The Bristal Assisted Living at North Woodmere

Overview of Ratings

4.3

December 29, 2015

By Lynne27

The Bristal was nicer and newer than another facility I liked. They have a movie room, and the activity room was bigger than the other facility's. It had very nice, new carpeting. The cafeteria was very modern and updated. It was nice, too. The facility was bigger, so I was worried that it might be too much walking for my mother. Neverthless, the staff was very friendly and very helpful. Everyone was nice. The surroundings were very pretty, and there were nice outdoor areas that I liked.

December 10, 2015

By Hal M.

The Bristal Assisted Living at North Woodmere and its people are very nice. It’s updated and modern to a point. It’s not a tall building with two floors and is very handicapped-friendly for the elderly people. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. They were wonderful people, I must say. The food is Kosher, and my mother is not Kosher nor interested in Kosher food. They have a lot of activities going on there, like books in a machine that magnifies everything in big letters. It was very nice. They have another area where they can get coffee and tea anytime they want, which is very nice, too. They had a nice outdoor park where they have events in the summertime. The rooms were very nice. There are a few different types of rooms. One of them is called the Friendship Room where you’re not actually sharing the room, just sharing the alcove area; you go through the main door and there are two other doors for two separate rooms. The bathrooms are outside the rooms but not outside the main door, and there was a kitchenette. This type of room was less expensive. I thought it was very nice. They have different events where they take them on day trips to different places. This facility gave me the impression of living at a hotel.

October 28, 2015

By Caring 1231

My friend is at The Bristal Assisted Living. I think the place looks nice. They do laundry, and they clean up her room. Her room is a very good-size with very good closet space. My friend has put in some of her own furniture, so it feels more like home. They have some exercising. They have a little gym, but it is mostly exercise in a chair because these are all old people. And that's one of the complaints my friend has. She is old herself, but the other residents are old to the point where they don't talk much anymore. It is not very social. The accommodations are very nice, though. The place is nice and clean. The staff at the desk is very pleasant.

August 22, 2015

The Bristal Assisted Living at North Woodmere was a very nice place. The staff was very accommodating. They had church, and arts & crafts. It was in a nice area. The people were pleasant. The food was good. I liked it.

June 16, 2015

By Janice108553350

The reception area at The Bristal was very nice. We were very pleased with the place. The studio apartment was very spacious. It was very nice. They had a dining room, a movie theater, and a bingo room.

February 10, 2015

The Bristal is very nice for my mother. You get your own one-bedroom apartment, you go downstairs and have all your meals in the dining room, and all your activities and your medical care are all handled. I have no complaints whatsoever. They have every type of activity you can think of. They have exercise, movies, shows, table games, and book groups, and the dining room is really nice. She goes upstairs to her room, they pick up her laundry for her, and they handle all the bed making and all the cleaning in the apartment. The apartment has a beautiful walk-in shower with a seat in the shower. She is as happy as she could be.

December 29, 2014

By daphne123

My Mom was treated in a demeaning fashion, activities are not welcoming to new residents, food is good but place is otherwise stifling - sleep over and spend some time.

Since The Bristal first opened its doors in 2000, as an organization, we remain genuinely and consistently committed to providing a premier assisted living experience that is safe, transparent, enriching, and rewarding for both our residents and their families. Our carefully vetted staff goes through extensive ongoing training and education to remain at the forefront of industry best practices. The Bristal at Woodmere's many positive reviews on caring.com and other review sites, awards and citations of recognition over the years are a testament to that fact that we strive to exceed our resident and their families expectations. We wish to address your feedback quickly so please contact the Ultimate Care Senior Management office. The management team's email addresses are under WHO WE ARE on thebristal.com.

November 12, 2014

By caring1554

The Bristol at North Woodmere was the one I liked the best. I liked the way it was laid out, the neighborhood that it was in, and it didn’t give you that much of a nursing home as the others. My mom liked this the most as well. The woman who wanted to sell us the place was naturally very nice.

May 30, 2014

By caregucci

I thought The Bristal at North Woodmere was very nice, very well maintained, very cheery, and like a nice hotel. I liked the dining room and I thought the people were very friendly. The staff was very helpful, informative, and friendly. They answered all my questions. They showed me a couple of different rooms and programs. They had activities like bingo and playing cards. They had movies. I looked at the calendar, and they seemed to have a lot going on. They had a gym and a little rehab center so that the people could do physical therapy there if they needed to. If I was that age, then I would be comfortable with them.

April 12, 2014

The Bristal Assisted Living at North Woodmere was very beautiful. The staff was great. The rooms were very nice and clean. They were very good. The dining room was beautiful. I'm impressed with this community.

