Waltonwood at Twelve Oaks

27475 Huron Circle, Novi, MI, 48377

Reviews of Waltonwood at Twelve Oaks

Madeline8 June 11, 2014

Waltonwood was a very nice facility. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I thought the rooms were OK. There was nothing special, and they were kind of small. The dining area was very pretty. The residents looked pretty happy.

our.serving.hearts January 11, 2014

My mother was a resident of Waltonwood for over 3 years when she passed away. There was a lot of change in the community up until the last two years of her residency. Although I miss my mom dearly, I couldn't be happier that she was part of the Waltonwood family. The nurse and wellness coordinator worked really hard to make sure that the staff always knew what my mom needed and how to best care for her. The caregivers, exspecially those caring for my mom, were so wonderful to her. The director Holly helped me and my family through the tough transitions as my mom moved onto hospice care and transitioned through the final stages of her dementia. She was a wealth of knowledge and support when it came to how to make the most of my visits with my mom. They have a great house-doctor, Dr. Chellam. There will always be challenges to over come with any facility. But if you are looking to work with a great team of people in providing care for your loved one, you couldn't make a better choice than Walton Wood Twelve Oaks.

No good October 31, 2013

I would not recommend this facility to anyone that is not completely independent and mentally sharp. It is a beautiful facility. However, our mother was there for one month and during that time she fell twice. We constantly had to remind the staff that she was a fall risk and needed assistance to and from meals and activities. Time after time we found our mother walking with her walker without assistance. The first fall she broke her arm which prevented her from using her walker and put her into a wheelchair. The second fall she fractured her tailbone. The distressing part was that when I arrived about 8 eight hours after her fallen she was lying in bed and told me she had not been up since early in the morning when she fell. I asked if she had been up to go to the bathroom and she said had just wet herself. When I asked the staff if she had been up I was told they had been getting her up and taking her to the bathroom. When I attempted to move my mother she could not even turn without severe pain and was completely soaked with urine. I had them call an ambulance had her taken to the hospital. This facility looks nice but the staff do not care about the residents. They spend most of their time outside not on floor where they belong.

Nancy64328650 July 11, 2013

Waltonwood at Twelve Oaks was a big facility and it looked nice on the outside. My mom stayed there for a month before I pulled her out. When she was there, she fell and they did not tell us or call us about it. They did not even know she fell because they just found her, they were not watching her. They did not make sure she ate well because she lost weight in one month. My mom was 178lbs when she went in and she was 140lbs when she left. They put her in a walker, strapped her down and left her in a corner. And she could barely walk when I pulled her out, they had her in a chair with a bunch of pillows on her lap. She looked terrible. And I would not recommend this facility.

Malcom R October 05, 2012

We visited several facilities in the Northville/Novi area. Some were very nice but priced far in excess of budget. Waldonwoods had a number of things going for it. The location was just off of a major freeway and at the same time close to secondary roads for those of us who couldn't use the freeways. The facilities were very close to the hospital that my parents used. As a result they knew their doctors. The physical plant was in very good shape and any repairs that had been made had been done with care and were done correctly. When ever I requested something attended to; it was looked at within 48 hours.The staff were freindly and very helpfull. I know that when it came time for the hospice crew to take over they spent a lot of time reviewing my mothers condition whenever I requested it. The staff preformed very well from the maintenance crew all the way up to the administrators.Something that I learned with my experience with senior living, is that food becomes really important to the residents. The kitchen staff were great and the meals that I experienced were excellent.Even though my parents did not participate, there seemed to be a lot of activities that the residents could take part in. All of the people I talked to seemed to be very happy.For some people, this facility might be too pricey. However it did fit within our budget and I would recommend Waltonwood without hesitation

Belven September 13, 2012

Waltonwoods was a very good choice for my grandmother and grandfather to live in as they got up in years. Soon after they moved in, my grandfather was diagnosed with prostate cancer, and having nurses and attendants available 24/7 gave our family peace of mind and allowed my grandparents to maintain some independence. The staff was very professional and a huge lifesaver on several occasions, including an instance where my grandfather fell and broke his hip while using the restroom. He tugged the pullcord on the wall and within 2 minutes there were attendents available to help him in his time of need. The facilities were very clean and comfortable, and my grandmother remarked on several occasions that it reminded her of staying on a cruise liner! Another aspect of the facility that we took advantage of and loved was the family dining room and family suite available for reservation. It made it easier to accommodate rather large groups when the extended family gathered for a reunion. Overall I would highly recommend the facility anyone looking for assisted living near Novi, Michigan.

About Waltonwood at Twelve Oaks

Waltonwood at Twelve Oaks is an assisted living facility in Novi, MI that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Waltonwood at Twelve Oaks for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Waltonwood at Twelve Oaks

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pets: No Pets