The Birches at Newtown

70 Durham Road, Newtown, PA, 18940

Reviews of The Birches at Newtown

BJ7 November 22, 2015

The Birches at Newtown was a really nice, new place. The staff seemed very nice, and I really liked them a lot, but they did not have anything available. They had really good physical therapy where they keep everybody active. I liked that.

Robert98173250 December 10, 2014

I saw the Birches at Newtown's dining area, but I did not eat there. I think the rooms lack a little bit of spaciousness. I saw an art room, and I think there was somebody who was instructing painting. There was a person there who greeted me at the front door. They could upgrade their décor.

Thanks so much for visiting The Birches of Newton. Your comments about spaciousness and décor were surprising since The Birches of Newtown is a new community. Most people comment on the number and size of the common spaces. You mentioned the art room, but did you also see our Theater, Exercise Room, Activity Room and outdoor patios (for when the weather warms up)? We hope you’ll come back and join us for a meal in the dining room and take another look around. We want to earn that 5th star!

Caring91380650 October 25, 2014

I also visited the Birches. It was brand new. The rooms were big and beautiful. Everything was clean, spotless, and open. They said they had activities, but I didn't see any because it was Saturday. We didn't eat there, but we saw the dining room; it looked OK and clean. The staff was friendly. However, they don't recognize Medicaid/Medicare at all. They said to us "If you to come here and your money would run out, they would not let Medicaid, and you would have to transfer out to another facility," and that was not good at all.

Thanks so much for visiting The Birches of Newton and giving us a 5-Star Rating! I encourage you to visit our website at www.thebirchesatnewtown.com to view our monthly activity calendar ~ I’m sorry you visited at a time when no activities were scheduled, but we have a full calendar that includes something for everyone. I also want to make sure that you understand that no Personal Care communities in Pennsylvania can accept Medicare or Medicaid. However, we are happy to work with families with Long Term Care Insurance and have information about the VA Aid and Attendance benefit if people qualify.

From The Birches at Newtown

Need assistance with daily tasks such as bathing, dressing or medication management? At The Birches Personal Care and Memory Care Community you will find all the services you need to live a healthy and happy life.

The month-to-month lease includes three meals daily served in the dining room, housekeeping and laundry services, social events and transportation to local outings and appointments, plus 24-hour personal care assistance. Located within the community is Daybreak at The Birches, a secure neighborhood designed for those with memory-impairing illnesses such as Alzheimer's disease. Residents in this area receive all the amenities of personal care along with specialized care and programs.

Features of The Birches at Newtown

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy

• Housing extra: Studio deluxe
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,195/month

• Staff patient ratio: 10 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None