We chose Elderwood (Elderwood at Wheatfield) because it has the exercise equipment to give my wife the proper exercise that she needs in long-term care, and it's close to home. The rooms are great, the community is fantastic, and the family can visit her almost every day. It is well set up. I need some help getting her in there, though, since there is a severe waiting list. It may take a couple of years.
Reviews of Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield
May 27, 2017
I visited this facility
August 12, 2015
I visited this facility
We have visited Elderwood. They seemed very attentive to the patients. They had nice, clean facilities. The staff seemed very helpful. I liked what I saw there.
Photos of Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield
Features of Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield
- Minimum Rate: $3663/month
- Entry Fee
Room and housing options
- Companion Suites: We Offer Companion Suites
- Studio Apartments
- Dining Room Shared Meals
- Room Service For Meals
- Beauty Barber Shop
- Computer Room
- Resident Transportation
- Party Space
- General Store
- Tv Room
- Garden And Patio
- Resident Parking
- Laundry For Linens
- Laundry For Clothing
Technology and entertainment
- Cable In Rooms
- Medication Management
- Psychiatric Care
- Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.
- Offsite Activities
- Religious Services
- Lectures Discussions
- Book Clubs
- Wii Sports
- Fitness Room
- Arts And Crafts
- Va Benefits Consultation
- Financing Advice
- Guest Parking
- Guests At Mealtime
- Overnight Guests
- Staff Patient Ratio: 2:1
- Pets: All Pets Allowed
- State Licenses: ?500-F-103
About Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield
LIFE AT ELDERWOOD
- Comfortable private and semi-private or studio-style rooms.
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry.
- Scheduled transportation services.
- Elegant, restaurant-style dining experience at every meal.
- Daily social events, wellness programs and regular outings.
- Spacious common areas for family gatherings and visits from friends.
- Round-the-clock nursing supervision and medication management.
- Help with activities of daily living.
- Daily check-ins.
- Meticulously landscaped grounds.
- Complimentary WiFi.
- Part of Elderwood’s community of care – if needed, skilled nursing and short-term rehab are right next door.
INNOVATIVE SUBACUTE SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT
- Advanced vital sign monitoring and strength-training machines, including stationary bikes and treadmills.
- Point-of-service technology with iPads provides seamless coordination of care.
- Electronic medical records enable providers to access real-time patient data.
FOCUSED INTERDISCIPLINARY TEAM
- Compassionate, professional staff with specialized training and expertise, whose goal is to achieve the most positive clinical results.
- 24/7 registered nursing care ensures comfort is always maintained.
- All staff dedicated to quality service and patient recovery, from nutritional services to social work to nursing.
- A Person Centered Care model places emphasis on relationships with patients and families.
- Close-knit community promotes independence and dignity.
- Staff takes care of insurance pre-authorization.
What Makes Us Special
For those who need more individualized care, Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield is licensed under New York State’s Assisted Living Program (ALP) to provide specialized care for residents who medically qualify.
Map of Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield