Chestnut House

1065 Johnson Avenue, Newark, OH, 43055

Reviews of Chestnut House

April 18, 2015

By Susan104993950

I liked Chestnut house. Everything was locked, and it was secured. The dining area was nice and very well kept. It was worth recommending because if somebody would place their parents in there, they were being watched. No one was just sitting around. I was inside one of the rooms, and it was all nicely kept up. They checked on their people regularly. There were plenty of rooms to sit. It was in a community type setting, and they were playing games at the time I was there. In nursing homes, you would go in and it smelled. There was no smell. It was very well kept and very clean. The people that worked there were talking to the people that lived there. There were no people sitting around the hallway. They tried to have everybody mingled. I was very impressed.

December 27, 2013

Chestnut House has more of a nursing home feel to it. It's supposed to be an assisted living but it felt more like hospital nursing home. In terms of location, it wasn't on the main road and it was set back on a suburb area, so it was quiet there. The entrance was locked so that people cannot freely go in and out. I knew my father wouldn't like that. It didn't have the activity level that the other facility has. There was a TV room and a library and that was about it; there wasn't anything else. Their dining room was open and I didn't like it enough. I think their rooms were a little bit smaller than the other ones I looked at. In terms of staff, they did have a really good manager there. He was very nice and very helpful. I really like him. He gave us a really nice tour and he answered all of our questions.

April 17, 2013

By Caring 2939

I've got friends at the Chestnut House. It's a pretty place and the staff seemed very attentive. It's a small place, so it seemed that everybody knows everybody, and people were happy being there.

Thanks so much, Caring 2939, for the positive review on Chestnut House assisted living in Newark! Your compliments on the staff and environment will be passed on to the employees and management at Chestnut House. They will appreciate hearing their hard work to provide quality service, activities, and compassion in a comfortable, home-like setting is making a difference for your friends and the rest of the residents. We would love to have your feedback on our website! Please visit www.alcco.com/contact-us/quality-connection to submit your testimonial and approval to post. Thank you again, Caring 2939, for taking the time to write about your experience at Chestnut House. Visit again soon!

Photos of Chestnut House

Services & Amenities of Chestnut House

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

About Chestnut House

Senior assisted living at Chestnut House offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Chestnut House, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Newark has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Chestnut House, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Map of Chestnut House