Brookdale Northbrook

4501 Concord Lane, Northbrook, IL, 60062

Reviews of Brookdale Northbrook

Caring92358050 August 27, 2014

My mother is at The Seasons in Northbrook, sharing a two-bedroom apartment with her sister in addition to my mother getting a 24-hour caregiver. We haven't made a decision on what to do next yet, but she is probably going to be there for another year. First of all, it is independent living as well as assisted living. It is a very nice place, the people who work there are very friendly, helpful, and considerate, and it is OK, but expensive for my mother because of the caregiver. The food is not great and it is not terrible either, just average. They show movies and they have Bingo and entertainment that they present periodically. I would probably suggest that they improve the food. I don't know if my mom is happy there, but she is comfortable. The place looks bright and cheerful.

Charlotte13 September 25, 2013

The staff at the Seasons was very nice and wonderful. When I walked in, a woman told me it was a great place. I was not able to eat there, but their dining room was nice. I liked how their different activity rooms were set up. I also like that the cars were park not too far from the building. However, I didn't like set up of the apartments. The bedroom and the bathroom were both very large, but the living room was small.

Caring0396 April 18, 2013

I had a cousin who lived at Seasons at Glenview Place. The facility was beautiful. The rooms were nice. My cousin was in a single bed room. Unfortunately, it was too costly.

EvanR June 29, 2012

Overall the experience was very positive. Getting my parents moved in was very easy and the staff was very friendly and trustworthy. There were no concerns about safety and both of my parents, having stayed here at different times, were very pleased with the facility and overall experience. My father actually passed away shortly after spending time here and the staff made his time there very comforting and relaxing. I'm very grateful to the staff here. Convenient location too.

commercesd May 19, 2012

The Seasons at Glenview Place assisted living facility looked really well-kept from the outside as we drove up. Our aunt has lived in the Chicago region for most of her life, so she would like to stay around the area to be in touch with friends and family.

We really enjoyed the beautifully landscaped, park-like grounds, which included lovely courtyards and walking paths, plus a greenhouse. The patio areas also had barbeques where they host private parties. The main foyer had a nice receiving area, like a quaint country home or bed and breakfast.

The private living spaces were all a nice size and did not seem cramped. They were also beautifully decorated. We could see that our aunt could be comfortable in any of them. Each unit had individually controlled temperatures. The bathrooms were designed with safety in mind.

The communal areas were all nicely designed and had interesting activities occurring, from reading to games and resident interactions. They also had an arts and crafts studio and woodworking shop, in addition to a computer center and salon for the residents.

The dining areas had many restaurant style options. From more intimate to communal dining, residents can choose whatever they like - in addition to hosing guests in their own spaces. The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - offered continually.

Events and outings scheduled include anything you can imagine - from restaurants, to art museums, the library, which our aunt particularly enjoys, to local films and crafts, fine dining and theater. They also host monthly birthday parties for residents at the facility which friends and family may participate in.

This is a very nice facility with very attentive staff. All of the resident's needs appear to be met easily and efficiently, in a friendly and caring manner. It was clear that the residents really enjoyed living here in this relaxed, yet stimulating environment.

From Brookdale Northbrook

Brookdale Northbrook provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Northbrook

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: During business hours

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Spanish

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Minimum age: 62

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 5101131