Northglenn Heights Assisted Living Community

11475 Pearl Street, Northglenn, CO, 80233

Reviews of Northglenn Heights Assisted Living Community

August 21, 2016

By Gus868835

Northglenn Heights was a really nice place. They had a restaurant with a chef and menu of all kinds of choices. The price was about the same as others. It had a nice courtyard. It was cozy, homey, and comfortable. It just felt warm in the way it was decorated. The place was full of people. It was jammed. They had a lot of seniors walking around. Everybody was good. I really liked the people. They had a seminar on dementia once or twice a month. I went into a room, and it was really spacious.

August 04, 2016

By family2854

Disappointed. The marketing is great. Once you're there it's a different story. Management doesn't seem to stick around. The day-to-day staff is great. As a family member, it's difficult to reach someone besides the front desk staff by phone .

June 10, 2016

By Linda058354

I am in Northglenn Heights Assisted Living Community. Everything has been very good, including the staff. When I hit my little button and say “Please come and help,” they are there within 10 minutes. I am living in a studio apartment. It is classified as a large studio, and I have a kitchenette and a bathroom. We can use a microwave but not a stove. They do not serve food that is special for diabetics, and I am diabetic. We have activities going on 24 hours, like bingo at 1:00, chair exercises at 2:00, and something at 3:00.

June 10, 2016

By Jo372882

My husband stayed in Northglenn Heights. It was a really nice place that had a lot of activities. He liked to go outside, and they had two areas where you could just go outside. They had really good food and a caring staff. They put a box outside of the resident's door with their picture on it. My husband had managed a post office in Portland, Colorado when a tornado hit it, and they had gone back, found that newspaper, reduced it down, and put it with his picture. I thought that was going out of their way to make a person felt like they care. It did not smell like urine, and it was a good place.

May 22, 2016

By SharonQBVXN

I really liked Northglenn Heights, but it doesn't have any openings, so that’s why I’m still looking. The staff was very friendly and answered all of my questions. They had a lot of different activities available. I would recommend them. It’s nice and clean. The people there were very friendly, and residents appeared to be fine and happy. The service was very good. I thought it would be a good place.

October 28, 2015

By Tami7

We moved our loved one to Northglenn Heights in July. One of the main reasons we chose it was the proximity to family. I also appreciated the nursing presence there as opposed to home-like assisted living. However, there didn't seem to be as much nursing presence. She doesn't need ongoing nursing care or a lot right now, but she's going to in the future. I liked that they had different levels of care available as her needs increase, and the cost was the most reasonable in the area. The size of the room was nice, and there are lots of spaces, lounges, and areas where families can meet in. They have community activities and a bus that takes the residents out to various trips. They also have in-house activities. There's a beauty shop and a little store, and it's really close to her doctor's office, which was another big advantage. They've been very attentive and very responsive to any issues that I've raised. I'm happy with the choice.

September 29, 2015

Northglenn Heights’ amenities are very good, and overall the service he gets so far is very good too. The staff is very caring and giving. The problem I see is basically you need to go with their doctors and everything like that to make sure you get your medication refilled on time rather than outsourcing. We have a dining room, and they are assigned seats. It’s a big dining room, and they are actually expanding it and very nice. The social recreation seems to be good if you are into certain stuff like bingo, black jack, and doing puzzles.

July 29, 2015

My sister was in Northglenn Heights before. She had her own small apartment. We were pleased with the facility. The meals and all that stuff seemed OK, but my sister was able to leave the building like 2 or 3 in the morning because security wasn't doing their job. She was found in a wheelchair out in the parking lot. It was like somebody just had a phone call or somebody went to the rest room or something like that. Everybody had an excuse or a reason. However, the place was very nice. It was well kept. They seemed to be fully staffed enough that if anything came up or if she was afraid, there was someone to respond right away. If she took some medication that she more or less hallucinated on, there was someone right there that would tell her: "No, you are just seeing things." She was able to use the phone and call me if she was stressed about something, and the staff was willing to talk to me even though they probably weren't supposed to. I definitely would recommend them if they didn't have dementia or some kind of problem like that. It was definitely a nice clean place. They had good responses for the people to go to a bus and go doctor's appointment. Everybody was timely for that, and they always had somebody there to help. They had lots of activities, and they had a pretty good social schedule.

June 16, 2015

By Kate22

I liked Northglenn Heights because it was a small warm community which was very well established in an established neighborhood. It had a courtyard with big trees. The rooms that they showed me all had decks on them. It looked like home. I liked this one financially because it was a little bit cheaper. It looked like a perfect place.

December 20, 2014

By Caring99190550

My mom is already in Northglenn Heights, and she is doing fine. Mom was there before, they were able to bring her back to the same room, and she likes the people. She just likes it there. The staff is very good. They have activities, and they take them on trips. I have not tried the food, but it always looks very good. My mom seems happy with the girls. They clean her room, and they come take her for dinner. It seems to be really good.

August 13, 2014

By Jane90907950

Northglenn Heights was good too. They had more amenities and it was a bigger place. They took people out on outings. They had a secure area where they could go out and wouldn't wander off.

July 29, 2014

Northglenn Heights was OK. The staff was very nice and informed, too. They have activities, and they’re satisfactory. The one-bedroom apartment was nice but small, and we would have to furnish it. The dining room was clean, they had a centerpiece on each table, and you could choose from a menu and take whatever they have on that day. The residents were active.

July 25, 2014

By Bill76378750

I like Northglenn Heights. It was very comfortable, and the walls were painted colors instead of just beige. They have photos and pictures on the wall. I noticed that most of the residents who were actually in their unit had the doors open. They were very welcoming. They only had the number of patients per employee required at the state level. It was more like 8 during the daylight hours and 14 at night. It was a nice place. It would have been affordable for my parents, but I think they need somebody there all the time. We took the tour, and the people who worked there said hi. Everybody seemed real friendly. One more thing I like about them, is that if my parents had been there for a year, they would be able to go to Medicaid. The menu looked wholesome and appetizing. They did have a number of choices for each meal, so that they can choose and find something that was suitable.

June 30, 2014

By Susan70022650

My visit at Northglenn Heights was good. It was very lovely, well-kept, and nice. The staff were very nice and informative. They offered lunch and activities.

May 30, 2014

By Jo Ann2

My husband lived for 7 months at Northglenn Heights. I got upset that they made us move, but I understand because they are not able to handle my husband's needs anymore. The thing I liked there was that they had a TV room, and every night they would have activities there. The activity director and the other girls were outstanding. Even if they only watch movies, they were there. They have two caregivers from India, and they were very, very nice to all the residents. We had no complaints with regard to their food.

May 20, 2014

By Christine34

My mom is in Northglenn Heights. They have all the communities get together. When I walked in, there was some group of entertainers, and the residents were sitting there responding back and singing, and I think my mom will love it. They do exercises every day, and after that they have doughnuts. I like that they make sure that nobody stays in their room. They have everybody involved, and they have a lot of things going on all day, every day. They have a schedule of all the different things. They even take people who are healthy enough on trips, like going to the dollar store, and my mom loves the dollar store. It is a really nice place. It is an older building, but everything is well kept. I didn't like the food, it is a typical cafeteria, but she seems happy enough.

February 28, 2014

By Greg13

My mother-in-law went in Northglenn Heights and just felt at home there. Everything was nice. They had nice dining hall, the rooms were good, and the people were wonderful. The apartments were larger than some of the others, but not exceptionally larger. She had a window that overlooked the part at an apartment building next door, so she could watch the kids playing. She plays bridge, cards, and she's a football fan so they had a lot of Bronco parties.

November 27, 2013

My father is in Northglenn Heights Assisted Living and he is very happy there. The staff is doing a really good job. The room is probably more spacious than the other facility. They have a lot of activities. They do shopping, go to movies and they go out to eat.

June 12, 2012

By Jenn1

On my initial visit to the Northglenn Heights Facility I was imediately impressed by the staff's attentive behavior towards their residents. When any of the residents pass by the front desk they are greeted on a first name basis, and that theme continues throughout the facility's nursing and general staff members. The second thing valued by family members of the residents is the comfortable and homely atmosphere presented upon walking through the door. There is no medicated smell, urine/feces smell, or any generally unpleasant aroma that would drive most potential clients away. The lobby resembles an older victorian style foyer or sitting room, which I definately feel gives it a simple elegance, yet it's a calming comfortable environment. The third and most important observation I made was the 24 hour around the clock care being given. The nursing staff consistently checks on the residents throughout the night on a four hour schedule to verify the residents are well. The staff are also the same members on a daily basis so as not to confuse any of the residents, which is a major plus for dimentia and memory care clients. There are maintainence crews for any kind of issue that would arise concerning equipment and other amenities. The residents can either choose to dine in their apartment/room, or in the cafeteria on site. Every thing about this facility is exuberant with luxorious comfort. The thing that most grabbed my attention is the staff member that came to greet us explained, and I quote "If you yourself can not stand to be here longer than ten maybe fifteen minutes, than why would you want to leave your loved ones in our care?" We ended up staying there for over an hour on the first tour. I personally feel the experience was equivalent to moving in to a condominium style arrangment with all amenities, versus dumping your loved one in an elder persons home/assisted living center. I would also recommend this facility to anyone having to make these incredibly tough choices, but the apartments go almost quicker than they become available; I can see why! Definately a five-star rating.

July 31, 2011

By thunderscare

My mother has declining dementia and has been in Northglenn heights assisted living for about 2 years now. The facility is clean and does not have the usual smell that some assisted living or nursing homes have to them. It smells fresh and clean upon entering the facility. The staff is phenomenal. It was a huge adjustment for me and my siblings trying to adjust to mom's dementia and the thought of putting her in a facility was very hard. After touring the place and meeting all the staff we all felt much better. We have toured many before deciding on this place. The staff is so patient and very kind to my mom. I visit quite frequently to check on her and have noticed how much they truly care and attach themselves to a resident. One can tell they are emotionally attached to their residents thinking of them as family. The whole facility is nicely decorated. The dining room has three square meals a day with coffee, snacks and other items always available to it's residents. The facility has gotten better with time with a new director who takes the time to hire responsible and caring staff. My mother was welcomed with open arms and it makes me so much more at ease with her living at Northglenn Heights Assisted Living.

Photos of Northglenn Heights Assisted Living Community

Features of Northglenn Heights Assisted Living Community

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3595/month

• Companion Suites: We Offer Companion Suites In Memory Care

• General Store

About Northglenn Heights Assisted Living Community

Set amidst Colorado's majestic mountains and ten miles north of Denver, Northglenn Heights Assisted Living and Memory Care Community offers a lifestyle that meets your unique needs. With proximity to an extensive greenway trails and parks system, Webster Lake and the acclaimed Butterfly Pavilion, this peaceful and picturesque community is an ideal place to call home. Northglenn Heights provides a nurturing environment designed to support and enrich your lifestyle, now and in the future. Blending assistance with activities of daily life and supportive health and well-being programs, Northglenn Heights offers specialized services to fulfill your individual needs. At Northglenn Heights your comfort and well-being always comes first.

We understand the many choices in retirement living, whether you are looking for a care-free active lifestyle or desire specific personal support and services, we have many options and programs to choose from. Let us work together and create a new "Milestone" in meeting your needs.

Map of Northglenn Heights Assisted Living Community