Brookdale North Richland Hills

8500 Emerald Hills Way, North Richland Hills, TX, 76180

Reviews of Brookdale North Richland Hills

Teresa49 October 28, 2015

Horizon Bay was a nice place, and it was clean. I was impressed with it. They had a lot of more activities planned because their people were a little more independent. They had a bus too.

Caring107638350 May 28, 2015

My wife is at Horizon Bay -- North Richland Hills. We chose it because their marketing director was very informative. She was very helpful and was on top of things with us. I like the facility -- the way it was arranged and the cleanliness. I like their eating facility because it’s more like a restaurant. The food servers are very kind and very nice. The way that the facility was laid out was good. The nurse who visited us for an assessment was very nice. They do have activities every day. They have tours and trips to Walmart every week. They have games, and people come in for musicals.

Sue102881350 March 07, 2015

We loved Horizon Bay. My husband is very interested in a garage; that's why he liked the cottages here at Horizon Bay. It is very home-like, clean, and well cared for. It is just like a small version of home. It had a garage and a kitchen. Everything is very spacious. Spacious would be a good word for the cottages. It has two bedrooms places that are spacious.

Caring96125850 October 26, 2014

I moved my mom at Horizon Bay North. I chose this because of the proximity of the location. Everybody that I have dealt with that works there is wonderful and took care of my mom very well. My mom says she likes the food, and she is very happy there.

Trina5 August 05, 2014

My brother-in-law was in Horizon Bay for two years. He had an excellent room that was in a corner at the end of the hall. It had a nice view. It wasn't kept as clean as I would have liked. He needed the room cleaned more often than once a week. We liked the dining area; it was very nice and the food was great originally. They changed owners; then the menu and presentation changed. They weren't as able to help my brother-in-law anymore. The staff was very friendly and nice to us.

George84283450 June 26, 2014

Horizon Bay North Richland Hills is an older place, and it needs a little bit more updating. There's nothing there that really stands out; they're pretty much generic. Horizon Bay was not that nice, and it was not something that I liked. The staff was friendly. They were very open to helping us find the right place for Mom and Dad. They were very receptive. The rooms were smaller. They showed us the activity menu and the agenda that they had for the guests. They also showed us the dining and snack menu.

Joy17 May 30, 2014

Horizon Bay was absolutely beautiful. The lady who took us around was very nice and very informative. I would absolutely recommend this place. Mostly I like the sizes of their rooms in the care unit for Alzheimer's. This facility was a secured unit.

Caring83407350 May 12, 2014

Horizon Bay was very impressive. It was very nice. However, for the price, the rooms were not very big. The dining facility was not as nice. They basically had the normal array of activities. It was too far away.

Beverley2 January 31, 2014

Horizon Bay was my dad's favorite place and I liked it too. It looked like a nice and friendly place. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were nice, but they were smaller than the ones in the other facility. I didn't eat there. But my father, sister and brother-in-law went for thanksgiving dinner there and they said the food was very good. I saw their dining room and it was nice. It had a happy kind of feeling. They had activities like games, movies and outings. They were less expensive and my dad really liked that they had a dog run because my dad had a little dog and that was a nice thing for him.

Claire10 December 31, 2013

It was a really nice facility. The rooms were very nice with lots of windows, very handy to everything. It had washers and driers right next door. The food was absolutely excellent and served all day. They had nurses who were on-call 24-hours a day. They had people there to do your therapy. They had exercise. There was a lot of good things there.

Caring72959850 October 24, 2013

Horizon Bay is kind of a combination of independent living and assisted living. It was not maneuverable for somebody that has difficulty getting around. There were elevators to contend with and the rooms were much smaller than the other places. It would not have worked for our needs. The people working there were very friendly and seemed to enjoy working there. If they could place the assisted living residents near the dining hall, that would be a much easier arrangement.

Lane2 September 22, 2013

When we visited Horizon Bay and my dad liked it because it was an open facility. The staff was extremely helpful and very nice. The rooms were very clean.

caring9883 July 24, 2013

Horizon Bay was very clean, very well groomed. The staff was awesome but the front office person needs to have better communication.

conoormw December 22, 2012

The facility is beautiful, clean and offers a country club feel. The private, independent, apartments are the perfect size, and they allow small pets, my mother has a cat, and also month to month rentals. The services of the facility are about what I would expect; shuttle buses, on call doctors and nurses, housekeeping etc. I was a little disappointed that they did not offer private transportation to and from Doctors for their residents but they assured me they will arrange for a cab to and from the appointment and they are there both when their residents leave and return. I found most of the staff to be very friendly, but a few of the nurses that I had a chance to speak too were abrupt and didn't seem to appreciate my hypothetical questions on how they would handle my mothers care. Other than that though I was very impressed. Though this is the first facility that I have toured in person it had excellent reviews and came recommended and I wasn't disappointed.

commercesd January 24, 2012

We went to visit the Horizon Bay - North Richland Hills assisted living facility, when visiting possible place for our aunt.

We could see how well the grounds were tended "“ and there was plenty of outside benches and walking areas for residents to get exercise outside safely.

All of the community rooms were easy access, nicely designed, spacious and had comforting decors. The residents socialize, read, watch movies and TV, create crafts, play games and use the computer.

The senior's living spaces were nicely decorated with their own furnishings to provide the most comfort.

The casual dining rooms had beautiful furniture "“ with nice designs for easy access. The formal dining area room hosts special events, parties and can be reserved by the residents for their own private use.

The menu options featured a wide and interesting and healthy foods for every dietary need. The meals we saw appeared to be very appetizing. The snacks looked equally interesting and nutritious and are offered regularly and any time the seniors request them.

Residents can use the fitness room for classes, or for specially designed programs designed for the training equipment. There are fitness experts who visit regularly to instruct the seniors for the best experience. Many of the residents choose to enjoy most of their exercise outside since the mild climate in Texas is conducive to this. The staff takes residents on walks regularly where they can enjoy each other's companies as well as nature.

The residents also get taken into the city to enjoy many excursions and participate in the events of the art museums, galleries, music venues and go shopping. There are also plentiful casual and fine dining establishments for the seniors to enjoy every time they visit the various surrounding cities.

The residents seemed to really enjoy living here. Everyone looked calm and peaceful, yet engaged in their lives with the kind and caring staff. Residents here are all encouraged to be as independent as possible, but get assistance easily whenever they require it.

From Brookdale North Richland Hills

Brookdale North Richland Hills provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale North Richland Hills

• Housing extra: Cottages

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• State License(s): 10232