Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall

890 Poplar Hall Drive, Norfolk, VA, 23502

Reviews of Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall

caringvisitor4 March 16, 2016

Leigh Hall was right in the commercial area. It was a former hotel, so the first floor with the dining room included was very posh. The bedrooms were adequate but not great. The people we talked to were nice and doing a special event for the people that live there. They have a special event at least one every week. The downstairs facilities were very nice, including the dining room, the sitting rooms, and the library.

Caring104766750 April 07, 2015

I visited Leigh Hall for my mother. They were remodeling at that time, and I wasn't really impressed with the place. The staff seemed OK, but I just didn't like it.

On behalf of Leigh Hall, I would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us. Providing our residents and their families with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion is our top priority. I would love the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your concerns. My e-mail address is scaulder@commonwealthal.com and my phone number is 757-461-5956. Thank you so much and I look forward to speaking with you. Starr Caulder, Executive Director at Leigh Hall

LHJ1 October 20, 2014

After a long year of trying to find the perfect place to move my grandmother, Leigh Hall was recommended twice in a 24 hour period. I made an appointment, met with Ilene Lipton, and chose Leigh Hall. Since making that decision, I have been so pleased with everyone and everything. They were very accommodating to my time line. This decision was thrust upon me but Leigh Hall as a whole has been a blessing! They continue to take great care of my grandmother. I don’t know what I would have done without everyone here! They have taken the worry out of my day and let me be more concerned with just visiting instead of caretaking.

Martha31 August 30, 2014

We just stopped by Leigh Hall Assisted Living one day and a lady took us on a tour. It was nice. My sister really liked it, but it was just too expensive. They have two nurses on staff. They have private rooms and semi-private rooms. They had just remodeled the place. They have a van so if you want to go to church, they can take you to church and back. They can also take you shopping. They have a special time of the day where you can go in the activity room to watch TV, play games, read, etc. You get three meals a day. You can eat in the dining room or you can eat in your room. One thing I like best about this community is that it is close to my sister's church.

Emily3 April 14, 2013

Leigh Hall was a nice looking facility. Maybe I just went the wrong time of day when maybe most of the residents were out shopping or doing some activity. And therefore the ones that weren't participating in an activity were just sitting around quietly. So it just looked kind of desolate and depressing. But the lady who gave me the tour, Vera, was extremely nice.

From Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall, a premier senior living community in Norfolk. Centrally located with easy access to all the amenities of the Hampton Roads region, Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall is a unique and distinctive community. We provide comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle.

Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall boasts a variety of amenities, including an airy lobby with grand piano, elegant dining room and therapy services. Our residents enjoy suites and companion rooms with a private bath. All of our rooms and suites are built around a light-filled atrium, creating a delightful and charming atmosphere. For our active residents, our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Our transportation service helps residents get to their important appointments. With no entrance fees, enjoying life at Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and weekly housekeeping and linen service.

The attentive and experienced caregivers provide compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you'll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall further and schedule a tour today.

We were originally built as a suites hotel so all our rooms and 1 bedrooms are larger than most assisted living communities. We have 3 floors that surround a sunlit atrium that have the style and charm of New Orleans. We are conveniently located off I-64

Features of Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall