Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Sacred Heart Assisted Living

Posted by jlc5489 April 30, 2015
1.0

Where do I begin? Food: no nutritional value at all. The residents get a glob of mashed potatoes, applesauce and a glob of pudding and they call it dinner. My Grandpa has neuropathy so he needs special utensils. On days they make the residents eat in their rooms he gets regular utensils he can't hold and a cup of juice with a peel off lid he can't open. Pendant: that's a joke. They push the button on their lanyards and no one comes for 15 minutes. By the time they arrive Grandpa's on the floor cause he tried to go to the bathroom by himself. Incontinence program: that's an even bigger joke. For $4,000 a month Grandpa is supposed to be put on the toilet every 2-3hrs. They come in, ask if he has to go, and when he says no (mind you he has dementia so he doesn't know what's going on) they leave. He ends up wetting himself all the time. Which brings me to my next point: laundry service. We do his laundry since it would cost an extra $40 a month for them to do it. Now, they are charging residents $9 per soiled article of clothing on top of the $40 charge. What a way to take advantage of those who can't help themselves. Grandpa has had an extra $90 tacked onto his bill for soiled laundry. I don't mind washing it but they insist it smells of urine too badly and they must wash it. Maybe if they actually put him on the toilet like we pay them for he wouldn't urinate in his pants. Sacred Heart Assisted Living. You need to change your name to Heartless.

Posted by Caring75364750 February 28, 2014
4.0

My father-in-law has been staying at Sacred Heart Senior Living since October. I think he chose it because it's close to his family. This was his favorite, because it was more local and he lived near. He felt comfortable there. The other reason was the room size. My father-in-law has a sitting area and a bedroom area. The staff is doing a good job.

It turned out that I had worked with their administrator previously. This is a new line of work for her but she did a really good job. I felt really comfortable asking her anything. Another determining factor why we chose this facility is because my father-in-law has a Foley catheter, so he has a urine bag. Some facilities would not take him; however, this facility is fine with it.

Posted by Caring26259050 January 31, 2014
3.0

My sister chose Sacred Heart Assisted Living for my father because it's very close to where she lives. Because it's close it's easy for her to drop off medicines, special foods or clothes for him. My father doesn't like it there. It's almost all-women and there are a few men there. Also there are no younger disabled people there. They're all seniors. Another thing is that it's Catholic facility and my father was brought up Lutheran. I think they should have a more diverse population than senior Catholic women only because other people would have to come there for some reasons and they're kind of left out. However, the staff is very good and very professional. Food there is very good too. The rooms that they have are very nice, very attractive and very clean. They maintained everything there.

Posted by Fran5 January 28, 2014

Personally, I like Sacred Heart by The Creek. This facility is feasible on the budget. My aunt lives there. I don't know if they have changed their activities, but I know they have bingo and chapel and all of those things that they have. I know they take them to places over there. They have grounds where they can walk and get outside. She has basic room right now wherein she is not sharing with anyone, but he has everything that she needed there. I was able to recommend this facility to my clients as well. As far as affordable and what a good care, that seemed to be a very good one and my aunt loves it there. I visited her couple of times and they are always very nice and the people are very chatty.

Posted by Djk728 June 05, 2013
1.0

If I could get away with a no star rating I would! Many hidden costs and don't complain or your costs will rise and you will be asked to leave! If you have a loved one here you better keep informed on their condition and go with them to their doctor appointments! Know your resident's rights and you do have the right to a second opinion!!!!!! Don't believe everything you are told a lot of inner turmoil. Recommendation find another facility.

Posted by Mary41 March 13, 2013

The people at Sacred Heart are very friendly and helpful. The place is very clean, very impressive, and the price is right. The food is good. I have no complaints.

Posted by Unknown1 September 27, 2012
3.0

While the 1st year that my in-laws were residents at Sacred Heart by the creek went fairly well; we noticed changes. We were under the impression that the food was updated & different all the time (this wasn't true, it started to become a regular predictable schedule). The staff seemed stressed & over-worked all the time (under staffed). My mother-in-law got into the habit of not pressing the beeper necklace around her neck because she new it would take to long for the staff to come. The straw that broke the camels back was the sudden pricing changes, $10-$50 per day per additional service requested. The facility was in fact kept clean & tidy, there are numerous activities for the residents to pass the time throughout the day. They do have a beautiful path-way/walk-way on their campus outside for the residents to go for a walk & sit by the creek on the benches that are placed outside in the shade.

Posted by Maria5 August 14, 2012
4.0

My uncle is currently at Sacred Heart. We have to move our uncle from Florida to Pennsylvania. He had a series of stroke attack and he is also diabetic. That's why we had to place him in a facility that will give him extra care. Sacred Heart is a beautiful place. What I like about them is that they have lots of activities for their residents and they also have different levels of care. What I didn't like about them is that since my uncle is diabetic, their food is not for a diabetic person. I already talked to them about that. But the staff are wonderful. They are very accommodating and caring. I would recommend this facility to others.

Posted by CoolCats23 June 16, 2012
4.0

The facility is kept clean with many different rooming options available for residents. Staff is available for the residents at any time and are able to be contacted at any time. The location is great because it is close to a main road but tucked away by a creek where residents can enjoy the water and surroundings in a tranquil environment. A garden is available for residents interested in keeping up with their green thumb. The units have air conditioning which is great for the summer months. In addition the suites are gorgeous. If residents find a good roommate I am almost certain they would stay. Steps away is a medical clinic available to residents if needed. There are many great attractions close to the facility which include restaurants and a movie theatre. One of the finest features is that there is a private dining room is guests have a special occasion to celebrate. Overall this facility is one of the best around.

Location of Sacred Heart Assisted Living