The Hidenwood Assisted Living and Retirement Community

50 Wellesley Drive, Newport News, VA, 23606

Reviews of The Hidenwood Assisted Living and Retirement Community

Valerie Madison March 20, 2013

My mother-in-law is at Hidenwood Retirement Facility. I wouldn't recommend this place though because patients just go eat and sit down. They don't have any activities. They have a gym but nobody's manning it. If they give you physical therapy, they charge you extra. Most of the workers are terrible. They don't do what they're supposed to do. A lot of times the place is nasty and crazy.

Ms. Madison, I am sorry to hear that your experiences at our community did not meet your expectations. I would welcome the opportunity at any time to address these experiences with you. Please feel free as always to call us or stop in. 757-930-1075.

hoodratflu May 04, 2012

The facility was amazing. The landscape was gorgeous, very well kept gardens and clean parking lot. The staff were all friendly and obviously made the attended feel at home. What amazed me the most was the food that is served are actually meals, not like hospital food. The price was steep, but for what you are receiving that is expected.

Deborah C. April 20, 2012

It's a very nice facility. It was great and close. The proximity was wonderful. Couldn't move mom in here because they didn't have that many levels of care. My mom had dementia. Not really equipped for people with dementia or special needs. People who can feed themselves and toilet themselves would be perfect candidates for Hidenwood.

whatup_007 January 21, 2012

My great grandmother lived at the Hidenwood. She had a really good relationship with the staff. Her favorite activities were getting her hair done and playing bingo. Before moving in, she was really hesitant to leave her home but he facility made her feel comfortable. She got along with all the residents and even had a "boyfriend" for a short time while living there.While all nursing homes and assisted living facilities have that hospital smell, Hidenwood countered this with a pleasant and well kept grounds. My great grandmother enjoyed the gardens and many species of birds were attracted to the feeders outside her window. The residents were also kept entertained with frequent day trips to areas of interest in Newport News and the surrounding areas.The Hidenwood helped my great grandmother feel comfortable in her final days. While I can't comment on the day to day operations of the staff, I can saw my great grandmother felt comfortable in a vibrant and engaging community.

About The Hidenwood Assisted Living and Retirement Community

The Hidenwood Assisted Living and Retirement Community is an assisted living facility in Newport News, VA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Hidenwood Assisted Living and Retirement Community for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Hidenwood Assisted Living and Retirement Community

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy