North Shore Place

1000 Sunset Ridge Road, Northbrook, IL, 60062

Reviews of North Shore Place

May 29, 2016

By Mary367668

The location of North Shore Place was close to me and had assisted living, which is what I need. The room was very small, but I will have to put up with that. The staff was fine and seemed nice. They have more educational activities than just bingo, like book clubs and various discussion groups. They take the residents on trips, like the opera and the symphony. The dining area is very pretty. The place is very well appointed and nice looking.

May 11, 2016

By RobinVZJST

North Shore Place was very nice but all assisted living. The rooms were very nice, but my parents didn't like the small size. It's also not a big complex but the dining room looked really nice and first rate. The lobby looked like a fancy hotel lobby. The staff was very caring. In fact, the nurses greeted us on our way up during the tour.

March 31, 2016

By Dieter2

The people at North Shore Place were nice. It was a clean and well-run facility.

February 17, 2015

By Vince5

My wife is in North Shore Place. We chose it because the care that was offered to me. The woman outlined why she is in the business and why she is working so hard at it. It is her whole life. I was on my way to another home with my check book in my pocket to sign my wife up, but I stopped at North Shore and talked to the lady. She is not a salesperson, but her love for what she is doing and the help that she is giving to people changed my mind. I decided to put her in North Shore Place. Right now she is in a one bedroom apartment. You furnish the room the way you want them. You bring your own furniture and your own bedding. Everything that is in there is yours. They are painted and carpeted. Her place has a refrigerator. They did not go into details on each of the things that they have for the residents to do, but they publish a monthly calendar that shows exactly what is going on for each day and what time. They invite everybody to get out of the room and visit these places. It is relatively new, and I'm not sure if they completed the building. It is a marvelous looking structure. It is beautiful when you walk into it, and it makes you feel right at home as soon as you walk the door.

Photos of North Shore Place

Services & Amenities of North Shore Place

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym, Library

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

About North Shore Place

Located in beautiful Northbrook, Ill., North Shore Place offers luxury retirement apartments and specializes in Assisted Living and Memory Care. North Shore Place is not only conveniently located near the Chicago Botanical Gardens, Ravinia Music Festival, Northbrook Mall and Lake Michigan, but also near major highways for ease of travel.

Part of the community is designed and operated specifically for residents in need of memory assistance. Residents will be cared for by staff professionally trained in Dementia Care and will have access to extensive amenities including a private courtyard. With a licensed nurse on staff 24/7, our community is staffed around the clock and has a host of security systems including an emergency call system with a daily check-in feature.

Services and Amenities