Reviews of Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield
Anonymous111595950 August 12, 2015
I visited this facility
We have visited Elderwood. They seemed very attentive to the patients. They had nice, clean facilities. The staff seemed very helpful. I liked what I saw there.
From Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield
LIFE AT ELDERWOOD
- Comfortable private and semi-private or studio-style rooms.
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry.
- Scheduled transportation services.
- Elegant, restaurant-style dining experience at every meal.
- Daily social events, wellness programs and regular outings.
- Spacious common areas for family gatherings and visits from friends.
- Round-the-clock nursing supervision and medication management.
- Help with activities of daily living.
- Daily check-ins.
- Meticulously landscaped grounds.
- Complimentary WiFi.
- Part of Elderwood’s community of care – if needed, skilled nursing and short-term rehab are right next door.
INNOVATIVE SUBACUTE SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT
- Advanced vital sign monitoring and strength-training machines, including stationary bikes and treadmills.
- Point-of-service technology with iPads provides seamless coordination of care.
- Electronic medical records enable providers to access real-time patient data.
FOCUSED INTERDISCIPLINARY TEAM
- Compassionate, professional staff with specialized training and expertise, whose goal is to achieve the most positive clinical results.
- 24/7 registered nursing care ensures comfort is always maintained.
- All staff dedicated to quality service and patient recovery, from nutritional services to social work to nursing.
- A Person Centered Care model places emphasis on relationships with patients and families.
- Close-knit community promotes independence and dignity.
- Staff takes care of insurance pre-authorization.
What Makes Us Special
For those who need more individualized care, Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield is licensed under New York State’s Assisted Living Program (ALP) to provide specialized care for residents who medically qualify.
Features of Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
- Psychiatric care
- 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
Room and housing options
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We offer companion suites
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Computer room
- General store
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Wii sports competition
- Guests can attend meals
- Guests can stay overnight
- Ample parking for guests
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Meals delivered to residents' rooms
- Meals in a shared dining room
- We charge an entry fee
- Minimum rate: $3,663/month
- Pets: All pets allowed
- Staff patient ratio: 2:1
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
- State License(s): ?500-F-103
Location of Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities