Pacifica Senior Living Northridge

Overview of Ratings

4.3

March 31, 2016

By wife4

Pacifica seemed nice, but it was very expensive. They charge an initial fee to get in that didn’t include the monthly fee, and there’s a $500 fee for a 15-minute evaluation to see where my husband would fit in. The room was OK. You had to furnish it yourself, but the walls and floor were OK. They talked about the activities, and the dining room was nice, big, and light.

Thank you for your review and consideration. We have done a comprehensive study senior living expenses and found that our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we are a better value with more programs and options. We are very proud of our Northridge community and their Music and Memory program. If you have any other questions or comments we would love to speak with you. (818) 886-5181.

January 30, 2016

By Linda119443850

I had been to Pacifica a lot of times, because my aunt lived there. The staff is just absolutely wonderful. It’s clean, and very nice. They had a lot of entertainment for the residents. They even gave us a room so we can have a little dinner party.
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope you have a wonderful day.

September 30, 2015

Mom moved in at Pacifica Senior Living last August. The staff was nice and the rooms are good. The food is okay, nothing special. They have many activities for assisted living, but not for memory care and they don't have an activity room for their memory care patients. They have bingo and some singing. I also don’t; like their dining room for the memory care because it’s small. I recommend their assisted living, not the memory care.
Thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Northridge! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

June 30, 2014

What I enjoyed most about Pacifica Senior Living Northridge is that they have a locked facility, which apparently a lot of the facilities I've visited don't when it comes to assisted living, so those who have dementia can stay in that part of the facility until they become a threat or a harm to themselves. I really like their rooms, as they were spacious. They were willing to work with us on our budget, and that is where she is going to have to be. The only things that I didn’t care for were their activities and their meals because they have to take an elevator downstairs.
Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

February 15, 2014

By Rob2

Pacifica Senior Living Northridge was a very nice place. It was also clean. I just thought the one he ended up was within our price range. The apartments were very nice. The meeting rooms seemed really spacious. I don’t recall the bedroom, I think it's bigger than the other place. It seemed they have a good list of activities. They have mixed ability level where they had high care portion for Dementia patients and had minimal care part of the facility also. I saw the activity calendar and where the activity will take place. I also saw some seniors under the shed attend an activity.

February 01, 2014

By Linda75739850

Pacifica was alright but it wasn't like top of the line. It was an older facility. It was one of those places that had to be renovated. You can tell that it had not been updated, but it wasn't that bad. I went to the bathroom and it was really old. It wasn't a happy place. I wouldn't want to live there. The lady who toured us around, she didn't greet anybody and nobody greeted her. Either she was new or she didn't know their residents. There was no one-to-one contact with the residents. I would recommend it for people who had no place else to go.
Linda, thank you for leaving us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one. If you are willing to give us another chance, please contact us at (818) 435-7107 so we can understand your situation better in order to try and turn your experience around. Thank you, Pacifica Senior Living Northridge

October 30, 2012

By afs

all my experiences so far have been good with this assisted living provider. my grandmother, while having an uncurable disease has been made comfortable and her security and well being is assured. the staff has always been good in helping her with all of her needs, from the mundane tasks of eating and changing to dealing with more complex problems like confrontation from other people living there. they have always been impeccable with things like giving her prescribed medications to her at the correct times and keeping her clean and comfortable. the facility itself is quite nice, being multi storied and comfortable feeling and looking. furniture is placed in communal areas encouraging more social interaction and staff is always placed throughout the corridors so no matter what somebody is always lookng after my grandma and the other elderly residents. other amentities like the food are good as well and I have seen a varied and balanced menu served to the residents at all meals. Additionally the activities to occupy residents are fun and interactive.
Thank you so much for your detailed positive review. We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We have a fantastic Executive Director who fosters an atmosphere of acceptance and warmth. She and the outstanding staff genuinely care for all our residents, and their families. We have engaging and interesting activities in our homey cottages for our residents. Did you know that we have a Facebook page? It is a nice way to see what your loved one is doing throughout the day. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