March 31, 2014

I visited The Bristal. It was clean, but I felt very claustrophobic. I know I would not like it. It seemed nice, but I think my parents would prefer to remain in their apartment and have caregivers come to the apartment. I was taken around by a young woman, and she was involved, very positive, and she cared about what was going on there. The rooms were clean, decorated with modern furniture, but I did not feel homey. It felt like a cookie-cutter hotel. Each room was the same. It was a nice "institution."

January 31, 2014

By Lisa68853950

The Bristal is beautiful. It's very clean, very nice, and the people are attentive to my mom. She said the food is good. We've gone to the Christmas Party which was very nice, and the food was very good. The rooms are big, very nice, very clean and updated. Bathrooms are gorgeous. Everything is very nice.

January 29, 2014

By caring daughter 1

My mom has been a resident for the past two years and I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Bristal of North Woodmere. The staff is caring and kind towards the residents and the residents who are in need of a higher care level, receive the care in a very gentle and encouraging way. The facility is immaculate and the decor is cheerful and bright. I had visited 15 facilities before choosing the Bristal for my mom. My mom is very happy here and I could not have made a better choice for her!

July 24, 2013

By caring07121

The Bristal was very beautiful and comfortable. The apartments are spacious, well appointed and very reasonable. The staff seems very knowledgeable. They had a calendar of activities. They had different levels of care but we were interested in the independent living. It seemed a much older community than we were looking for.

May 11, 2013

By Caring 6409

The Bristal Assisted Living at North Woodmere was clean, organized and it looked like a hotel. The location was also close to my house. They had different apartments both private and shared. I liked it because it had a memory center. The staff were very courteous and I liked the atmosphere for my dad. I would choose this facility when the time comes.

February 28, 2013

By Diane12

Mother enjoy being at The Bristal of North Woodmere. She's only been there since December. The facility looked very nice and beautiful. Its' very clean and very attractively decorated. The room is nice. Mom shares a bathroom with somebody. She seems to have found some people to play cards with, which she likes. The staff seems very friendly and they seem to know her. The food is good. My son actually likes it, and we go there for lunch often.

October 25, 2012

By Val2

I visited my grandmother at this facility on multiple occasions on different days and times, each time was a pleasure. My grandmother had her own studio, which allowed her enough space to place her own furniture. She was allowed to post pictures on the wall and some of her favorite fabrics, making the studio feel like her old room. Whenever I arrive at the facility, I am greeted with a smiling and happy secretary at the front; who takes down my information and provides me with a visitor tag. As I proceed to my grandmother's room, I am greeted by the staff and directed to my location. My grandmother is often reading in her bed and her view of a lake provides her comfort. She is always grateful to have a beautiful view of nature. The bathroom and her kitchen are always clean, and her laundry is always done on time and returned on time. My grandmother often tells me stories about their outings, since the staff take them on various 'adventures'. I always appreciated this because my grandmother likes to explore and visit new places. Overall, this is a very happy place and the staff is very welcoming.

September 29, 2011

By HappyPlace87

August 06, 2011

By CelloLady

Other

This is a well kept facility with an attentive and caring staff. The recreation department has a variety of activities with some very good entertainment for the residents. Most complaints are dealt with in a very timely fashion. My Dad has been a resident for the past four years.

Let Us Search For You

Photos of The Bristal Assisted Living at North Woodmere

Features of The Bristal Assisted Living at North Woodmere

• Pharma

About The Bristal Assisted Living at North Woodmere

The Bristal Assisted Living at North Woodmere is dedicated to enhancing the lives of seniors by encouraging them to enjoy and express their independence in a luxurious setting. We boast gourmet dining, beautiful surroundings, weekly laundry and housekeeping services, cablevision and scheduled transportation to shopping, community activities and group outings.

At The Bristal, individuals will find that help is available, if needed, for personal care, medication management, meals, housekeeping, laundry, recreation and 24-hour per day supervision with our high staff-to-resident ratio, compassionate, and expertly-trained staff. Residents have a choice of studios, one and 2 bedroom apartments, replete with roomy kitchens and generous bathrooms. In addition, each Bristal houses a special area call Reflections for those adults who have early to mid-stage Alzheimer's and other memory related cognitive disorders.

The Bristal at North Woodmere looks out upon a serene and picture perfect lake, which is surrounded by stately trees that shade a lovely and friendly community. It's an ideal scenery for visiting with family, reflecting on life or just practicing strokes on our putting green. The North Woodmere community is located within Long Island's prestigious Five Towns district and within close proximity to the Southern State Parkway and Sunrise Highway.

Map of The Bristal Assisted Living at North Woodmere