Arbor House of Norman

4501 W. Main Street, Norman, OK, 73072

Reviews of Arbor House of Norman

Caring93179450 August 28, 2014

I looked at Arbor House and it was a pretty nice assisted living center. We had some friends that had lived there at one time or another, and I felt they were well cared for. I decided it would be adequate for my wife if we needed it and I already have recommended them to others.

Caring81968450 April 30, 2014

Everything so far has been very good at Arbor House of Norman. My mother is probably not going to be there too much longer, but they try to help as much as they can. The staff is helpful. The head nurse updates me about Mom. They are excellent about repairing things that need to be repaired. They have exercise. They have something called 'Wii Bowling:' it's an electronic game that keeps their arms moving. They're very good about activities. I'm very pleased.

commercesd January 05, 2012

We decided to take a look at Arbor House of Norman, Oklahoma for our uncle. We happened to be in the vicinity visiting friends, so stopped in. The well-manicured grounds were really attractive, we noticed first.

The area is quiet and peaceful, which our uncle really likes. The lobby had a lovely fountain and fireplace and seemed very welcoming. The aristocratic feel of the furnishings was really kind of refreshing; we've visited a lot of home-style facilities lately -- all of which were nice, but this was a fresh take on a different point of view. We waited in the lovely sitting room where some residents also happened to be -- one was reading a book and the other was relaxing.

The dining room was a bit formal for our tastes, but there are other options that residents can consider -- such as dining privately by themselves or with a few others. The menu options looked delicious and well thought out.

Our uncle would appreciate the pool since he loves to swim. The patio areas looked lovely and we could see how he would really enjoy them as well.

This facility specializes in dementia -- which our uncle has early stages of. Meeting with the staff and seeing how they interacted with residents so kindly made us feel very comfortable.

All of the areas were immaculately clean and it is obvious that the staff takes pride in keeping them that way. The staff really works together, and it shows.

The activities are varied -- residents are offered many options, from walking to exercise classes and other stimulating and fun things to do. Our uncle was always quite active until recently, and this facility gives us hope that he could return to his fun-loving self easily here.

Clearly - this facility is at the top of our list due to the professionalism, excellent care and staff-resident interaction. Dealing with memory challenged people is challenging, but Arbor House seems to handle it extremely well. The kindness, patience and diligence of the staff did not go unnoticed by us. In fact, it was truly extraordinary to see and we feel that anyone with dementia would be treated with the same level of kindness and genuine concern that we saw on our visit.

From Arbor House of Norman

At Arbor House Assisted Living Norman, our personalized services are designed for those who desire the finer things in life. Since we believe life improves with age, we have created special services and carefree environment that promote independence and dignity without all of the concerns associated with maintaining a home. The array of fine services we offer reflect our goal of enhancing quality of life for our residents. Most importantly, our services are delivered with respect and sensitivity. We understand that individual needs vary, so our personalized services are tailored to meet the specific needs of each resident. Whether it be a hobby, exercise, or leisure, we offer our residents the opportunity to pursue individual desires. Arbor House offers a choice of private suites designed to meet diverse needs and tastes. Our spacious and inviting accommodations await and welcome the personal touches and cherished collectibles that truly make a house a home. Our residents enjoy the outdoors in our beautifully appointed courtyard.

All the best in life in the company of good friends, the indulgence of gracious amenities, and the security of caring, personalized services await you at Arbor House. We invite you to become a part of our special residence dedicated to providing you with the best in life.

Features of Arbor House of Norman