The Birches at Newtown

70 Durham Road, Newtown, PA, 18940

Contact Now

Reviews of The Birches at Newtown

LMD2 December 23, 2015

The Birches is a very nice community. The facility is beautiful and the staff is very friendly.

The Brother December 17, 2015

The Birches at Newtown was my second choice for my sister. It was very good. I thought they had adequate staffing for the services they provided. They were strictly a memory care facility, which is what I was looking for. They weren’t as new a facility as the other one, but the facility was in a very good condition. The tour of the facility was done on a weekend, but they really didn’t have somebody that normally does that available, so I don’t think the tour was as good. As a result, there wasn’t a lot of time to sit down and ask questions and go through it.

Thanks so much for visiting The Birches of Newtown. Based on your comments, I want to make sure that you received the correct information. The Birches at Newtown has both a secure memory care neighborhood and a personal care neighborhood. I was also confused by your comment about age. The Birches is only 1½ years old and definitely looks brand new. I hope you didn’t have us confused with another community! I encourage you to visit our website at www.thebirchesatnewtown.com and if you decide that you’d like to come see us again, please contact someone in the Marketing Department and we’d be happy to come in anytime ~ including weekends ~ to give you a tour!

Anonymous115902350 November 25, 2015

I really like The Birches at Newton. It’s very convenient for me. The place is new, so everything was very clean and bright. The people seemed very friendly.

BJ7 November 22, 2015

The Birches at Newtown was a really nice, new place. The staff seemed very nice, and I really liked them a lot, but they did not have anything available. They had really good physical therapy where they keep everybody active. I liked that.

Robert98173250 December 10, 2014

I saw the Birches at Newtown's dining area, but I did not eat there. I think the rooms lack a little bit of spaciousness. I saw an art room, and I think there was somebody who was instructing painting. There was a person there who greeted me at the front door. They could upgrade their décor.

Thanks so much for visiting The Birches of Newton. Your comments about spaciousness and décor were surprising since The Birches of Newtown is a new community. Most people comment on the number and size of the common spaces. You mentioned the art room, but did you also see our Theater, Exercise Room, Activity Room and outdoor patios (for when the weather warms up)? We hope you’ll come back and join us for a meal in the dining room and take another look around. We want to earn that 5th star!

Caring91380650 October 25, 2014

I also visited the Birches. It was brand new. The rooms were big and beautiful. Everything was clean, spotless, and open. They said they had activities, but I didn't see any because it was Saturday. We didn't eat there, but we saw the dining room; it looked OK and clean. The staff was friendly. However, they don't recognize Medicaid/Medicare at all. They said to us "If you to come here and your money would run out, they would not let Medicaid, and you would have to transfer out to another facility," and that was not good at all.

Thanks so much for visiting The Birches of Newton and giving us a 5-Star Rating! I encourage you to visit our website at www.thebirchesatnewtown.com to view our monthly activity calendar ~ I’m sorry you visited at a time when no activities were scheduled, but we have a full calendar that includes something for everyone. I also want to make sure that you understand that no Personal Care communities in Pennsylvania can accept Medicare or Medicaid. However, we are happy to work with families with Long Term Care Insurance and have information about the VA Aid and Attendance benefit if people qualify.

From The Birches at Newtown

Need assistance with daily tasks such as bathing, dressing or medication management? At The Birches Personal Care and Memory Care Community you will find all the services you need to live a healthy and happy life.

The month-to-month lease includes three meals daily served in the dining room, housekeeping and laundry services, social events and transportation to local outings and appointments, plus 24-hour personal care assistance. Located within the community is Daybreak at The Birches, a secure neighborhood designed for those with memory-impairing illnesses such as Alzheimer's disease. Residents in this area receive all the amenities of personal care along with specialized care and programs.

Features of The Birches at Newtown