facility. Very pretty indeed. The accommodations are fine and nice in general. They have activities for their residents, like exercise class. Food is average and palatable. The staff is basically good but many of them are uncaring. Plus, they're short-staffed. Nothing is on time or it would take very long time to get anything straightened out. However, things are being handled. I would have to give them credit for that. They do try hard to meet their clients' needs. Would I recommend this place? If they don't have great need as far as being cared for, yeah, this facility is fine, but for older people, I don't know.

August 13, 2013

By Nancy65389450

Belmont Village is just like a nursing home. My mother didn't like that. There were not enough independent people there for her. It was well-staffed and the people were friendly. They could go outside to their little sitting areas or barbecue areas. It was nice. They had activities like movie nights, bingo, exercises, arts and crafts. They had outings for the residents.

November 28, 2012

By Magdalen Russell

What I liked most about this facility was the friendliness of the staff. They were very pleasant and nice and my mother seemed very happy about the fact that she could talk with them about some of her favorite topics, like cooking and science fiction novels.She could also do some activities and it seemed pleasant for her. She seemed very accustomed to the place and we could also visit her every time we wanted to.It was not like we left here there without visiting it, like we wanted not to have her around us. We visited her every time we wanted.Also, I was satisfied with Belmont Village of Oak Park facility because of its reliability and convenience for everyone. Both me and my husband were satisfied with it and my mother seemed even happier about it. I am really satisfied with this assisted living facility. Everyone is satisfied, the quality of their work is high and the price is very nice!

February 17, 2012

By KeithPatrick4

I have never been in a more impressive assisted living facility. The Belmont Village looked more like a luxury condominium facility than an assisted living space. The hallways and lobby were all ornately decorated. Each hallway had nice furniture to lounge on. My grandfather's room was a bit small but still very nice. The bathroom had brand-new tub, sink, medicine cabinet etc. The large window also let in plenty of light into the space. I thought the staff at Belmont Village were exceptionally friendly. I visited my grandfather frequently at the building and the nurses would frequently check up on him to see if he needed anything. From what I know, he had 24/7 care and could call the front desk to have someone assist him. My only major complaint about the facility was the lack of rooms available to visitors. My grandfather's room wasn't big enough to host more than 2 people. My family had wished on several occasions to spend the evening but couldn't because the building did not have any spare rooms for us to rent.

February 17, 2012

By Yrra

I was at an upscale assisted living care facility for senior citizens today for a job fair I went to. I got a good look around the place, and I have to say, it did seem rather nice. It had a below ground parking garage for visitors use, a very nicely decorated lobby, spacious rec and meeting rooms, a well equipped kitchen with hired chefs, and regular bingo sessions and other activities for the residents. It seemed like a pretty plush joint, likely for the moderately wealthy. Lots of staff were seen walking about, busy on their tasks and every one of the residents I saw seemed reasonably happy to be there. Apparently they even allow pets, as I recall seeing a small dog being walked through one of the parlors to avoid having to go through the crowded lobby and getting overly excited. I can only guess residents get treated very well there and receive good medical attention and care.

January 30, 2012

By Caring201973

I visited Belmont Village at noon on a Saturday and the place was hopping. There were several visitors checking the place out and the dining room looked at full capacity. I was surprised that I could see the dining room when I walked in, but I guess there is nothing wrong with that except that it did seem like they were showcasing their dining room. Overall the facility seems lovely, although a bit congested, but that could have been because it was lunch time and everyone was eating. The lobby is smallish, but nice with a fireplace and comfortable chairs. You can watch residents being served as well as eating from the lobby. The aromas were good and I was impressed with the wait staff calling the residents "honey" and sweetheart" and overall being patient and kind. I spontaneously asked one of the residents how the food was and he told me without hesitation, "good." My tour guide told me that Belmont Village is known for their chef. The receptionist was very nice and offered me a cup of coffee or tea while I waited for my tour. The apartments were also nice, clean and spacious with a lot of closet space. The hallways were immaculate. There are very few two bedroom apartments, but the one bedrooms are large enough for two people. I was told that occasionally couples come together and each get a studio. I did notice in the kitchens that there are no ovens, so residents are encouraged to eat in the dining room. Meals can be delivered to the residents' apartments for free as long as they don't make a habit of it. I was told that there is a resident's council and, like the Oak Park community, very vocal and active. Belmont Village is by no means inexpensive, but is comparable in price to the other assisted living facilities in Oak Park. It did seem that if cost is an issue that the management is willing to work with you. Other amenities include a underground garage and a gated outdoor terrace. There is a separate unit for Alzheimer's patients. One thing that did impress me were the staff. I spoke to several and each was extremely courteous. I would recommend this facility if you can afford it.

Photos of Belmont Village Oak Park

Features of Belmont Village Oak Park

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4535/month

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Licenses: Sheltered Care 0052076

About Belmont Village Oak Park

Belmont Village Oak Park is located in the heart of historic Oak Park, a western suburb of Chicago. Our senior living residents don't have to go far to enjoy all the “Windy City” has to offer. Close to the facility are shops, galleries, places of worship, and RUSH Oak Park Hospital. And when their destination is more than walking distance, free transportation via our own Belmont Village bus is available.

Inside the Belmont Village community, residents and their guests discover an abundance of amenities including elegant areas for gathering, events and entertainment. Residents can also find pleasure in Belmont's signature programs in hospitality, dining, lifelong learning and fitness. The skyline view from the sixth floor is also a comfortable gathering spot for residents and their guests. And those with support needs benefit from one of the best-trained, responsive staffs in senior living.

Experience the Belmont Village Difference
  • Dedicated Memory Care Residences
  • Assistance with daily living
  • Well-trained, dedicated staff
  • Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining
  • Professionally supervised fitness center and wellness programs
  • Physical, occupational and speech therapies available on-site
  • Free scheduled transportation
  • Enrichment programs and social activities
  • Internet and email at the Center for Learning
  • Housekeeping and laundry
  • Private and companion apartments
  • Short-term stays available
Memory Care rate includes the following
(there is an additional fee for enhanced personal care.)
  • Basic Personal Care (activity reminders and stand-by assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and escorts)
  • Three delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style daily in Josephine's Kitchen
  • Licensed Nurse on-site 24 hours a day
  • Regular monitoring of residents' wellness and periodic health assessments
  • Senior-focused social, recreational, educational and gardening activities
  • 24-hour emergency call response system
  • Daily scheduled transportation to nearby shops, physicians' offices or special events
  • Weekly housekeeping, laundering of bed linens and personal laundry
  • Daily trash removal and bed-making
  • All utilities except private telephone
  • Cable TV programming