Wingate Residences at Norton ASSISTED LIVING

190 Mansfield Avenue, Norton, MA, 02766

Reviews of Wingate Residences at Norton | ASSISTED LIVING

October 05, 2014

By Lovely Lady2

Epoch was homey and smaller, so my mother liked that. It seemed rundown though and it wasn’t clean. It should be updated with new furniture. The food was OK. The people were very nice. The staff was good.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our community, and the generally positive review. Our community has provided a good and safe home for many seniors over the years, and we do have plans for some updates in the near future. During our annual state surveys, we have gotten high scores for the quality of care we provide, and have not been cited for a lack of cleanliness.

May 29, 2014

The rooms at EPOCH Assisted Living were pretty nice. It seemed like they had a lot more staff. They had a big dining hall, and they even had a breakfast place you could go to. They had a walking club, a sewing club, and exercise. The only thing they didn't have was a recreational room or anything like a pool table, which was what we were looking for. I like that it was only 2 stories high. It wasn't a real huge place. It was a lot of money, though. I would recommend it.

January 18, 2014

The problem with EPOCH is that it is very near the open theater in Mansfield and you get the noise from concerts. I also didn't feel that this facility was homey. Their rooms were neat and very up-to-date but very cold and institutional. The staff was very polite and very competent. I like the fact that they knew what they were about. They were extremely welcoming so much so that even the girl at the front desk greeted me. They already anticipated that walking around their facility would be difficult, therefore they had a wheelchair ready for me. However, I didn't feel the same warmth and care as I did with the other facility.

We appreciate you sharing your experience, and the four star rating for our community. We have never had a complaint that the Comcast Center was noisy or loud; and truthfully we have appreciated having the performance center nearby. We always try to keep our common areas open, clean and free of clutter, while encouraging residents to personalize and decorate their own space to their tastes and comfort. I’m pleased our staff treated you thoughtfully and warmly – that is truly part of our culture. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and we always welcome you for another visit.

December 17, 2013

EPOCH Assisted Living seemed very nice. Its ambience seemed fine. Regarding staff, I didn't really meet them all that much but I thought they're very nice. I was only there for a half an hour, but I would give them a high rating.

December 13, 2013

The staff is exceptional from business office to the van driver. I never lost a night of sleep knowing my parents were being well taken care and truly loved. There is absolutely nothing to complain about the best assisted living in the area.

June 17, 2013

By Diane26

My mom has been in EPOCH for two months now. The facility is clean. Their dining area is lovely, it looks like a restaurant. The food is also excellent. The room that she is staying in is bright and cheery. The staff also seem friendly. They have a lot of activities for their residents like lectures, word-finder games and jeopardy.

June 07, 2013

By Richard26

My mom moved in to Epoch about four weeks ago. The staff is great, I can't say enough about the staff, they actually know mom's first name within a few days and they were attentive to her. They did a good job of welcoming her and all the people there are very kind and understanding. She's very happy with the food. The entertainment committee is very good and they keep her busy. She likes it so much at Epoch.

August 28, 2012

By jwilson377

The building, staff and care are excellent at this facility. The building and decoration itself is very well designed and welcoming. Meals are served by wait staff in a restaurant-like setting. Activities are numerous and the care of the staff is excellent. We felt confident my aunt was being well cared for. The one drawback is the cost. My aunt's monthly base charge was $3500, plus any extra charges for help with a shower or help with medications. That is my major complaint not only about this facility, but about assisted living communities in general - the cost makes it prohibitive to most people. It only serves to narrow the options for most seniors just when they are in most need of help with their living situation.

Photos of Wingate Residences at Norton

Services & Amenities of Wingate Residences at Norton

• Licenses: Executive Office of Elder Affairs

About Wingate Residences at Norton

If the time has come when your parent or loved one can no longer live alone, Wingate Residences at Norton are here for you both. We understand that there's a difference between living alone and living independently. We do all we can to support your loved one's independence by providing the services, amenities and lifestyle that's needed, but more importantly, desired. This is more than a safe, secure place to move to...it's a place to live.

Kitchenette with Refrigerator/Microwave, 24-Hour Emergency Call System, Individual Temperature Control, Private Bath with Walk-In Showers, Wheelchair Access, All Utilities, Including Basic Cable

Map of Wingate Residences at Norton