Maplewood at Strawberry Hill

73 Strawberry Hill Avenue, Norwalk, CT, 06855

Reviews of Maplewood at Strawberry Hill

January 30, 2014

By lyssaszoo

Brand new facility (though clearly managed by an experienced team), extremely clean and upscale without feeling too fussy. The rooms were relatively spacious with good-sized closets and modern bathrooms, though the showers were fairly small. We toured primarily the secured "Currents" floor (moderate-to-late stage dementia) and were extremely impressed by the connection staff had with the residents (greeting each other by first name, lots of smiles and affection). The facility allows someone to age in place - so barring any extreme nursing requirements, residents would not have to move into a skilled nursing facility. Residents appeared to be extremely engaged (on various levels) with personalized activities, a visiting pet for therapy, word games, etc - multiple activities happening, but it didn't feel too busy or potentially overwhelming for a dementia resident. We didn't taste the "farm-to-table" food, but by reputation it's amazing. They also pride themselves on having an RN onsite 24/7, and a "brain center" where residents work with computers that have special programs for cognitively impaired residents. Overall, the community felt incredibly welcoming - I would have no concerns about my mom living here. It's definitely on our short list.

Thank you for your comments recently. It's important for us to hear honest feedback and critique of our guests. Let us know if we can answer any further questions or concerns.

December 27, 2013

Maplewood at Strawberry Hill, as a facility, looked satisfactory. The place seemed a little bit too quiet to us though. It was fine in terms of cleanliness; it was alright. We had lunch there and lunch was fine. I also thought that the staff was nice. However, we weren't terribly impressed with this place.

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit. We’re always interested in hearing details about ways in which we can improve our guests’ experiences. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you directly, if you'd be so inclined to provide me with details on your visit. I can be reached at 203-557-4777 or aellen@maplewoodsl.com. We hope to be able to have the opportunity to hear your thoughts. Thank you again for reaching out.

October 09, 2013

By Carolyn25

Maplewood at Strawberry Hill is a lovely facility and it is brand new. The design is much more conducive to seniors and I like the arrangement of their apartments. And of course, it's brand new so that definitely makes a big difference. The staff were very helpful although I didn't really interact with very many people. Some staff that walked by said hello. We have friends there and they said the food is very good. Their rooms, the windows are high enough that you can put furniture it. The walls also have windows so people can bring more of their furniture with them. And because it's new, you got new carpet, new bathroom and that makes a difference.

Photos of Maplewood at Strawberry Hill

Features of Maplewood at Strawberry Hill

• Minimum Memory Cost: $5950/month

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room For Special Occasions

• Features Extra: Fitness Center

• Technology Extra: 24 Hour Emergency Call System

• Activities Extra: Touch Of Heart™ Brain Fitness Center

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: On Site 24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week.

About Maplewood at Strawberry Hill

Maplewood at Strawberry Hill has much to offer residents and families - from the welcoming, sun-filled lobby to the al fresco dining area. Thoughtfully laid-out apartments designed specifically for older adults are beautifully appointed and feature a modern kitchenette with granite countertops, private bathroom (many with universal access) and state-of-the-art safety features. Though Maplewood is vibrant and full of energy, there are plenty of special spots perfect for intimate family visits, including sumptuous gardens and alongside relaxing water features.

Map of Maplewood at Strawberry Hill