Atria Tamalpais Creek

853 Tamalpais Avenue, Novato, CA, 94947

Reviews of Atria Tamalpais Creek

Average Rating:
Caring102311350 November 29, 2014

Atria Tamalpias is a very pleasant place. It's an upscale facility, but it's too expensive for our money. All the rooms are apparently upgraded. We did see one room, and it was furnished with very attractive furniture. With their food, they give you a menu, and you choose from there. They have a place outside the dining room where they offer cookies, cakes, and coffee for the residents. They have an onsite gym and pool.

mothersonoma June 19, 2014

While it is a beautiful building. Food was great. Not enough staff caregiving. Several times I went to visit Mom and her emergency button was inside her shirt. Mom was not capable of putting button inside her shirt. Out of sight out of mind. To many clients not enough staff. Moved Mom to Sunrise in Petaluma. They get 5 stars.

I am sorry to hear about your mother’s experience with our community in regards to her emergency pendant. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate directors but we would love to connect with you to make sure we understand your situation. If you are willing, please email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com; including “Atria Tamalpais Creek” in your subject line so we may quickly route the correspondence to the right people. We wish you and your mother the best and are here to help should you need us in the future.

Craig K. March 27, 2014

Dad has been in Atria Tamalpais Creek for two months now. We chose it because of its location, and it is one of the best facilities I have seen. The staff is very friendly and seems to be very experienced. They care a lot about him. I like the ratio of staff to residents. They have a small number of people for every staff member. I have eaten there at every meal, and the food is excellent. The rooms that I see are individual. They have their own room, which is very clean, new, and very nice. They have activities in the memory unit, like lectures in the arts, they do tai chi, they go on field trips, and it's very nice.

Liz18 November 22, 2013

Atria was very nice and had a lounge feeling to it. They just remodeled the apartments and it feels a little bit like a hotel but nice. The one bedroom feels bigger because they had cathedral ceilings. They have a restaurant which is open and a bistro where people from the outside can come and have lunch or dinner.

Walter7 October 09, 2013

Atria seemed to be fairly ordinary. I didn't see anything special about it. We did have lunch there and it was quite nice and pleasant. Nothing to write home about.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you found our community to be pleasant, and I'm sorry that you did not seem to experience our uniqueness during your visit. We do hope that you will stop by again soon so that we can show you how special our community really is. If we can be of any assistance to you at any time, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Chopi March 13, 2013

At first Atria at Tamalpais Creek seemed to be a great place for my Dad. Nice people working there, good food, beautiful surroundings, relaxed and not crowded. The sales person who we were talking to about my dad moving in sounded interested in his wellbeing both socially and physically. Immediately after he moved in, she evaded questions about the facility, I.E. basic questions about his medication management, services provided, special dietary needs and how they could be met, general questions about the facility, and treated my family "rudely". After a few months my Dad's needs increased, and we began paying for higher levels of care. It quickly became painfully obvious that Atria was incapable of assessing his increasing needs and reacting to those changes. It routinely takes over 10 minutes for them to respond when he pushes the call button to request assistance. In case of an actual emergency, that could be the difference between life and death. Unfortunately, because of their incompetence at Atria, we are moving my Dad after only 6 months to another facility nearby that charges less and provides a higher level of care. As an assisted living facility that provides 3 squares and a cot, Atria at Tamalpais Creek is fine. If you are hoping for more, go elsewhere.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Atria prides itself on delivering excellence to our residents and employees and constantly strives to make improvements. We appreciate your feedback and welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com (be sure to include the community name in the subject line.)

mamacitaalli March 03, 2013

On the positive side, the grounds are beautiful, clean and quite lovely. The food is great and the activities offered are also sufficient. However--the care for my father, who currently lives there--is totally deficient, despite the $2100.00 above and beyond the almost $5,000.00 rental for his tiny studio apartment. We are paying for a variety of increased needs since his recent hospitalization, and on top of paying Atria, we are paying $200.00 a day to an outside caregiver to come in and make sure my father is getting what he needs. By all accounts--from the Kaiser Physical Therapist, Kaiser Nurse, Kaiser Social Worker and Kaiser OT, not to mention the testimonies of the in-home care layer that we are paying extra for--Atria is a disaster. My father pushes his button and no one comes. He pushes again--nothing. 20 minutes or more...nothing. A meeting with the Executive Director resulted in many apologies, acceptance of responsibility for not fulfilling duties...and yet, once again this week...the SAME. We are now actively looking for a place that actually does what it says it will do. My take is that Atria is cutting costs by not having sufficient staff. We are documenting all the breaches in service and will be taking steps soon.

I appreciate your feedback about our community. I regret that you are currently dissatisfied with our service. We would welcome the opportunity to rectify the situation and learn more about how we can improve your experience with us. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com so we can set up a time to talk further about this situation.

joyfaith October 03, 2012

PROS: Most of the staff are pleasant all the time CON: Most are not trained to care for aging residents who invariably require more care the longer they reside there CON: Training is brief, at the onset of being hired. CON: Frequently understaffed for the number of residents. PROS: Building and grounds are clean CONS: Frequent staff turnover PROS: Lots of activities available for residents (shopping, movies, drive, art shows, art classes, exercise, games, etc) CONS: Additional fees above base adds up quickly. Review bill each month for hidden charges.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Atria Tamalpais Creek. Atria is proud of the high standard it sets for its senior living communities, and strives to continually improve the experience of all residents and families. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us in more detail in order to better understand the situation. Please feel free to email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

From Atria Tamalpais Creek

What makes Atria Tamalpais Creek the best senior living option in Marin County? It's our commitment to enhancing the lives of today's seniors and future generations with energy-saving renovations, including a pursuit of LEED certification. We provide just the right combination of hospitality and independence. A full social calendar keeps our residents active, while a beautiful outdoor courtyard and fountain offer peace and relaxation. New updates include a salon and spa, fitness center, cinema room and wireless network throughout the community. Atria Tamalpais Creek is located near downtown shopping, medical facilities, places of worship and entertainment.

At Atria Senior Living, older people find more than a place to call home - they become part of a second family of neighbors and caring staff. Our residents enjoy the highest-quality services; a wide choice of activities that nurture the body, mind and spirit; delicious, nourishing meals; and just the right amount of personal assistance to enjoy life with confidence. Helping seniors make a better life - that's what Atria is all about.

Atria Tamalpais Creek offers the following services:

• Wireless network throughout the community
  • A new bistro with a menu offering lighter fare and outdoor seating
  • Separate and secure Life Guidance® neighborhood for those living with Alzheimer's, dementia and other forms of memory impairment
  • Fitness center with exercise equipment specially designed for seniors
  • An enhanced state of the art cinema with projection screen and surround sound
  • Upgraded safety features, including the Saflok® electronic key-entry system, which will help monitor access to resident apartments
  • A secure and quiet cognitive fitness center
  • Rejuvenating day spa with full services, including manicures, pedicures, hairstyling and separate massage therapy room

Recent upgrades, LEED certified, updated and upgraded throughout whole community, large garden areas in memory community, pet friendly, bbq areas.

Features of Atria Tamalpais Creek

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $7,200/month

• Minimum age: 60

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits