Brookdale Northville

40405 6 Mile Road, Northville, MI, 48168

Reviews of Brookdale Northville

May 29, 2014

By Jan31

I thought Wynwood of Northville was very nice, quiet, and small. The person I had an appointment with met me, so that was good. However, the rooms were a little too small for my parents' needs. I think I visited this place on a Sunday, so I don't think there were a whole lot of activities going on at that time. There actually was not much going on that day.

December 27, 2012

By Georgina 1

WynWood of Northville was really clean. It was a nice community area. The residents seem to be well taken care of. The rooms were great. Each room was set-up for the specific need of the people. So some would have private rooms and some have two people in there. The staff was friendly, hospitable, and caring. When I was there, there was singing and piano playing. I'm pretty sure there are more group activities, too.

July 06, 2012

By alexagne

I felt that the facility did a good job of caring for the residents. There were always opportunities for residents to get out of their rooms, interact with each other, and to move around during the day. There were also decent menu choices, with an obvious three meals served every day. Residents ate in dining rooms by floor and by wing, creating a more personal dining and seating arrangement. The personal staff were always friendly and helping, and the office staff also interacted with the residents, albeit less than the personal helpers. There were monthly trips to places in the community via a facility bus, and the families of residents were encouraged to visit. While I volunteered here, I helped serve some of the meals and did activities with the residents such as bingo, card games, arts and crafts, and storytelling. I also worked in the office, where I created schedules for distribution to the residents, planned day to day activities, and announced important messages to the general population.

June 29, 2012

By zev

The facility was clean and in a good area. It was easy to find and readily accessible. My encounters with the staff were all positive, they seemed friendly and cordial. My grandmother did not have many complaints, but for obvious reason she would have preferred to live on her own. She had enough room to live comfortably. The facility provided options for her to remain social and make new friends, which she enjoyed. There was ample area to be outside and enjoy the weather in our nicer seasons. Activities and groups were organized for likeminded residents to get together. She thought the food was just okay, nothing spectacular but it was edible. Overall she did not have many complaints about the quality of the facility. If the situation arises again, I think that I would recommend Wynwood. My time there was limited to visits, so my experiences are a bit anecdotal.

May 09, 2012

By kshamrock20

I must say, having been in A LOT of assisted living facilities in my lifetime, this is a really wonderful establishment. I was half-joking with my relative who took up residence here that I one day hoped to move in with her. Wynwood is clean. I will say that out of all the different constituents of a home, cleanliness is next to godliness. I think a clean home is the most important aspect, that and customer care, when running a home like this and Wynwood is beautiful. To be completely honest, I'm surprised it isn't a little bit more expensive. The staff and the facilities were fantastic. The place looks and smells great and the residents seemed at peace during the times I visited. I think this is the type of place that lower revenue homes should model themselves after, and although the cheaper homes may not have this type of location or budget, they should try to get as close to this example as possible. It feels like a home and less like a hospital for old folks. Of course, I'm sure there are things that could be done better, things I'm not privy to, but in my multiple visits I was very impressed and could sense no issues.

November 26, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

I think Wynwood of North Northville Assisted Living, is an excellent choice for someone who is looking for a placement for a friend or a family member. While there, I noticed that the common areas was beautifully decorated and also very elegant and tasteful to the eye. The food also was very tasty and looked good as well. The facility was very clean and had no smell. The common grounds of the facility were also beautifully landscaped, maintained, and structured like living in a housing lifestyle and comfortable as well. The surrounding neighborhoods surrounding the facility are also beautiful and tasteful to the eye as well. The staff and management there offer their residents the highest level of quality care that is possible and that is needed to fit their residents' individual needs. Wynwood of Northville Assisted Living, also offer their residents a vast majority of recreational and activities to keep them busy , active and alert in addition to exercises, to keep their bodies in shape. There residents are very satisfied and happy there also and they were all socializing happily with one another also. Their staff and management were very professional and team, task oriented in their job duties and performances'. The facility was clean and did not smell and the décor was designed with perfection. There residents there receive excellent care there and they like it there. I would recommend Wynwood of Northville Assisted Living facility to anyone and everyone because it is an excellent place for anyone that is looking for a placement it is a home away from home. In general, I would rank this facility a five stars rating for its expertise and excellence. I know that anyone and everyone would like it here because it is a nice place to live.

Features of Brookdale Northville

• Minimum Age: Waiver Available If Applicable

• Licenses: Yes
  • State Licenses: AH820236941

About Brookdale Northville

Brookdale Northville provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We have a dining area for every neighborhood so each 10 apartments there is a dinning area

Map of Brookdale Northville