August 21, 2012

By visitor30

This facility has an older decoration style to it. It is still nice looking and really elegant. The staff is amazing, as usual in almost every assisted living facility. The engage themselves and seem to enjoy what they do. You can tell that the staff isnt just there to get paid, but they are there because they truly care about the seniors' well being. Some parts of the facility could be upgraded because this seems to be an older facility. This doesn't really bring down the ambiance this facility gives. The seniors are well engaged and activities are given in abundance. Pacifica tries its best to make you feel at home. Although it may be true that there isn't much to outdoors because the outdoor area is limited, the people staying there are nonetheless treated very fairly and are engaged in activities very often. The small outdoor space hasn't really been a complaint and the people staying at Pacifica seem to enjoy where they live.
We're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations!

November 18, 2011

By LauraM3

Their assisted living side is really good! The residents are well cared for! I do not recommend the memory care side. That was awful! The level of care on that side is well below standards!
Thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Northridge. We would like to speak with you further about your review. Would you call us at your convenience?

June 25, 2011

By specialone-1

There is love and the care at Pacifica Northridge!! I looked everywhere before making my decision. The community is beautiful and the staff makes my mom feel special. This is the place to come and see.
We're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations!

June 09, 2011

By commercesd

The Pacifica Senior Living Northridge is conveniently located in California's San Fernando Valley near Los Angeles and California State University. This would be convenient for our family, since most of my aunt's relatives are in the region. She has early Alzheimer's, so it is time to find full time care for her. She is ambulatory, so we wanted to find somewhere that didn't seem like a nursing home. The front entrance resembled a church and had nice flowers around it. The interior of the foyer had a nice seating area where we waited. We could see many of the residents interacting with staff and they seemed well cared for. The outside area seemed a bit small, however "“ with not much seating for residents and visitors. There were a lot of fun activities going on the day we visited. From card games to flower planting, all of the residents seemed active and happy. Our aunt loves to garden, so it looked like she would still get to do that here. The food we sampled was really good and our aunt got to check out the menus, which had many choices on them. The staff regularly checks on residents, which is important to us. Each private unit has an emergency response call button. They seem to have everything a person would need "“ from regular care to scheduled activities and medical professionals as needed. Overall, we thought it was a very nice facility.
We truly appreciate your honest feedback and hope that you have a wonderful day.

May 14, 2010

By jcalder

Pros: Well lit, with skylights. Nice staff. Good dining and lobby areas. Cons: outdoor areas are two cement patios.
Thank you for your feedback we appreciate it.

March 27, 2009

By Laura Mayoral

My mom has lived at Pacifica for the past two years. She has been very well taken care of. ALL if the staff know her by name and greet her when she walks by them. The facilities are always clean and there is never that "old" scent that sometimes happens with seniors with all of their medication. They always have activites going on to keep the seniors busy. My mom enjoys living here!! I highly recommend it!!!

Questions About Pacifica Senior Living Northridge

Describe your community's overall population of assisted living residents. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents are from their late 50's to more than 100! We care for a wide range of care levels, but are best known in the San Fernando Valley for outstanding Transitions care! We are fluid with our dementia care!

What programs or activities do you offer to enrich your residents’ well-being?

A wide variety of activities, outings and programs appropriate for all levels.

What transportation services do you offer to assisted living residents?

Medical visits are within a 10 mile radius. Shopping outings are planned.

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Northridge

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Northridge

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4300/month

• State Licenses: 197607452

About Pacifica Senior Living Northridge

Welcome to Pacifica Senior Northridge, our beautiful, safe and friendly community of quality caregivers, well trained professionals, and most importantly, satisfied residents. Located in the Greater Los Angeles Area, our community offers a full spectrum of memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring and experienced staff.

We are proud of the outstanding reputation we’ve earned. It's a reputation built on strong values, a solid work ethic and the best care and outside medical services available. At Pacifica Senior Living Northridge, you will enjoy retirement lifestyle provided in a stunning setting; a lifestyle rich with services, amenities and endless possibilities.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Northridge